• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Redeeming DMC4 Dante with DMC5, an idea that Capcom lazily avoide

Slacri

Its a shame people hate DMC4 Dante. I just don't get what's to hate about him, it was a blast just seeing him have fun and be the opposite of Nero. They really contrast each other.

Tast is subjective, but like, there is such thing as a bad opionion. And it's not mine.

Agreeing with you here. He and Nero had some good chemistry and I even liked Nero, although he would have been greatly improved if he wasn't whining about KYRIEEEEE for half the game. His sincere moments with Nero I thought were well handled actually. They were never overdone and were nice brief moments. The funny thing is that outside of these forums, DMC4 Dante is a popular favorite whenever I see Devil May Cry come up. Maybe the popularity of DMC4 Dante to DmC is even reflected it their sales.

I'm seeing the whole "But he was never deep or complex as a character!", but he was never intended to be in 4. He was partially a parody and it matched well with the over the top tone of the game in general. And Dante has never been a deep character anyway, but at least I could find him entertaining.

I did not find DmC Dante interesting or entertaining. It doesn't help that the pacing for his character arc is so lazily done too.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Agreeing with you here. He and Nero had some good chemistry and I even liked Nero, although he would have been greatly improved if he wasn't whining about KYRIEEEEE for half the game. His sincere moments with Nero I thought were well handled actually. They were never overdone and were nice brief moments. The funny thing is that outside of these forums, DMC4 Dante is a popular favorite whenever I see Devil May Cry come up. Maybe the popularity of DMC4 Dante to DmC is even reflected it their sales.

I'm seeing the whole "But he was never deep or complex as a character!", but he was never intended to be in 4. He was partially a parody and it matched well with the over the top tone of the game in general. And Dante has never been a deep character anyway, but at least I could find him entertaining.

Then what was DMC1 and DMC3 when they tried to give him character development?

I can't just sit and play a game with a "use to be cool" protagonist who's now just a sh!t talking old man who acts like a seven year old. If that was the Dante that Capcom was going to continue on if DMC4 was successful, then at that point, I'd say Capcom has run out of character for Dante, and fans will pretty much take it as long as it has the name "Devil May Cry." (Except DmC, cause that Dante was still different from the others) I actually want a Dante WITH character, not sh!t to talk every time I see him.

Which is why I only consider DMC1, DMC3, and DmC actual Devil May Cry games while, 2,4,and the anime were just posers of the real things.

Slacri

Then what was DMC1 and DMC3 when they tried to give him character development?
Devil May Cry 1 was actually trying to do the serious thing but it honestly wasn't very good. Devil May Cry 3 dropped all pretense of seriousness in favor of the wacky cartoon Dante. He had character development, but it wasn't too major or deep and it was there to mostly provide context. DMC4 Dante didn't have it because he wasn't the main character. DmC tried to seriously develop Dante again and failed horribly, even worse than DMC1 because DMC1 was fairly minimal on the story too.
I can't just sit and play a game with a "use to be cool" protagonist who's now just a sh!t talking old man who acts like a seven year old. If that was the Dante that Capcom was going to continue on if DMC4 was successful, then at that point, I'd say Capcom has run out of character for Dante, and fans will pretty much take it as long as it has the name "Devil May Cry." (Except DmC, cause that Dante was still different from the others) I actually want a Dante WITH character, not sh!t to talk every time I see him.
I'm going to go on a limb and saying you're talking the games a bit too seriously, but opinions. It's not as if Dante has ever had much of a character. Even the much revered DMC1 Dante was fairly bland and when they wrote him with some more serious dialogue it was incredibly cringe worthy. DMC4 Dante never really acted like a child, I don't know where you got that from and you must know some truly unusual seven year olds. He just acted careless.

Honestly, all things considered DMC4 Dante is probably my favorite. It goes something along the lines of 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > DmC.
I'd rather have an fun and entertaining character to watch as I play my over the top action games rather than an unlikable edgy rebel teenager ( or someone who acts like a teenager even though he's 27 apparently ) jack off on screen for about 6 hours in a self indulgent mess.

DragonMaster2010

I'm going to go on a limb and saying you're talking the games a bit too seriously, but opinions. It's not as if Dante has ever had much of a character. Even the much revered DMC1 Dante was fairly bland and when they wrote him with some more serious dialogue it was incredibly cringe worthy. DMC4 Dante never really acted like a child, I don't know where you got that from and you must know some truly unusual seven year olds. He just acted careless.

DMC4 Dante was childish to me. But also pretty irresponsible. He could have ended that whole fortuna incident by himself, but instead Capcom mad him dissappear for half the game and puts him in as the person to retrace steps with while dealing with his childish antic talking instead of taking things seriously like he said he would in DMC3. Instead I get DMC3 Dante in an older mans body which isn't at all cool in my opinion.

Honestly, all things considered DMC4 Dante is probably my favorite. It goes something along the lines of 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > DmC.
I'd rather have an fun and entertaining character to watch as I play my over the top action games rather than an unlikable edgy rebel teenager ( or someone who acts like a teenager even though he's 27 apparently ) jack off on screen for about 6 hours in a self indulgent mess.

Who said DmC Dante's 27? He's 19. He acts as a nineteen year old should. And if you actually sat down and played the game from beginning to end and paid attention to the aesthetics of the game's story, you'd see Dante's character transition from the jerk off to the protector of Earth. But I guess that's hard to see of a character you don't like. Just as its hard for me to see that DMC4 Dante was supposedly a "good and fun" character as you say in your opinion.

Also I love how you call DmC Dante all this, yet DMC3 Dante acts almost exactly like new Dante except new Dante just talks better sh!t.

Slacri

Who said DmC Dante's 27? He's 19. He acts as a nineteen year old should.
Tameem said he was 15 years younger than him, Tameem was 42 at the time of the statement. He acts like a particularly obnoxious 19 year old.
And if you actually sat down and played the game from beginning to end and paid attention to the aesthetics of the game's story, you'd see Dante's character transition from the jerk off to the protector of Earth. But I guess that's hard to see of a character you don't like.
I did play the game and Dante's character transition is completely rushed and forced. In the first mission he's established to not care about anything, so much so that he even has lines like "I don't give a ****" ( nice subtle writing, Ninja Theory ) and then in the second mission or so he gets a flashback and suddenly cares about everything. It's paced horribly and now Dante is a nearly different character with the blink of an eye.

He never became likable at all for me, he just has some "I must protect da humans, Vergil" thing ( even though humanity is likely dead due to the Armageddon they unleashed ) and some vague backstory about being raised by demons in an orphanage or something. His flashback sequences seem right at home in a Linkin Park video.

Also I love how you call DmC Dante all this, yet DMC3 Dante acts almost exactly like new Dante except new Dante just talks better sh!t.
Except he doesn't act like DMC3 Dante much at all. If not for the name I would have trouble recognizing him to be honest. I guess I must have missed the secret DMC3 cutscene where Dante goes clubbing drinking 666 Vodka ( Ninja Theory's subtle writing at work again ) and then proceeded to have a threesome with some strippers he brought home. Or the secret art gallery that showed Dante quite literally tearing his own heart out to see if he had a heart or some nonsense.

OiTDHrE.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Tameem said he was 15 years younger than him, Tameem was 42 at the time of the statement. He acts like a particularly obnoxious 19 year old. I did play the game and Dante's character transition is completely rushed and forced. In the first mission he's established to not care about anything, so much so that he even has lines like "I don't give a ****" ( nice subtle writing, Ninja Theory ) and then in the second mission or so he gets a flashback and suddenly cares about everything. It's paced horribly and now Dante is a nearly different character with the blink of an eye.

Again, pay attention to asthetics of the game and you'd see better. Tameen didn't say he was fifteen years younger then him, he said that Dante was a decade younger then him in that interview.

He never became likable at all for me, he just has some "I must protect da humans, Vergil" thing ( even though humanity is likely dead due to the Armageddon they unleashed ) and some vague backstory about being raised by demons in an orphanage or something. His flashback sequences seem right at home in a Linkin Park video.

