• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Recurring characters in DmC

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So, at the start of the trailer, this trailer here:
(credit to Angelo Credo for posting it on FB)
Right at the beginning someone says: "They're aware of you now, Dante, so stay low. Mundus doesn't know I exist so I'll remain hidden until we're ready to strike."

SO! Mundus is a given (mind, I didn't know you pronounce his name like that so at first I was like 'who?'), but who is this person talking to Dante? Is it in his head? Is it Vergil? Is it Sparda?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Unless there's another thread where everything has already been aired out about this. ^_^

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, we've been talking about it for a while. It's a definite possibility and with the already semi reliable info from our Anonimious from 4chan it seem a little bit like a possibility.

Personally I want more of Trish. Out of all the characters I think Trish is the least developed and I'd like to see more of her. This is wishfull thinking but I'd like to see Lady as an angel and Trish as a demon.

Gbraga

I think it's Vergil, the Demon Scum (lol) already calls Dante "Son of Sparda" in what will probably be really early in the game (he didn't ever have the grapple yet), so I don't think Mundus doesn't know Sparda exists, but it would make for an interesting plot that the villain doesn't know about the other Son of Sparda, the one that can strike them when they have their guard low because they're all focusing on Dante. Plus, Vergil being Dante's "mentor" would be faithful to Alighieri's book, and I don't think they would go with the Evil Twin plot once again.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Unless... Vergil is sending Dante out to do the drudge work while he waits to stab him in the back right before or soon after they defeat Mundus.

Also, I have a feeling Mundus knows. Guys like him always do. Vergil may be in for two rude 'awakenings'? (See what I did there.)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So far all we have is the sparda family and mundus making an appearance.

I would like to see a wide range of characters from the series make an appearance. Especially Grue and Nell from the first novel. Besides there aren't that many actual characters so you could have a lot of them appearing.

You can have a lot of blink and miss it cameos.

EX-
-You have the terrorists who Dante is accused of being with which can be made up of various members so you can work various of the background members from the anime and spinoff manga/novels into that group.
- You have both angel and demon characters so you can sneak a reference to previous bosses by being grunts in their respective armies or npc's trying to gain Dante's trust.
- You also have human baddies working with either side and you could work in a arius or Sanctus reference.

Nero is the hardest character to bring in as his role was to be a Young Dante and a rookie which is redundant with Dante being reverted back to his youth. You could work in a reference of a half-breed baby being saved by Dante and his name was nero.

Outside of that, I feel it would be great if you reinvent Nero and remove all ties to him being related to Sparda. Making him sparda's third kid or one of sparda's nieces or nephews make him feel redundant.

But it would be interesting to see him as a regular guy who finds out he is a half-breed demon and has to deal with the change. A regular demon not Sparda and making it so he is trapped in his demon form and cant look human is a good character arc. Making it so he is a regular guy who is trying to deal with all this might make him stand out or endure him to the player.

Like this guy- http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Eddie_Hope

I rather see lady as a regular human as it makes her feel more special to me. Trish could be a demon and Lucia is an angel or vice versa.

Beryl could be another hunter and patty or Kyrie could witches.

I got other ideas so if anyone wants me to elaborate I can.

What i want them to avoid is creating a new character that just fullfills a role an old character could do. See my post about morrisons role being filled by Enzo.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Yeah, we've been talking about it for a while. It's a definite possibility and with the already semi reliable info from our Anonimious from 4chan it seem a little bit like a possibility.

Personally I want more of Trish. Out of all the characters I think Trish is the least developed and I'd like to see more of her. This is wishfull thinking but I'd like to see Lady as an angel and Trish as a demon.
You don't call them Anonymous, Anonymous is legion, You call them Anons. Can somepony besides me get their facts right!?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
So far all we have is the sparda family and mundus making an appearance.

I would like to see a wide range of characters from the series make an appearance. Especially Grue and Nell from the first novel. Besides there aren't that many actual characters so you could have a lot of them appearing.

You can have a lot of blink and miss it cameos.

EX-
-You have the terrorists who Dante is accused of being with which can be made up of various members so you can work various of the background members from the anime and spinoff manga/novels into that group.
- You have both angel and demon characters so you can sneak a reference to previous bosses by being grunts in their respective armies or npc's trying to gain Dante's trust.
- You also have human baddies working with either side and you could work in a arius or Sanctus reference.

Nero is the hardest character to bring in as his role was to be a Young Dante and a rookie which is redundant with Dante being reverted back to his youth. You could work in a reference of a half-breed baby being saved by Dante and his name was nero.

