• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Works v2

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ He sounds purdy...may I have permission to nom him? I understand the problem with characters looking like a certain sparkly-guy-who-must-not-be-named, though...I have a character in one of my fics who's got the same hair colour and black eyes. I'm never certain if I hate him cuz of what he does to my MC or if I hate him cuz of who he reminds me of. ._. I like the story, though. ^^ *wonders if you completed it and thinks it'd make a cool story*

Uh...I need a quote...um.... *looks for one*
"A is for angsty and B is for broody, and C is for crying, just like Stefan--"
"DAMON!"
Damon stopped for a moment, grinned, and continued on with his song.
I started a Vampire Alphabet a while back and never finished. ^^; It kinda pokes jabs at all vamps.... *liked the beginning* I oughtta post it....

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ He sounds purdy...may I have permission to nom him?

Permission granted ^_^

"I'm sorry. That... was out of the blue. I didn't mean to... that was stupid of me," Nixie said and rubbed her hands across her face to avoid eye contact.
"That's okay. I get it," Joe said.
Nixie froze, and peeked at him through her fingers.
"Love makes you do stupid things," Joe added, trying to meet her eyes.
"Good to know I'm the only person in the room who lacks stupidity," Mikael piped up from the corner of the room.
Nixie and Joe turned in unison to look at him.
"Don't you have somewhere else you need to be?" Nixie snapped.
"I'm on my friggin' coffee break, whatcha want me to do, go read fanfics instead?" Mikael shrugged, and took another bite of the blueberry muffin in his hand.
"You're killing the moment," Joe said tightly.
"Oh, you mean the one where you actually confess to Her Highness that you DID turn back time because you're an obsessive jerk who, like I've been telling her the whole time, has the incurable disorder of being a compulsive liar?" Mikael asked.
"MIKAEL!!!!!!"
Mikael's eyes widened and he straightened up out of his chair, and with long, exaggerated steps started off scene. "I do believe that was the outraged cry of a goddess."
"I'm confused," Nixie said, glaring from Mikael to Joe.
"Same here," Joe huffed.
"Is he telling the truth?" Nixie demanded, and Joe squirmed.
"Thanks so much, Mix," Joe grounded out.
Claire appears and knocks Nixie out, erases her memory of the scene, and chases Mikael with a broom off scene. And she makes his muffin disappear too. Because he just RUINED the scene!
"I'm sorry!"
You're not! You always do this!
But I really am sorry.
If you were, you would stop intervening in scenes where you're not even supposed to be!
So I need the attention! Maybe that's incentive for you to WRITE ME MORE!
RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRR!! D:<

My muse. He likes to sabotage my work. ._.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I thought it was funny. >.>;

I was smiling absently at the white board, watching Mr. Whittle and what he was writing with glazed over eyes. My stomach growled loudly at the moment and it warranted a few looks from the people sitting near me. I held back from telling them all to **** off.

It wasn't my fault I had the munchies. It was the weed. Blame that, not me.

Mr. Whittle--with his strong arms, perfectly shaped ass, piercing green eyes, and blond hair I just wanted to run my fingers through--waltzed up to me. I placed my elbow on my desk, leather crinkling, and my chin in the palm of my hand, looking up at him with my signature flirtatious smile.

"Mr. Holland?" he said.

"Hmm?"

"You reek."

I jerked back at that, eyes wide, mouth agape. ****, ****, ****, ****. I knew I should have asked Blondie to use his cologne before class.

"Did you smoke cigarettes over break?" he went on.

I shrugged, trying to play it cool, refusing to let him know I was practically ****ting myself. This would be my last warning if I got in trouble, then I'd be expelled. "Yes," I said honestly.

"And what about a joint?"

I nodded.

"Did you smoke them by yourself?"

"Yes," I said.

"Why would you do that? Do you not feel comfortable smoking them with people you're friends with? Do you have some inner demons that you're struggling with that makes you uncomfortable at the thought of sharing this sort of thing?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but Mr. Whittle continued on before I could get a word in.

"You know what will happen if you get caught, right, Mr. Holland?"

Again, I nodded.

