• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Racial&ethnic diversity in gaming

Does the lack of racial/gender/ethnic diversity in games bother you

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
This video made me realize that almost 99% of the lead gaming characters are 30 yr old white guys oh and they almost ALWAYS have american accents.

its not like i have an issue with this but really all video games have white american guys and somewhere a token black/asian character that's not really representing even the 1% racial diversity humanity has to offer.

Sure there are occasional games like Borderlands 2 or mirrors edge where you can play as asian woman or a hispanic man but these games are really few&far between when compared to the abundance of stereotypical white american male characters i just don't understand the gaming industry's fixation with this mould.

I know that that most of the consumers are white males... but c'mon wtf is wrong with racial diversity? its not we cannot relate to anyone else if they are not our race or culture or gender.

DEMON-999

Its always about Global appealing , its good to see the walking dead had a black man who got into alot of peoples hearts

Top Bottom