Outside of that, I feel it would be great if you reinvent Nero and remove all ties to him being related to Sparda. Making him sparda's third kid or one of sparda's nieces or nephews make him feel redundant.

But it would be interesting to see him as a regular guy who finds out he is a half-breed demon and has to deal with the change. A regular demon not Sparda and making it so he is trapped in his demon form and cant look human is a good character arc. Making it so he is a regular guy who is trying to deal with all this might make him stand out or endure him to the player.

Like this guy- http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Eddie_Hope

I rather see lady as a regular human as it makes her feel more special to me. Trish could be a demon and Lucia is an angel or vice versa.

Beryl could be another hunter and patty or Kyrie could witches.

I got other ideas so if anyone wants me to elaborate I can.

What i want them to avoid is creating a new character that just fullfills a role an old character could do. See my post about morrisons role being filled by Enzo.

Your ideas for Nero are very interesting.

Lucia's only real charicterization was her self-hatred after discovering that she was a demon made by Arius she has to be a demon and hate herself for to be the same charicter (a self hating angel seems very unlikely). Trish could be an angel as long as she looks like Eva and starts as Dante's enemy. Lady definitely needs to stay human.

Beryl should be included she was an interesting charicter.

Patty's role was to annoy Dante and provide comic relief and Kyrie's role was to provide emotional support and motivation to Nero. Putting them in combat roles wouldn't fit the charicters. The appropriate role for them would be to to stay at the group's base and take care of the injured. It isn't as cool a role but it is still very important.

If you have other ideas I would be interested in hearing about them.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
well if you look at the interview on the home page, when asked if Trish or Lady are in the DmC game the said "no comment" then double checked with someone else off camera to confirm, i know im clutching at straws buuuuut id really like to see Lady and Trish in in DmC. Further more im pretty sure capcom came out a while ago and confirmed that Nero was the SON OF VERGIL :O (btw if im feel free to call me out on that one) but if it is explored it could prove interesting, if Vergil thinks he looses his son and girl friend/wife in DmC because of demons or people mistaking HIM for Dante and attacking them, THAT could be what drives him to hate humanity for being weak and made him want more power in DMC3. Either way i think that those characters are too good not to include in the DmC game. especially Vergil and nero. though i agree with @Z218 that it may be more useful to come up with a new nero who isnt related to sparda in any way.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope Vergil's look is the opposite of Dante's if he's in this game. Like Mugen from Samurai Champloo and Afro from Afro samurai.

Mugen

Afro

Dante47

Dante in this game is more abrasive, but pretty much the same. I want Vergil the same way, take his normal and cold attitude and make him slightly more abrasive. Also, I hope they don't change Yamato, as long as its a Katana I'll be okay with it.

788Masri

Dante in this game is more abrasive, but pretty much the same. I want Vergil the same way, take his normal and cold attitude and make him slightly more abrasive. Also, I hope they don't change Yamato, as long as its a Katana I'll be okay with it.

i dont think you need to worry about that, you are basically right that fundamentally Dante's personality isnt that much more different than he was in DMC3 (if more blunt and less charismatic but that comes with age). my point being if vergil DOES come up in DmC he'll probably be cynicle and reserved (or he'll be the opposite and they'll have an arc which turns him into the Vergil we all know so well. As for Yammato give NT SOME credit Rebellion is still in the same basic SHAPE as it was so i think Yammato is safe :lol:

Dante47

As long as its a Katana, I'll be fine! I also just thought that since Dante is still so much like Dante I thought Vergil could still be similar to his older adaptions. Lets hope for him to turn into Nelo Angelo by the end, and then become the villain for DmC 2 (if it happens).

788Masri

As long as its a Katana, I'll be fine! I also just thought that since Dante is still so much like Dante I thought Vergil could still be similar to his older adaptions. Lets hope for him to turn into Nelo Angelo by the end, and then become the villain for DmC 2 (if it happens).

Well THAT depends on how well this turns out to be which so far looks like itll be pretty awesome (well i hope so)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope they make Yamato a fusion of a rapier and a katana.
therionarms_s019.jpg

The hand guard and guard of a rapier, the handle of a katana, and the blade be black maybe to show off it's demonic tendencys.

or maybe a sword like Juzo from samurai sentai shinkenger. Sparda's degected son knows what I mean.;)
Juzo_Fuwa.jpg

Jane Sweetbee

Trish is impossible to exist in Dante's early years.

Top Bottom