"You know that I can have Mr. Carr search your locker, then take you to the office, strip search you, and finally have him put on a rubber glove and make him give you a cavity search?"

The class burst into laughter at that, and I couldn't help but crack a smile as I replied with, "There are worse ways to spend a Friday afternoon than getting fisted by the second hottest teacher in the school."

More laughter, and Mr. Whittle shook his head, cracking his own smile. "So you're not paranoid about getting caught?"

"Nope."

"Well, will you be paranoid when Mr. Stewart ****s you without a condom and doesn't lube up?"

My eyes flicked to Blondie on the other side of the room, his face red as a beet. He covered his face with his hands when I caught his eye.

"Why would I be?" I asked, and I heard a 'thunk' when Blondie hit his head against the desk.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
“I am not going to go out and hunt some person down!” Jonathan fumed.

Vendetta didn’t take that well. He was already fairly angry over spending the entire day training (bickering with) his inconsiderate ‘apprentice’…and he was considering killing the boy himself. That was the problem with people these days. There was no respect and no gratitude. Hmm…no. Scratch the inconsiderate bit…the boy was insufferable.

“If you think, Starling,” the vampire started, his eyes narrowed dangerously, “that I am going to let my apprentice walk out of this house, untrained and ready to destroy every ounce of secrecy I have built up, you are sorely mistaken.”

“I don’t care. I’m not going to hunt.” Jonathan knew he was pushing the envelope here. Vendetta was lightly flushed, his pale hair barely out of place and his blue eyes blazing. They were nearly in each other’s faces, both breathing heavily, and Jonathan knew that if Raquella happened to walk in on this, he would never hear the end of it. She would say he was being disrespectful to their master after he’d saved them. However, it didn’t matter to Jonathan what Vendetta did for him; he would never belong to him and he would always hate him. Or so he hoped.

Vendetta searched the boy’s expression; those blue, blue eyes giving the impression of seeing into Jonathan’s very soul. His gaze dropped to Jonathan’s lips and he subconsciously moved forward. Jonathan’s gut tightened. Anticipation fluttered through him. He found himself waiting for something he wasn’t even sure of, but what ever it was made his pulse race.

And then, in the blink of an eye, Vendetta had moved to the door, leaving Jonathan to feel very confused.

“You will feed. Do not debate me on this.”

As the door slammed behind him, his words didn’t process in Jonathan’s mind. He was still slightly distracted by his odd reaction to the vampire’s closeness. It was a vampire thing, had to be, he decided. After all, he was straight. He had no reason to want to, of all things, kiss Vendetta…right?
Random Darkside fic of mine I have yet to name. :S I didn't intend for there to be yaoi...I actually just wanted Jonathan and Vendetta to get along...and then this scene and one slightly more graphic one popped up. Weird....

“How was Trent?” Ivy asked.

Rachel wasn’t fooled by the nonchalance. There was something odd about the looks Ivy and Jenks kept exchanging when they thought she wasn’t looking. But she was halfway through a mouthful of coffee, so she settled on answering with an odd shrug.

“Yeah, Rache,” Jenks piped up, grinning mischievously. “Trent still trying to get you to whore yourself out to him?”

Rachel choked on her coffee, making hot liquid shoot up her nose and down the passageway to her lungs. It was hot enough to feel like it burnt her throat and she missed Ivy’s rebuke. Jenks was laughing like it had been a great joke; Rachel didn’t quite think so. For some odd, unknown reason it had brought of memories of her and Trent’s kiss…which was just weird and something she didn’t care to think about.

“It’s Trent,” Rachel reminded them once she’d calmed down. “He can’t see me and not ask. It would be…against his make up to not ask for me to work with him.”

--
Jenks landed on her shoulder, his wings buzzing at an ultrasonic speed.

“Right behind ya, Rache,” he said, the humor gone from his voice and a seriousness that meant it was time for work falling into place.

Instantly she felt a bit better. If Jenks was with her, everything would be okay.
Both from Of Wizard Schools and Demons (it's the working title....) a Hollows and Harry Potter cross-over I'm still trying to plot fully. :S

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
*bump*
Whoops, sorry, didn't see this thread right here :D

CLAIRE: Back! Okay. What music we gonna listen to for this chap?