It's more then that, but like I said pay attention to its story.

Except he doesn't act like DMC3 Dante much at all. If not for the name I would have trouble recognizing him to be honest. I guess I must have missed the secret DMC3 cutscene where Dante goes clubbing drinking 666 Vodka ( Ninja Theory's subtle writing at work again ) and then proceeded to have a threesome with some strippers he brought home. Or the secret art gallery that showed Dante quite literally tearing his own heart out to see if he had a heart or some nonsense.

OiTDHrE.jpg

How can you not see DMC3 Dante in DmC Dante? Both love to party, both don't take life seriously, and both have issues.

The only difference is that DmC Dante actually matures from the "don't give a damn" attitude into a person who cares for humanity.

I can understand your dislike but even I can admit the pros of DMC4 Dante (whom I don't like).

Slacri

How can you not see DMC3 Dante in DmC Dante? Both love to party, both don't take life seriously, and both have issues.
DmC Dante was too cynical and often times in his attempts at comedy he just came off as a prick. DMC3 Dante owned a business, enjoyed pizza and a fun adventure. The funny thing about DMC3 Dante was he was a bit of a loser when it came to the ladies. DmC Dante lived in a trailer on Kony Island for some reason, got wasted with strippers every night and again was generally unlikable. The entire "wet chunks" scene highlights this, yes yes I know it was necessary or whatever you want to do to try and rationalize him taunting a guy full of grief asking why his son was killed. It came off as cynical and just dark and it's not something I would ever really see DMC3 Dante doing.

This is really an issue with Ninja Theory's writing that even Alex Garland who worked with them on Enslaved commented on. They tend to make their characters act "cool" by making them act like uncaring pricks.

The only difference is that DmC Dante actually matures from the "don't give a damn" attitude into a person who cares for humanity.
DMC3 Dante had a similar change except it wasn't done in the space of two minutes and he was never cynical and jaded enough to say "What makes you think I give a ****?" when he was told that he could save humanity. And I'd just like to add that for a Devil, Dante never seemed to actually cry in DmC. Kind of mission the point of the name a bit.

Onecrazymonkey1

The entire "wet chunks" scene highlights this, yes yes I know it was necessary or whatever you want to do to try and rationalize him taunting a guy full of grief asking why his son was killed. It came off as cynical and just dark and it's not something I would ever really see DMC3 Dante doing.

You mean the demon king of hell feeding off of human souls and grieving about the child from the omen? I honestly doubt he cared that much about his kid, he was probably more ****ed that someone defied him. He sure didn't have any sympathy for Dante's family when he ate his mother's heart out.

Slacri

It's justifiable somehow, I'm sure. I never said it wasn't, I'm saying "Watching your child explode into little wet chunks" came off as jaded and cynical and set a sour tone, something previous incarnations of Dante would not be depicted as other than 2.

Onecrazymonkey1

It's justifiable somehow, I'm sure. I never said it wasn't, I'm saying "Watching your child explode into little wet chunks" came off as jaded and cynical and set a sour tone, something previous incarnations of Dante would not be depicted as other than 2.

Fair enough! I wasn't attacking you so I hope you don't feel that way. I just sympathize with DmC Dante.

DragonMaster2010

DmC Dante was too cynical and often times in his attempts at comedy he just came off as a prick. DMC3 Dante owned a business, enjoyed pizza and a fun adventure. The funny thing about DMC3 Dante was he was a bit of a loser when it came to the ladies. DmC Dante lived in a trailer on Kony Island for some reason, got wasted with strippers every night and again was generally unlikable. The entire "wet chunks" scene highlights this, yes yes I know it was necessary or whatever you want to do to try and rationalize him taunting a guy full of grief asking why his son was killed. It came off as cynical and just dark and it's not something I would ever really see DMC3 Dante doing.

So you have to own a business, eat pizza, and go on adventures to get laid?

Bullshit. You don't have to be rich to get laid with a stripper from a club. And DMC3 Dante has said some things that DmC Dante would say. I know no one wants to count it, but the DMC3 manga was pretty much prototype DmC, and the manga Dante raped Alice, drank beer in the English version, replied to a demon "And I wish I had a smaller dick, but we all can't get what we want." and has done it with strippers too.

This is really an issue with Ninja Theory's writing that even Alex Garland who worked with them on Enslaved commented on. They tend to make their characters act "cool" by making them act like uncaring pricks.

So Trip was a prick? Pigsy was a prick as well? Of course not. Now I've only played Enslaved and DmC for NT's games, and the only reason Monkey was an ass to Trip was because Trip held Monkey against his will with the slave headband and if she died he died too. That tends to **** guys off when they're being held against their will and has to do what their over seer says.

DMC3 Dante had a similar change except it wasn't done in the space of two minutes and he was never cynical and jaded enough to say "What makes you think I give a ****?" when he was told that he could save humanity. And I'd just like to add that for a Devil, Dante never seemed to actually cry in DmC. Kind of mission the point of the name a bit.

It's called Devil MAY cry, not Devil will cry.

So Dante in DMC is allowed to;
-Point guns at girls (Lady, Lucia, Trish)
-Shot a woman in the stomach (Nervan)
-Talk about his d!ck going into a vagina (DMC4)
-kicking babies (DMC4 Echidna boss)
-Calling the warden of a jail a pudgy f*ck. (DMC anime)

I love how you're allowed to make exscuses for the original Dante, but as soon as I give an exsuse for DmC Dante, you wanna constantly prove me wrong on it. I know its a forum, but really, when an answer is right there, you ignore it and poke at other things in that instead of looking at the answer straight up.

Onecrazymonkey1

"In the manga Dante raped alice"......wait wut? I didn't read the manga so can someone explain this to me? did I read that right? he raped.....someone? :ermm::|:/:(

Slacri

Bullshit. You don't have to be rich to get laid with a stripper from a club. And DMC3 Dante has said some things that DmC Dante would say. I know no one wants to count it, but the DMC3 manga was pretty much prototype DmC, and the manga Dante raped Alice, drank beer in the English version, replied to a demon "And I wish I had a smaller ****, but we all can't get what we want." and has done it with strippers too.
The manga is not the game and I'm not even sure if it's canon.
So Trip was a prick?
He would have been if Ninja Theory had their way. Alex Garland commented it on it in an interview.
http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two/
"I guess if I were to make a criticism it would relate to character and consistency. Making sure characters are true to themselves, and true to some kind of larger truth, which relates to the recipients of the narrative. That is to say, the player. Us. For example, I think the first serious discussion we had about the narrative was on the very first day that I, Tameem and the level designers all sat down together. We got to a section where Monkey was walking down a walkway, and he sees an escaping slave trying to pull himself up to the walkway. And instead of helping the guy up, Monkey kicked him in the face and sent him to his death. They thought that projected the idea that Monkey was a badass. Whereas, to me, it projected the idea that Monkey was a bit of a ****."

It's called Devil MAY cry, not Devil will cry.
You've missed the point. I actually think DmC is the first DMC where a main devil character didn't cry.

So Dante in DMC is allowed to;
-Point guns at girls (Lady, Lucia, Trish)
Why is pointing a gun girl that can quite clearly handle herself bad? It's not portrayed in a cynical fashion at all and his fight with Lady is done in a slow-motion over the top cheese fest. Same thing with Trish.
-Shot a woman in the stomach (Nervan)
It's not particularly about the actions it's in the tone that they're portrayed in. Shooting Nevan in the stomach didn't even hurt her, it was more of a slap in the wrist because she tries to bite him and it's quite clearly portrayed as that. Similarly, Mundus is in grief and asks why Dante killed his child, and then Dante replies back "Watching your child explode into little wet chunks, priceless." If you don't see how that's clearly a much darker scene then I don't know what to say.
-Talk about his d!ck going into a vagina (DMC4)
How is this cynical or dark? In fact after the scene he has a comedic moment with a rose in his mouth.
-kicking babies (DMC4 Echidna boss)
He kicks eggs first of all, they didn't die they just hit Echidna in the face. And Echidna didn't seem to be too full of grief when Dante did it, just annoyed. And the entire sequence has Dante doing over the top stunts with action like music in the background. You're not getting the point that it's the tone of the scene and how he's portrayed. Even at the end of the fight when Echidna does care it's not nearly as harshly portrayed as it was in DmC. Where a pregnant woman is shot in the stomach, the entire scene is gray and serious music plays. The camera zooms in for a shot of her horrified reaction that there is now a bloody hole in her stomach. She cries for a moment before being executed by Vergil. Echidna is never portrayed as anything remotely human and instead as some medusa snake monster.

