• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RIP GameTrailers.com

Dark Drakan

Admin

After 13 years it seems that GameTrailers.com is officially no more and has closed down. Was announced by its founder on Twitter today.

Always a shame to see gaming sites bite the dust and follows one of my old favourite sites (CVG) to the grave.

SOURCE

berto

I Saw the Devil
What? They're still releasing videos on YouTube. This is quite sudden. Why are they closing?

Dark Drakan

Admin
What? They're still releasing videos on YouTube. This is quite sudden. Why are they closing?

Apparently employees were only told mere hours before it was closed. Might have had something to do with their owners.

Defy Media acquired GameTrailers in 2014 and began laying off employees just days later. The company hit the site (along with The Escapist and GameFront) with more layoffs early last year.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Dark Drakan So are the Escapist and this GameFront next?

Game Trailers has a lot of activity, it's not as they were going down in popularity nor are their views down. I find it pretty unfair since I know who's getting the money for those videos and content now that they shut down.

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan So are the Escapist and this GameFront next?

Game Trailers has a lot of activity, it's not as they were going down in popularity nor are their views down. I find it pretty unfair since I know who's getting the money for those videos and content now that they shut down.

Not sure of all the details but I guess they will restructure themselves after the closure but who knows if any further closures will happen.

Top Bottom