MIKAEL: Daughtry’s It’s Not Over.

CLAIRE: Isn’t that a bit...gay?

MIKAEL: Not unless you have the ****ing mindset of a yaoi fangirl. You gotta admit, the lyrics DO relate to FSC. (mind, he was insulting ME here, not yaoi fangirls)

CLAIRE: I don’t know if this is a good choice...

MIKAEL: ‘I was blown away, what could I say? It all seemed to make sense’ – this can relate to Dante just having discovered what you’re brewing underneath the surface. Right?

CLAIRE: Yeah, maybe.

MIKAEL: ‘You’ve taken away everything, and I can’t deal with that’ – relates to both Dante and Enji. Dante finding out what he’s been missing out on, I mean he just walked in on his family living all happy happy without him. And Dante was Enji’s everything, now he’s gone, right?

CLAIRE: Riiiight.:confused:

MIKAEL: ‘I try to see the good in life, but good things in life are hard to find’ – relates to the whole situation. Enji’s in a new environment, no friends, the family he’s got doesn’t actually feel like family because he’d been pretty close to Dante.

ENJI: Enji is also right here. Don’t I have a say in this chapter?

MIKAEL: ‘Can we make this something good? Let’s start over. I’ll try to do it right this time around. It’s not over ‘cause a part of me is dead and in the ground.’ – That has Vergil written all over it.

CLAIRE: Yeah, but ‘this love is killing me but you’re the only one’ sounds pretty gay, Mix.

MIKAEL: From a brotherly perspective? Considering what the plot is? Identical twins? Vergil is going all out and is basically fighting a two man battle by himself, because he wants to protect Dante. Why would he want to protect Dante if he doesn’t actually love him?

CLAIRE: Okay, but what about the ‘only one’ line?

MIKAEL: Let’s see... Dante is the only one who has the skill and expertise to match Vergil’s?

CLAIRE: :cool: What about Sparda?

MIKAEL: What about him? He’s in his human form, his powers are limited.

CLAIRE: He’s still stronger than Dante. He owned him a few times, remember?

MIKAEL: Yes, but Dante and Vergil together? They would floor Sparda, easy.

CLAIRE: o_O Don’t make me get another muse, Mikael.

MIKAEL: I’m allowed to have an opinion.

CLAIRE: Unless your opinion is WRONG. I’m going to copy over my V3 file.

MIKAEL: I thought we’re working on FSC?

CLAIRE: I don’t have time to write it all out now. I’m revising and copying, easy peasy. ATIF first. It’s mostly backstory that I’m delving into for a chapter or two until Vergil gets ****ed off enough to actually walk out. (which he did, only he didn't walk out IN the story, he walked out ON the story. I need to scrap it off my profile)

MIKAEL: I took him for the 24/7 ****ed off type. He never smiles.

CLAIRE: Oh yes he does! Dante has the power to make him flash a smile. Anyway...Vergil’s not angry all the time, and his temper is a lot more tame compared to Dante’s.

DANTE: Hey!

CLAIRE: How’d you get away from Joe?!

DANTE: Uh... I mentioned my dad is Sparda.

CLAIRE: :)S)...Damn it. Go away. Both of you! You’re distracting me!

Sugar is bad for the mind, kids.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
INT. CLAIRE'S STUDY. NEARING MIDNIGHT.​

MIKAEL​
That's not Greek​
(jabs finger onto page)​

CLAIRE​
I never said it was Greek.​
(stares at red fingerprint on the page)​
You messed up my page!​

MIKAEL​
I don't think a fingerprint is going to make that page any messier than it already is.​

CLAIRE​
Is that blood?​

MIKAEL​
...It's called tomato sauce, genius.​

CLAIRE​
(looks up to see Mikael devouring a plate of scrambled eggs)​
You realise there's a fork in your plate, don't you?​

MIKAEL​
So?​
(shoves another handful of egg into his mouth)​

CLAIRE​
Wow. You really are an animal.​

MIKAEL​
You made me this way!​

CLAIRE​
Soooooo not having this conversation with you right now. Besides, all I've made you is a vampire. At least now we know WHAT you are.​

MIKAEL​
I preferred being called a parasite.​

CLAIRE​
Wellll a vampire is kinda like a parasite...​

MIKAEL​
Discussion over, k, thanx bye.​

CLAIRE​
You can't use text language in a script you nincompoop!​

MIKAEL​
Why? Does it say anywhere in your books that I'm not allowed?​

CLAIRE​
I think it goes without saying, you moron.​

From A Savage Journey.

