• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4

Gasoline Tank

Me personally, I think RE4 is overrated. It's a very good action game, but I don't think it is all that scary much anymore. In fact, I don't even really like the gameplay much now either, as it feels very dated.

If they remake it, I hope Capcom realizes that we have to be able to move around and shoot. Of course, I am not expecting Capcom to even do a fantastic job after the disaster that was the RE3 reimagining.

In general though, I think RE4 is a cool game. But as a RE game overall and a mainline one at that, I don't really like it as one. I've never liked the fact that you buy items from some funny infected dude. To me, true survival horror was the isolation with the candlelit rooms and the stormy weather outside, as zombies groaned. And of course, you got the odd bit of help from a NPC. Here, it was too easy.

Now I don't want to say that zombies make the world go round and that you cannot have different enemies, but I just didn't really like the move towards you being all John Rambo towards Farmer Vincent's critters. Because with a Sylvester Stallone movie, you know the action is supposed to be ridiculous. But I just prefer the creepy side to RE, as opposed to being a wisecracking agent. And RE4 was like you were Rambo in Vietnam with all the gear you could muster up.

LOL.

Top Bottom