-Calling the warden of a jail a pudgy f*ck. (DMC anime)
We're talking about the games here, I think that anime Dante was notably different from the other Dantes as well.

I love how you're allowed to make exscuses for the original Dante, but as soon as I give an exsuse for DmC Dante, you wanna constantly prove me wrong on it. I know its a forum, but really, when an answer is right there, you ignore it and poke at other things in that instead of looking at the answer straight up.
Well yes, that's kind of how an argument works. You provide an example, and I provide a counter example. I don't even know what you're trying to say in the last part of your post. I think DmC Dante was too cynical and sour in comparison to previous Dantes. How have my posts ignored this statement at all? It's an issue I have with Ninja Theory's writing, and I've even seen Alex Garland a writer who works with them bring up the same issue.

DragonMaster2010

The manga is not the game and I'm not even sure if it's canon.

No. Fans don't want it to be canon.

He would have been if Ninja Theory had their way. Alex Garland commented it on it in an interview.
http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two/
"I guess if I were to make a criticism it would relate to character and consistency. Making sure characters are true to themselves, and true to some kind of larger truth, which relates to the recipients of the narrative. That is to say, the player. Us. For example, I think the first serious discussion we had about the narrative was on the very first day that I, Tameem and the level designers all sat down together. We got to a section where Monkey was walking down a walkway, and he sees an escaping slave trying to pull himself up to the walkway. And instead of helping the guy up, Monkey kicked him in the face and sent him to his death. They thought that projected the idea that Monkey was a badass. Whereas, to me, it projected the idea that Monkey was a bit of a ****."

Ok. That one instance was Monkey being a dick, but since it's not put in, It answers itself that Monkey's still not a d*ck in the actual game.

You've missed the point. I actually think DmC is the first DMC where a main devil character didn't cry.

DMC2 and DMC4. Dante didn't cry. Sure others did, but this is Dante's game. And just because Dante didn't cry in DmC, doesn't mean he had no emotions of sadness, thus I reitterate; It's called Devil MAY Cry, not Devil will cry.

Why is pointing a gun girl that can quite clearly handle herself bad? It's not portrayed in a cynical fashion at all and his fight with Lady is done in a slow-motion over the top cheese fest. Same thing with Trish.

So Dante had to be an ass and point a gun at a woman even though this DMC3 Dante's not supose to be so "cynical" as you're saying? Being a bit hypocritical there.

It's not particularly about the actions it's in the tone that they're portrayed in. Shooting Nevan in the stomach didn't even hurt her, it was more of a slap in the wrist because she tries to bite him and it's quite clearly portrayed as that. Similarly, Mundus is in grief and asks why Dante killed his child, and then Dante replies back "Watching your child explode into little wet chunks, priceless." If you don't see how that's clearly a much darker scene then I don't know what to say.

You really thought Dante ment that for real? That was so that he could get Mundus mad so he could get away from his hellgate. Dante didn't want it to come to that, but he had no choice. And you never said how the tone had to be. You said
Isomething previous incarnations of Dante would not be depicted as other than 2.
But yet when i bring up Nevan in general, it's not the same. What's up with that?

How is this cynical or dark? In fact after the scene he has a comedic moment with a rose in his mouth.

Either way he's talking about his dick. From what I'm getting from you, if new Dante did that, it would be wrong, but when DMC4 Dante does it, it's a-ok.

He kicks eggs first of all, they didn't die they just hit Echidna in the face. And Echidna didn't seem to be too full of grief when Dante did it, just annoyed. And the entire sequence has Dante doing over the top stunts with action like music in the background. You're not getting the point that it's the tone of the scene and how he's portrayed. Even at the end of the fight when Echidna does care it's not nearly as harshly portrayed as it was in DmC. Where a pregnant woman is shot in the stomach, the entire scene is gray and serious music plays. The camera zooms in for a shot of her horrified reaction that there is now a bloody hole in her stomach. She cries for a moment before being executed by Vergil. Echidna is never portrayed as anything remotely human and instead as some medusa snake monster.

And Lilith was a demon. Its the same thing no matter the tone. You're own explanation is clashing with what's being proven and you're not taking it. Either way Dante was doing assault to babies even if they were demon. Who kicks babies? Apparently DMC4 Dante does. And the reason Lilith cried (If you paid attention to the story) was because she was no longer of any use to Mundus and as such was going to be thrown away. She lost her chance at power. But Echidna was actually mourning the loss of her life and her forest and her children. Then Dante shoots her with no care in the world saying "that look suits you better".

We're talking about the games here, I think that anime Dante was notably different from the other Dantes as well.

Oh no. Don't use that excuse. A Dante is a Dante and the anime Dante was canonically after DMC1, and that Dante said "f*ck" something people say Dante would never say.

Well yes, that's kind of how an argument works. You provide an example, and I provide a counter example. I don't even know what you're trying to say in the last part of your post. I think DmC Dante was too cynical and sour in comparison to previous Dantes. How have my posts ignored this statement at all? It's an issue I have with Ninja Theory's writing, and I've even seen Alex Garland a writer who works with them bring up the same issue.

however you wanna see it, but I see it as a one sided argument.

Slacri

Ok. That one instance was Monkey being a ****, but since it's not put in, It answers itself that Monkey's still not a d*ck in the actual game.
That wasn't my point. My point was the fault in Ninja Theory's writing.
DMC2 and DMC4. Dante didn't cry. Sure others did, but this is Dante's game. And just because Dante didn't cry in
Lucia did, and DMC2 also happens to be the worst of the franchise. DMC4 Dante wasn't the main character. Nero was.
So Dante had to be an ass and point a gun at a woman even though this DMC3 Dante's not supose to be so "cynical" as you're saying? Being a bit hypocritical there.
And you're grasping at straws, incredibly so. I don't see how it's difficult to see the obvious tonal different between him pointing a gun at a woman armed with a rocket launcher and multiple weapons of her own and DmC's characterization.
You really thought Dante ment that for real? That was so that he could get Mundus mad so he could get away from his hellgate. Dante didn't want it to come to that, but he had no choice. And you never said how the tone had to be. You said
I get the feeling you're not reading my posts anymore or you're just ignoring what I'm saying here. I'm not saying it was without purpose or unjustified. I'm saying it set a cynical and jaded tone.
But yet when i bring up Nevan in general, it's not the same. What's up with that?
I've already explained why. It's not depicted in the same way at all and you know it. You're grasping really hard here.
Either way he's talking about his ****. From what I'm getting from you, if new Dante did that, it would be wrong, but when DMC4 Dante does it, it's a-ok.
So how is a sex joke cynical? And it's done in a very over the top manner befitting of the tone. Now you're just making up hypothetical situations to try to make it seem like I said things I never said.
And Lilith was a demon. Its the same thing no matter the tone. You're own explanation is clashing with what's being proven and you're not taking it. Either way Dante was doing assault to babies even if they were demon. Who kicks babies? Apparently DMC4 Dante does. And the reason Lilith cried (If you paid attention to the story) was because she was no longer of any use to Mundus and as such was going to be thrown away. She lost her chance at power. But Echidna was actually mourning the loss of her life and her forest and her children. Then Dante shoots her with no care in the world saying "that look suits you better".
Am I talking to a wall here? Tone entirely matters in this kind of thing. Killing a bunch of people in a Duke Nukem game is not the same thing as killing a bunch of people in Spec Ops: The Line because it's presented entirely different and in a different tone.
Oh no. Don't use that excuse. A Dante is a Dante and the anime Dante was canonically after DMC1, and that Dante said "f*ck" something people say Dante would never say.
Why not? We're talking about the games, specifically 3 and 4 compared to DmC not the anime regardless of canon. I didn't particularly like the anime either.
however you wanna see it, but I see it as a one sided argument.
I see it as you desperately grasping at straws and not understanding that tone is very important in storytelling.

Also, is this a bug on the site or are you putting your own responses in the quote?

DragonMaster2010

That wasn't my point. My point was the fault in Ninja Theory's writing.

No. You pointed out Monkey being a d*ck and I gave a answer to it. Plus the writing of NT can be opinionated. I think they're the few western directors who can actually make an interesting story.

Lucia did, and DMC2 also happens to be the worst of the franchise. DMC4 Dante wasn't the main character. Nero was.

So? I think we all know who was the one who was suppose to shine. But he didn't cry so that pretty much sums it all up. Lucia may have cried, but Dante didn't. Funny because his shop is called Devil may Cry, and he only cried two times in two games that were lazily made. (DMC2 and 4)

And you're grasping at straws, incredibly so. I don't see how it's difficult to see the obvious tonal different between him pointing a gun at a woman armed with a rocket launcher and multiple weapons of her own and DmC's characterization.

Lilith was a demon. She could've fought back since she was a demon. Even so Dante pointing his guns at Lady was still un-Dante like. Why didn't Dante just not point his guns at her since he's not gonna die anyway?

I get the feeling you're not reading my posts anymore or you're just ignoring what I'm saying here. I'm not saying it was without purpose or unjustified. I'm saying it set a cynical and jaded tone.

Again, it was to get him mad to get him away from his hellgate. Dante didn't want to do it, but it needed to be done in order to distract Mundus. It had purpose, you just chose not to see it.

I've already explained why. It's not depicted in the same way at all and you know it. You're grasping really hard here.

But it's still in general a demon woman gets shot in the stomach. Point simple. But people want to make up an excuse for it because "It's DMC3".

So how is a sex joke cynical? And it's done in a very over the top manner befitting of the tone. Now you're just making up hypothetical situations to try to make it seem like I said things I never said.

So if new Dante said that first, you wouldn't say a thing about it and let it go? yeah, okay.

Am I talking to a wall here? Tone entirely matters in this kind of thing. Killing a bunch of people in a Duke Nukem game is not the same thing as killing a bunch of people in Spec Ops: The Line because it's presented entirely different and in a different tone.

But it's still killing. And both were demons, both had babes, both Devil May Cry's had a demon mother killed mercilessly.

Why not? We're talking about the games, specifically 3 and 4 compared to DmC not the anime regardless of canon. I didn't particularly like the anime either.

Whether you like it or not, it's still part of the series and as such, is still Dante. He said "f*ck" in the anime, thus contradicting that Dante would never say that but no one wants to bring that up.

I see it as you desperately grasping at straws and not understanding that tone is very important in storytelling.

I'm not grasping straws. You just can't let go.

Also, is this a bug on the site or are you putting your own responses in the quote?

No. I'm just speaking what I think, and you seem to have a problem with it. If you want, we can end this now if you can't handle the discussion.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
^^ I don't like to butt in but isn't DmC a hack'n'slash game ? i mean its not like silent hill which needs freaking A class writing

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It is a bad mix of slasher and platformer.
Platforming ? how much platforming do you think it has Like 30 % or 20% ??

Hmm DejaVu ? o_O i think we have a DmC 2 Coming with a more Mature and badass looking Dante like DMC 1's Dante ^_^ (at least i hope that's what they're going for i just can't take him say "Fu*k" every second)

Top Bottom