• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4

Gasoline Tank

"All of what you're seeing is... CUT!"-Michael Does Life

No word of lie. Believe me...

:whistle:

Can you guess what's been cut? Play it and find out. Or go watch the full game on anybody's YouTube channel.

Goldsickle

Started an RE4 thread just to rant about "cut content" like it's not a normal thing in remake.
If you don't miss what is gone, then you can enjoy the remake for what it is.

Goldsickle

Cut content in games is not really cool, though.
Stuff that are cut or altered are totally normal in ports or "remakes".

The whole "cut content is bad" comes from all those fools who thought the GameCube version of RE1 didn't cut a single thing and used that as a "golden standards" for "how all remakes should be".
Except that the GC port totally has its own cuts and the idea that "it did not cut anything" is just one big Mandela Effect.

So now that it's revealed that even the GC port of RE1 cuts stuff, the whole "cut content is bad" argument falls apart.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Started an RE4 thread just to rant about "cut content" like it's not a normal thing in remake.
If you don't miss what is gone, then you can enjoy the remake for what it is.
qft.

I've never played RE3make...nor the OG RE3. But I want to play the RE3make and am kinda excited that I won't be jaded by the "it's missing so much" mentality.

Plus for me, I have such a poor memory of a lot of things, while playing RE4make, I couldn't even remember if something was familiar or not. I never finished OG RE4, got midway through the castle and just stopped. I only really remember the opening town sequence and the water room. So RE4make is really like a new experience for me, I love it.

Gasoline Tank

Goldsickle, must you always be another russident? :D

In fact, Carlos was arguing with Mert on Biohaze and the posts got deleted. I forgot what they were talking about. I know Mert likes to defend RE6. I'm personally not daft on RE6, but I certainly prefer it over 7 and 8 any day of the week.

People are entitled to their opinions. Such as they may be. For example, I seen a guy on Fandom recently acting like these new additions to the franchise should just be accepted because it's new ideas. But like this dude had an opinion, I can say, nah bro. It's incredibly dumb.

I don't believe vampires and merchants should be in RE games, for example. For starters, buying your way through a horror game makes it feel less scary. That's obviously subjective, as some people find the games scary. Others don't. Others may just find there's a lot of fun to be had with the experience. Others couldn't care less, and just play them for views, donations, and whatnot. But it's not like Capcom or the rest of the gaming world could give a damn about what I think. You, too.

However, there's other reasons why I think the franchise is crappy now. It's because the plot doesn't make much sense any more, and again, that's just my views. I can say what I prefer, like, dislike, etc.

You could say I have beef with what they're doing. But I'm not trying to be a jerk. ;)

Top Bottom