• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Riding Enemy's (no not like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

how do u ride the enemy like a skateboard do u have to be in gunslinger cuz i'm fairly sure i did it once in swordmaster

Lady

the missing piece
i know that you can glide if you do Stinger, but you have to do it off an edge. For example, in the stripclub you can do it if you're ontop of the stairs. Is that what you're talking about? Vergil can do it too!

Noxotic

No, he means freeride. You don't need to be gunslinger. All you have to do is Hold R1 and Jump on top of a knocked down enemy. You go on them and ride. If you hold square, you shoot E&I if you have them equipped.

Axl Rose

I just jumped on 'em. while they were down. I was on Swordmaster too. I don't think style has anything to do with it.

Virgil

yeah i finally got it to work but only if they were near a wall lol. is there anyway to steer it?

Noxotic

Virgil said:
yeah i finally got it to work but only if they were near a wall lol. is there anyway to steer it?
Analog Stick, lol. Hold Square with E&I equipped to shoot while doing it.

Noxotic

Try holding R1, if that doesn't work, then just keep trying I guess, I don't know whats wrong then.

aoshi

iT he move is called the "free ride".once an enemy is down ,u jump over him in a way that will make u stand on him.Then use the left analog syick to control the direction of ur ride on the enemy.
To bring down an enemy hit moves like helm breaker (rebellion) or lift the enemy in the air .Eventually he will lie flat on the gorund.then u can execute free ride by jumping over him.

If u have any doubts regarding the moves ,press start menu when u r in the mission.
goto status,select file from that menu.
u will find a list from which u can select and watch the combos that dante can make.
one of the option is "style" where u can see different moves in each style(if u level them up)
The other option is the "devil arms".press x and u will find different moves that dante can do.
u can perform "free-ride" in any style.It does not depend on which style u r in.

Vince

lol with freeride you can just like the second cinematics when he ride an enemy and shoot with his gun its pretty fun and useful too

Curse

Cursed Girl
awww...i think that they should of made long coridors just so you can hawe fun riding da bastards :p

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
aoshi;1969 said:
iT he move is called the "free ride".once an enemy is down ,u jump over him in a way that will make u stand on him.Then use the left analog syick to control the direction of ur ride on the enemy.
To bring down an enemy hit moves like helm breaker (rebellion) or lift the enemy in the air .Eventually he will lie flat on the gorund.then u can execute free ride by jumping over him.

If u have any doubts regarding the moves ,press start menu when u r in the mission.
goto status,select file from that menu.
u will find a list from which u can select and watch the combos that dante can make.
one of the option is "style" where u can see different moves in each style(if u level them up)
The other option is the "devil arms".press x and u will find different moves that dante can do.
u can perform "free-ride" in any style.It does not depend on which style u r in.

i tried that trick in accidentaly but its a "free ride".....................awsome...........we dont pay anything to ride on the enemies..........................lol

Kodanshi

R·O·C·K·S·T·A·R
Thanks for that aoshi, good explanation! As awesome as that move looks (imagine my surprised delight when I found you could do the move Dante does in the opening cinematics!), its best use comes from the fact that you can buffer in moves like Multilock and charged shots! Hold down the appropriate buttons while surfing on your new skateboard, and release to have Dante kick mucho arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom