• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I totally agree with this statement -

“If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he’d get laughed out. What Devil May Cry did when it launched was it brought everything that was great about action cinema like the fashion, music — it was like a cultural melting pot — and I feel like now, for Devil May Cry to have that same impact, it needs to draw on new things. New music, new ways of cinematography, new fashion.”

Good point, but for me Dante just needs to look prettier than that thing we are presented with. :(

Fear-In-Your-Eyes

When he said the part about Dante being laughted at outside a bar, that would be amusingly true. But Dante really wouldn't care.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Yeah, and it's not like we're playing a game about Dante walking into bars are we......well he's apparantly smoking, so alcoholism may be next!

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
well if i see the new director of the game at the street,i laugh him actually and so to the new dante.Punk rock isn't so modern this days actually,i think they could found a better style at least.but anyway,what's done is done.at least make a good gameplay and don't talk about old dante anymore NT

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Actually if that new "Dante" thing walked into a bar he'd probably get laughed at too 'cuz he's a videogame character!!!! I think they will fall into the trap of making the game look like everything else that's out these days. I say more demons and huge swords, but cool and unique too.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
What are they trying to say. The new Dante and smoking IS COOL?!
If that is what westernization is, i'm ashamed to be here.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Vergil'sB*tch;276410 said:

I was just about to edit my post and say something about the smoking being "cool and trendy" that's just wrong isn't it! You got there before me. ^_^

Fear-In-Your-Eyes

The smoking thing is cheesy as hell in the trailer. Even more than old Dante's one-liners.

Is this how everyone else views America and the West? They all think we are smoking emo crackheads?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
^Probably
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels like that.
I'm starting to wonder what a new DMC would look like if Rockstar (GTA creators) got their hands on the series. I bet Dante wouldn't look like this

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
VB can you remember saying ages ago we'd go to Cambridge to the Ninja Theory offices and protest if they messed it up??? Whose with me?! We could protest they're making Western countries look like smoking, emo, crackheads! :D

Fear-In-Your-Eyes

Grand Theft May Cry? Awesome gun-crazy, sword-swinging over the top gameplay, now with the ability to steal cars?

Hmm... Either way, i just with Capcom gave it to anyone else besides Ninja Theory. ANYONE!

Fear-In-Your-Eyes

Ebony;276419 said:
VB can you remember saying ages ago we'd go to Cambridge to the Ninja Theory offices and protest if they messed it up??? Whose with me?! We could protest they're making Western countries look like smoking, emo, crackheads! :D

THIS! (sorry for double post)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Vergil'sB*tch;276410 said:

Yes..it's sad..time to smack some heads.

We need to seperate americanization from westernazation because guys like Antionadies have lost the ball completelly in the process.Sure the fashion,I can understand,but smoking like a macho cowbow that just walked ina saloo and the whole psychological terrorism like a bad Hitchco-ck reamke.This is i=not westernazation.

I mean.where did the whole European Cultural bag,conatining all of Europe's culture's go?I certainly didn't see it fly out of the window.If you want to westernise a game and you are from Cambridge,don't go doing what cowboys did the past 2 centuries in the saloons.Artistically,go nuts,I don't care,but if you are gonna westernise him,do it properly.Make him a cool,wise-cracker with a fine english manner that can insult you and your whole familly with whitty remarks and no foul language,a bit of a lord-type,have him not speak like a cokney[no offence] and adopt some good english habits that would make others seem stupid but they just add to his awesomeness,like NOT smoking to death.Like the Monty Pythons.

Also,I'm with Ebony!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I'm with you too Ebony.

Does anyone actually think that this is what the fans wanted?
Personally, I didn't.

Rockstar was just an example because i know they have a studio in Britain.
Grand theft may cry... i think i'd buy it.

bobek388

Bobek388
Seriously these sons of a bi***** should get killed. They can suck my d***, fuc**** t****.
Gay theory was always crap and will be, Crapcom is crap now

Fear-In-Your-Eyes

Devil Bane;276423 said:
Yes..it's sad..time to smack some heads.

We need to seperate americanization from westernazation because guys like Antionadies have lost the ball completelly in the process.Sure the fashion,I can understand,but smoking like a macho cowbow that just walked ina saloo and the whole psychological terrorism like a bad Hitchco-ck reamke.This is i=not westernazation.

I mean.where did the whole European Cultural bag,conatining all of Europe's culture's go?I certainly didn't see it fly out of the window.If you want to westernise a game and you are from Cambridge,don't go doing what cowboys did the past 2 centuries in the saloons.Artistically,go nuts,I don't care,but if you are gonna westernise him,do it properly.Make him a cool,wise-cracker with a fine english manner that can insult you and your whole familly with whitty remarks and no foul language,a bit of a lord-type,have him not speak like a cokney[no offence] and adopt some good english habits that would make others seem stupid but they just add to his awesomeness,like NOT smoking to death.Like the Monty Pythons.

Also,I'm with Ebony!

If i ever win the Lottery, I'd help you buy out Ninja Theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom