• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question: Do you think Dante SHOULD have been the hardest boss in the game?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Okay, he was tougher than most but I don't think that Dante can really be accredited as being the hardest boss in the game. Do you think he should have been? I do.:D

I mean, he could have been a lot more cheap than he was on mission 10.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Sanctus was the hardest. But Dante was the hardest in a different department if you know what I mean. Sancus went in a retarded pattern where he just stayed in a stupid barrier most of the time, while Dante actually had real AI. (In my opinion.)

So while Old Fart was the most difficult, id rather give the trophy to a computer (Dante) that actually put up a real fight.

Sparda™

The most difficult was the Savior.

Sanctus was a joke and Angelo Credo and Dante in my opinion were the most fun to play with.

Dante is challenging in Stage 101 of the Bloody Palace though.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
yeah i think dante should have been the hardest but alas he isn't man to tell you the truth i just playing mission 1 on DMD mode jsut to face Dante because it's so fun to play against him...but i really wish he was a lot A LOT HARDER :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No, because then it would be illogical to the storyline. The hardest Boss should be the Boss you have to completely kill. In the storyline you are not going to kill Dante, so it is only logical that he was easier than Savior. That's my view however :)

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
i know but it takes a lot longer to get to him....and i don't want to wait to fight Dante :)

Zato-OW

King
I wish Credo was tougher. For Dante I wished they just patch the damn game to remove the loop around him.

Vergil_Yamato

All the other bosses were easy i only had a little trouble with dante first time i fought him the 2nd time i couldnt even land a hit

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I mean, there's one obvious rule: stay close

Not so close you're hugging him but close enough to ensure he uses sword combos which are easy to dodge and then go in from the side. If you're really far he'll use his honeycomb attack and (the name slips me) the pandora laser on DMD. Both can make you think of him as a veritable bastard but keep on your toes and keep close and you shouldn't have much trouble. Also, don't try to be clever and use buster except in situations where he has NO chance of dodging it. That's all I can think of except that using blue rose ****es him off no end and he has MUCH better guns so depend soley on red queen (and Yamato, should you have DT).

It takes a little while to work out but it makes him much easier once you have worked it out.;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I would have liked it a lot if he was on DMC3 Vergil's league.

However since from what we see, he's just playing with Nero, it's to be expected that he won't be the most difficult boss in the game. If somehow Dante turned evil or something, THEN I would surely support the idea of him being nearly impossible to defeat - and you should still lose in the cut-scene that would have followed if that was the case:p

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Nope. cause Dante was just supposed to be playing around when he faced Nero.

In bloody palace, definitely, but in-game, nah.~_~

maaannn...i love my girl!!!!^_^

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I found Dante (mission 10) quite challenging on the hardest difficulty. I actually had to exploit a glitch to bypass him the first time! Whereas Sanctus, I managed to defeat after about 4-5 attempts (I think). I'm probably just rubbish at the game, but I found Dante to probably be the most difficult boss of the game.

aka958

Don't trust people
i don't think dante is harder... no one is hard in the game but still i can't make one boss on dmd without damage... >.<
he shouldn't be harder just that they stop with that buster trick with him... if there where no buster there he would be a pain in the ass... (playing as Nero cuse in bloody palace he isn't a challenge when you play as dante)

Top Bottom