• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rebellion and Yamato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
OK...Yamato was one of Spardas swords as was Force Edge, was Rebellion one of Spardas swords as well? It transforms when Dante awakens so it must have some sort of power, where did Rebellion come from?

Also was Nelo Angelos sword the "true form" of Yamato? like Sparda was to Force Edge? or did Mundus give it to him after Vergil became his slave?? In DMC3 when you are playing as Nelo Angelo Yamato becomes the big sword, is this just a coincidence?

The handle to the Nelo Angelo sword always seemed to be a bit thin to me, is this why?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
First off, Nelo Angelo's sword is not Yamato. In DMC1 it said it had the power and will to destroy darkness or something like that so it would have probably broke before being corrupted like that.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah that sword shouldn't be Yamato. After all whether Corrupt Vergil holds Yamato or Force Edge when he transforms he still only has that one big sword.

Rebellion is a weapon Sparda used like Yamato, it's just that they had not think of it at DMC1 and that's why LDK did not have it I suppose.

Chrysander

It is strange that in DMC3 when you are Nelo Angelo, the icon for his sword is the same as the Yamato. I assumed that they chose not to make a new icon for Nelo Angelo's sword, and just kept it the same as the Yamato. I don't think it's meant to be the same sword. It's also weird that they allowed Nelo Angelo to use Beowulf - why not let him also use Yamato, and just have his standard sword (whatever that's called?) replace the Force Edge.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Tony_Redgrave;52595 said:
Yeah that sword shouldn't be Yamato. After all whether Corrupt Vergil holds Yamato or Force Edge when he transforms he still only has that one big sword.

Rebellion is a weapon Sparda used like Yamato, it's just that they had not think of it at DMC1 and that's why LDK did not have it I suppose.

Is there any kind of official story about Dante and Vergils life before DMC3 and how they got these swords or is it just theories. I remember someone saying something once about some sort of Anime about Vergils first awakening in a...graveyard?.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
There is the manga but they already have the swords. The only thing is that each one admits that the sword the other one uses fits him quite nicely.

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
first off, i think it's possible that yamato and nelo's sword could be the same one, it might be just a transformed state like rebellion and force edge. makes sense to me. sure in dmc it said it could cut through darkness, but remember it's innate element IS darkness, right?

second, yes in the manga vergil first used yamato in a graveyard to fend off some demons when they attacked his home as a kid. it never went into detail as to where he found it though. same for dante. apparantly, he had it since at least a few years before dmc3 began. never said or hinted when he got it or started using

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
well that sparda hid it in a place that he'd be able to leave and his sons would be abl to find, maybe he even knew they'd even fight over them too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom