• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rewind a bit, could Phineas be Dante's Godfather?

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
  1. He knows Dante even though they've never met
  2. He knew both Sparda and Eva
  3. He knows about the Nephilim, so Sparda could have asked for Phineas' help when he had Dante and Vergil
  4. He knew that Assiel's Nephilim artefact would unlock Eva's message to Dante and his Devil Trigger
  5. His face when he's looking as Assiel. He seems contemplative, like "Dante's here, I have to help him."
  6. He's VERY old. Could be 9,000 years old, but only recently imprisoned.
  7. He was kept as a "political prisoner" by Mundus. It could mean Mundus found Phineas collaborating with Sparda, and threw him in the slammer because of it.
  8. He knew Mundus enough to know that killing his child would hurt him
  9. He helps Dante for almost no reason
  10. Vergil also knows of him

- The True Nephilim -

Devil Trigger Expert
Maybe, but I was thinking he was just a very good friend of Sparda, and since he married Eva, he had to know her as well. But I still wanna know how he knew so much about Nephilim since they were 'extinct' soon after their creation.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Interesting but I don't think we can safely say he's a part of the family tree. He could be just a good friend of Sparda and helped him out but there's more to Phineas and that's for sure. Vergil must have had a run in with the guy too because of how he reacted when Dante mentioned him.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
however phineas before parting ways bows his head and says "good luck, my master"

hmmmmm...

Good point. He could have been a steward/attendant of the family of some kind? But that raises questions. What could make him so valuable that Mundus decided keeping him prisoner was a good idea, instead of killing him outright? It doesn't even look like Phineas being blinded was Mundus's doing either (IIRC) never mind, Phineas being blinded and harassed by harpies is a reference to the mythological version (spelled "Phineus" with a U). Both versions are seers/prophets. Anyway, there's also a question of where he was when the family was attacked, unless he was imprisoned beforehand. He also says he's "no longer suited for violence", so was he when he was younger? The guy needs his own comic to flesh this out, lol.

Good point. He could have been a steward/attendant of the family of some kind? But that raises questions. What could make him so valuable that Mundus decided keeping him prisoner was a good idea, instead of killing him outright? It doesn't even look like Phineas being blinded was Mundus's doing either (IIRC) never mind, Phineas being blinded and harassed by harpies is a reference to the mythological version (spelled "Phineus" with a U). Both versions are seers/prophets. Anyway, there's also a question of where he was when the family was attacked, unless he was imprisoned beforehand. He also says he's "no longer suited for violence", so was he when he was younger? The guy needs his own comic to flesh this out, lol.

My theory is that he used to be some sort of guardian/protector of the Sparda family. He crossed over to the good side along with Sparda because he did not approve of Mundus and his crafty ways. He has been protecting them ever since, kind of like a key keeper who guards the secrets of Sparda and his family's whereabouts in the human world.
When Eva is screaming: "Sparda they found us!", it is possible that Phineas was abducted, extorted for information and left stranded in Bob Barbas' twisted Limbo world. They found the key to Sparda and wrecked his entire family. This would explain why Phineas recognized Dante as a son of Sparda, realized that Dante was not only his father's son but also possessed Eva's tenacity, why he helped Dante so willingly and why Vergil himself knew about Phineas (something he probably discovered when he was exploring his childhood home in Limbo).

The one loophole I see in my theory is time relativity. Phineas says he is no longer fit for combat so either he was younger when he could actually fight or Mundus somehow managed to weaken him in Limbo, leaving him only with his eye which was later stolen from him as well.

I would totally read that comic xD

My theory is that he used to be some sort of guardian/protector of the Sparda family. He crossed over to the good side along with Sparda because he did not approve of Mundus and his crafty ways. He has been protecting them ever since, kind of like a key keeper who guards the secrets of Sparda and his family's whereabouts in the human world.
When Eva is screaming: "Sparda they found us!", it is possible that Phineas was abducted, extorted for information and left stranded in Bob Barbas' twisted Limbo world. They found the key to Sparda and wrecked his entire family. This would explain why Phineas recognized Dante as a son of Sparda, realized that Dante was not only his father's son but also possessed Eva's tenacity, why he helped Dante so willingly and why Vergil himself knew about Phineas (something he probably discovered when he was exploring his childhood home in Limbo).

The one loophole I see in my theory is time relativity. Phineas says he is no longer fit for combat so either he was younger when he could actually fight or Mundus somehow managed to weaken him in Limbo, leaving him only with his eye which was later stolen from him as well.

I would totally read that comic xD

Another theory about Phineas (oh god this guy so deserves a comic of his own), being a scholar and inventor he was restricted in the demon world. He had reason to follow Sparda out in the human world where he could have the freedom to carry on with his research.

I am also curious of where he would go after leaving Dante in the Limbo world. Would he now present himself to Dante when the time is right and offer his services? Or would he carry on with his research? What kind of research and inventions? (someone stop me)

Aisen66

phineas is old crazy you know i got his wife a japanese robot woman with me right now :smile:

Top Bottom