• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Return to its true roots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
this is merely an idea (a great one i think) but wouldn't it be great if the next DMC game (after the reboot) returned to its gothic roots (like DMC1) but kept the fast-paced gameplay? (like 3 n 4...maybe 4, 3 was better to me)

...hmmm something from 2 to add...Lucia? :confused:

aka958

Don't trust people
I like the gothic feeling of DMC1, if I wouldn't feel so alien about the controls I would've loved DMC1.

Fast-paced gameplay like DMC4 and DMC3? Hell yes.
Lucia added? Awesome, maybe it could be a continuation of what happens after DMC2.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
funny, that's when my guy shows up in the series...but yeah, Dante's long overdue for a true sequel...and another anniversary pack...

Bubbarocks07

I didn't like lucia. I loved dmc 2. I loved the wall running and everything about it. EXCEPT LAST BOSS and how far away the camera was at some parts of the game......OOps. But the gameplay was sweet. I liked hoe serious dante was. However my favorite in order would Be.. DMC 3, DMC1, DMC2 tied with DMC4. reason being is i didn't like nero. Nero was a dante wanna be. I didn't like the first half untill i played as dante. then i loved it

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think in it's own right 4 was a return to a lot of one's style with it's castle setting, retro enemies and Nero as a character felt very much like Dante in 1 only more extreme with his simple yet heavy duty fighting style and his personality. Thats why I loved it so much I guess but yeah it would be amazing to go back to it's roots but I am not going to act like I am not just saying that because I am a massive fanboy of DMC1.

I can't deny that rainstorm might just be the coolest and most stylish move I have ever seen in a game...like ever.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
this is merely an idea (a great one i think) but wouldn't it be great if the next DMC game (after the reboot) returned to its gothic roots (like DMC1) but kept the fast-paced gameplay? (like 3 n 4...maybe 4, 3 was better to me)

...hmmm something from 2 to add...Lucia? :confused:

You just made a list of all the things I wanted for a DMC sequel! I think no other DMC could bring the dark atmosphere from the first. They tried to rebuilt that in DMC 4, but it didn't felt the same way... fortuna castle wasn't dark and mysterious enough to make me feel the same way I did in the first game.
The new reboot seems dark-ish, but it also feels too urban... I want something more ancient and gothic just like Mallet Island was.
Also, among all the female characters in DMC, I like Lucia the most... her style and gameplay were pretty cool.

Nessy

I've not really seen much of DMC1 or 2, I have only played 4 and watched most of the cutscenes from 3.

Personally I don't think I'd mind if it's dark and mysterious or just in your face hollywood style cool, but what really does matter to me is that the gameplay is fun, fast and not too fiddly.

Of course I think that based on the trailer, any company that is going to change something like that probably isn't smart enough to make a game with good gameplay.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
You just made a list of all the things I wanted for a DMC sequel! I think no other DMC could bring the dark atmosphere from the first. They tried to rebuilt that in DMC 4, but it didn't felt the same way... fortuna castle wasn't dark and mysterious enough to make me feel the same way I did in the first game.
The new reboot seems dark-ish, but it also feels too urban... I want something more ancient and gothic just like Mallet Island was.
Also, among all the female characters in DMC, I like Lucia the most... her style and gameplay were pretty cool.
we may have to wait for another RE mishap for a DMC that dark again :D

I've not really seen much of DMC1 or 2, I have only played 4 and watched most of the cutscenes from 3.

Personally I don't think I'd mind if it's dark and mysterious or just in your face hollywood style cool, but what really does matter to me is that the gameplay is fun, fast and not too fiddly.

Of course I think that based on the trailer, any company that is going to change something like that probably isn't smart enough to make a game with good gameplay.
aw c'mon...2 i can forgive cuz its so far off n Dante's like Vergil but u haven't played the first? *draws Kir Royale* do I need to test my nu blade on thee?

personally i think the dark atmosphere back, 4 was a lil too...neutered...

ps. after playin Heavenly Sword i'm worried i'll get bored during the demo :(

aka958

Don't trust people
Darin Rosu, a little off topic but why the black text? You do know we have a dark grey background where the text is at? Kinda hard to read. <.<

Another RE mishap? But RE5 then! =O
XD

I be dissin', I know. <.<
But still, they do go for a darker look in the DmC reboot, but nowhere near the gothic feel of the first. It's more like just gritty and dark. <.<

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Darin Rosu, a little off topic but why the black text? You do know we have a dark grey background where the text is at? Kinda hard to read. <.<

Another RE mishap? But RE5 then! =O
XD

I be dissin', I know. <.<
But still, they do go for a darker look in the DmC reboot, but nowhere near the gothic feel of the first. It's more like just gritty and dark. <.<
wellll for one, i like the black but i'll switch back to red if it'll help the viewers...readers...u kno wut i mean :p

i meant a mishap like how the original was spawned RE4 + supernatural elements = DMC :D
least dats how i got the memo

lolz ikr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom