• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoshi

bobek388;276426 said:
Seriously these sons of a bi***** should get killed. They can suck my d***, fuc**** t****.
Gay theory was always crap and will be, Crapcom is crap now

This ...I lol'ed so much.:lol:. Way to go mate.

I don't think bashing old dante was required. But after a bad response to a 'creation' - any 'creator' would be mad.

Zato-OW

King
Wow, how are they gonna bash the old Dante on how he looks then try and say the New Dante looks "cooler" ARE THEY SERIOUS???!!

Meg

Sounds to me like the guy over at Ninja Theory thinks that "cool" is what MTV says it is. One of those people. :rolleyes:

The thing about Dante that, to me, made him cool and the series as a whole, was how campy and fun it was. I never felt like the games took themselves to seriously. I mean a bit in 4, but it wasn't as up its own butt as say Final Fantasy.

Chrysander

can I point something out? The guy's point is that when DMC1 came out, Dante's look was cool - and now it isn't. Then he says about going into a bar. Fact - if DMC1 dante had gone into a bar in 2001, I think he'd have been laughed at anyway! Dante's costumes have always been outrageous and not about normal fashion. This whole line of defense is insane.

Fear-In-Your-Eyes

He only thinks that Dante's new look is "cool" because his look as actually based on himself.

How pretentious, vain and egotistical can you get?

Vampi

OMFG! I can't believe he just said that stuff. He's even off on when DMC 1 release. You would think they would do their homework before spewing this garbage to gaming sites.

He said if Dante walked into a bar in Tokyo he would get laughed at. Has he been to Japan? All the young people there dress weird and eccentric. The Japanese would welcome him with open arms more rather then shun him.

And he called Bayonetta uncool? Yeah, Bayo is uncool in a way. But she's cool in the fighting style that she does. Besides, when Kamiya made Bayo he didn't set her out to be cool. He set her out to be sexy. I can't believe he just talked bad about Kamiya's game. Kamiya who is the creator of Dante and is the epitome of coolness.

And DMC isn't meant to be make a cultural statement. It has its own unique style. There's alot of variables of cool, and DMC had its own style. Making it conform to the ideals of today is a bad move. I guess in the next DMC game Dante will be a Rapper with gold teeth and wearing Durags

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
heatlancer;276402 said:
most video game characters would get laughed at walking in a bar today

True. Bayonetta for instance. :p But hey, he did say she wasn't cool either.

Yeah old Dante might get laughed at and wouldn't care. I certainly prefer that to new Dante who is already getting laughed at, but looks like he'd just go into a total rage about it.

Ironically, their attempt to make Dante 'cooler' because the Dante of a decade ago wasn't cool enough is just making me think of those old tobacco ads from the 90s.

aoshi

meg127;276442 said:
Sounds to me like the guy over at Ninja Theory thinks that "cool" is what MTV says it is. One of those people. :rolleyes:

Dear god :( I don't wanna see a hip or metal dante. I know he is a rebel but a rebel with a lot of cultural values, damn it he went through a tower of hell(temen-ni-gru) to save his father's work though he hates his father.

I really don't know if ninja theory understand such things besides dante being shirtless.

They better get gameplay good cuz that's where i might spare them.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Fear-In-Your-Eyes;276427 said:
If i ever win the Lottery, I'd help you buy out Ninja Theory.

That would be for the best...althought anyone from this site would do than the vain and stupid Antoniades.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
aoshi;276470 said:
They better get gameplay good cuz that's where i might spare them.

Is NT known for good gameplay? I've never bought any of their games since I hadn't even heard of the guys before now, but the reviews I've been reading lately don't seem to think so.

aoshi

^ Apparently capcom themselves found ninja theory's work in "heavenly sword" to be good and approached them.I myself would need to check it out if capcom have been impressed with this game.Hope they are right.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
@ kittn : They made Heavenly Sword and now they are finishing Enslaved.Yup...they are fairly young in the game industry.

Railazel

I don't know anything about this whole "westernization" bit, but I'm up for change. I've sort of grown over the original Dante, seeing as how they had four different personalities for the dude, one of which is never really explained. However, the original Dante was cool, and I loved his attitude as much as loved the fact that the dude was invincible. But, what I will say is that as much as I am up for change, I won't stand for just some random idea Ninja Theory thought up. I want them to continue the series, but not change its standards, this better stick to the original premises or else this wouldn't be DMC, it might as well be BMC (Bastards May Cry).

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
Fear-In-Your-Eyes;276457 said:
He only thinks that Dante's new look is "cool" because his look as actually based on himself.

How pretentious, vain and egotistical can you get?

DAMN RIGHT! :lol:

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
If this turns out terrible.
Capcom will find themselves in a bigger hole then they're already in.

They didn't need a reboot to make a grimmer, or darker game.
They easily could have made Dante keep the comedy, get more serious like DMC3-DMC1.
And made a sequel that would still appeal to wide audience.

I'll laugh when DmC fails, "to appeal" to the wider audience.

If Dante walked into the same bar I was in, I'd be on my knees, praising him.
Any who laugh would make themselves look like an idiot.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
This makes me incredibly mad. First of all, Dante was never really about dressing how everyone else did, he had his own unique style that I liked. Dante's overall attire in my opinion WAS cool because it wasn't like everything else. And I still don't get what this guy is talking about, DMC was never about reflecting current times, again it was it's own unique time and setting. DMC was about the crazy gameplay, the awesome blend of hard rock/metal and gothic music, and of course the atmosphere. They seem to be focusing on trivial and childish things such as how 'cool' a character looks. The more I read about this reboot, the less I like.

I will give it a chance, but if they mess up the gameplay then forget it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
“It’s about Dante being cool and making you feel cool when you’re playing it, and so the combat and the style system and everything is integral to that,
Has this guy even played a DMC game? I already felt pretty good kicking ass with Dante. Emo puffer is not going to give me the same vibe. I'm sorry but, no, stereotypes don't do it for me.

“If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he’d get laughed out.
If Dante, dressed as he is in DmC, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he'd get mugged, beaten and probably raped for looking like a [censored]. :D

I get what this guy is saying, but it's unnecessary to sling a few negative punches at old Dante to try make us like the new one. I mean really? I reckon when Hideki hears all these things about how Antoniades is promoting 'his' Dante, he's got to think to himself 'what a n00b'.

Fear-In-Your-Eyes;276519 said:
Actually, what would happen if the game does bomb?

What's the best and worse case scenario for DMC as a franchise then?

Worst case scenario - Capcom will deny this games existence just like DMC2. Because they're oh so clever.

Best case scenario - Hideki regroups with the former DMC cast and approach Capcom to tell them 'You guys fail, now shall I show you how it's done?'

^I would so love Hideki forever and ever if he did that :wub:

I don't mean to be all negative, because I am looking forward to this game, but really, dissing on our beloved Dante is not the way to win over a Dante fangirl's heart. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom