• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Recommendations for 360?

Osaka

trollololol
Since I've recently re-brought one I'm looking for recommendations of great games and hidden gems please. Obviously played DMC4 when it came out and also Mass effect, and I've got Bayonetta and FF13. I like stuff like RPGS, action / adventure, strategy, hack 'n' slash.

Also I can't remember if 360's play old xbox games. Does it? And if yes, mention afew games I should look into.

aka958

Don't trust people
Well... one of the best RPG's I've played is Enchanted Arms for the 360.
It's narrow and not big and free, more like FFX but it's battle system is awesome, it's story, music, characters, and the golems are too. ^_^

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is for you if you want a huge open RPG world set in a more medieval fantasy world.

Fallout 3 is a good RPG too, like Oblivion with guns. XD

Give me more time and I can suggest more, those are what came in my mind, except DMC4 and FFXIII which you already knew about.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Yes...an Xbox 360 will play SOME Xbox Games. They should have a list of compatible games on xbox.com, although I looked recently and couldn't find one. But I know most of my older xbox games work on there. There are few titles I have that were apparently so unnoticed, they didn't get transfered though (Time Splitters Future Perfect, Gungriffon Allied Strike, Prince of Persia Warrior Within...sadly enough, SNK vs Capcom doesn't work either T_T)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Osaka;255770 said:
Since I've recently re-brought one I'm looking for recommendations of great games and hidden gems please. Obviously played DMC4 when it came out and also Mass effect, and I've got Bayonetta and FF13. I like stuff like RPGS, action / adventure, strategy, hack 'n' slash.

Also I can't remember if 360's play old xbox games. Does it? And if yes, mention afew games I should look into.

RPG

Tales of Vesperia
Eternal Sonata

Action RPG

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3
Fable II

Action Adventure

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Red Dead Redemption
Overlord
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Hack 'n' Slash

Devil May Cry 4

There are still more other games that I will recommend, but this should be enough for now.

You can go meg127's link to check which XBox games are compatible with Xbox 360, or you can go to an alternate link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Osaka

trollololol
Thanks for the recommendations, guys. :) I'll check 'em out later when I've got time.

That backwards compatible list has more than I thought it would but what does
A software emulator is required for each original Xbox game you play on your Xbox 360™ console.
mean? Don't tell me I've got to hook up to Live cause I'm not on a mainline for the net.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Osaka;255866 said:
Don't tell me I've got to hook up to Live cause I'm not on a mainline for the net.

You can burn a CD with the update on it on a PC and put it in your 360 and it will read it and perform the update. Thats how i did mine before i got Live on it.

Another RPG you may like as you mentioned FFXIII is Lost Odyssey. Id also recommend Dragon Age Origins (as you seem to like Bioware games with Mass Effect too). Also as Chaos Master said Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Red Dead Redemption & Batman: Arkham Asylum. I will recommend more if you require it.

Top Bottom