And:
Mrs. Evans moved like a dancer in the kitchen – one moment she was rinsing something at the sink, the next she was at the stove, then she was at the cutting board, and all the while she made it look like one elegant fluent movement. One action slipped into the next.
Her mother noticed her leaning over the island in the kitchen, and offered a tired smile.

“How was your day? Did you go out for a bit?”

“Go where, Mum? Everyone is at work, or school, or something. The only people in town are the old folk.”

“I know of this fantastic place where you can make tons of new friends,” Mrs. Evans said casually as she pulled on a pair of oven mittens.

“Yeah, where’s that?” Haley asked.

Mrs.Evans brought a stainless steel pot over and scooped the meat sauce out into a casserole dish, an expectant look in her light brown eyes when she glanced at her.

“Oh,” Haley realised what her mother was referring to, and grimaced. “I walked right into that one, didn’t I?”

“Yes, you kind of did,”Mrs. Evans said with a small smile, but her tone was serious. “I’d like you to consider going back to school.”

“Why, so I can do something with my life?” Haley grumbled.

“Yes! I’m glad you see where I’m going with this,” Mrs. Evans said, sliding the casserole dish into the oven.

A rewritten/unedited snippet from the novel I'm revising at the moment.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Josh stood in the corner of the room, eyes downcast and head bowed. His hair drooped into his eyes and his mouth was set into an uncharacteristically harsh line. Kinney felt her heart break at the sight of him there, stewing in his failure, and she reached for him; trying, in her eight-year-old mind set, to make him feel better.

"It's alright," he said to her, staring at the door Audley had been dragged, screaming, through. "We'll be alright."

"Promise?"

"Promise."
^ From my NaNo novel (it doesn't have a name, just a working title. I adore Josh. Kinney, on the other hand...yeah. /==

Me: "It's...been a while since we just...sat here and talked."
Marcus: "*nods* Yeah."
Me: "I mean...everyone's so busy, I never see any of you. You just shout something at me then run off to work or stalking or...something. You and Verge used to be around 24/7...and even though he turned the class over to Lu, I don't see him. I don't even kow what you guys get up to in your spare time. *depressed by that*"
Marcus: "*stops playing* You really want to know, kid?"
Me: "*nods*"
Marcus: "*in the tone of someone reading a school report* Kai got premoted to head of the Contagious Disease Control department at her hospital. Maya's looking for another job. Lu's been managing Vergil's old class and a couple other teacher's classes as a sub. Regina's all healed up and back on her laudnum regiment--she tried to set the living room on fire during the Halloween party. Joey and Alice went on a vacation back to Jerusalem for the next few weeks. Noctis, Lucre, Jericho, Atty, and Gus are all back in school. Dante and Billy are organizing a trip to New Orleans--she wants him to meet her parents, like that will turn out well. Shade and Pet have been getting along better since Shade nearly ate Myka. Jor took Stevie to get new armor--damn assualt's growing like a weed now--and Atty's excited his 'pet' is getting a change. Verin and I have been arranging a dimensional gate with Thanny and her siblings that doesn't end up being paid for with Darius getting sucked into the world of dreams. And Vergil's up to something he's keeping under wraps. It has to do with Selena, though, so you might want to warn Basil so she can warn her muse. That answer your questions?"
Me: "Um...yeah. *blinks**even more depressed* I...had no idea...I'm such a bad writer! T-T *feels inconsiderate*"
Marcus: "*sighs and bangs his head on the piano**muffled* Forget I said a word, love."
Me: "T-T"
^ From Conversations of Delusional People (a thread of mine on another site). Gods, I'm so disconnected from my muses. :( I feel like a terrible writer. *can't keep up with all her muses* And he didn't even say what happened to all of them.... >_<

Top Bottom