• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Putting Dante in the back seat............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintrexx

I've been a Devil May Cry fan ever since it came out & I'm pretty dissappointed w/ how they're putting Dante in the backstage. Now, nobody knows the TRUE story behind this Nero guy or how he fits in the DMC storyline but the thing is they've had Dante as the main character in 3 games now & he's been the MAN!!!! As everybody saw in DMC3, the storyline is about DANTE & his fight against the bad guys. I know I sound like a little b***h right now, but can u blame loyal fans like me? You can ask any loyal fan out there; the game might be cool & all but what are we all after? The storyline!!!!!! I'm pretty sure DMC4 is gonna be an awesome game but it's not gonna be the same w/out good'ol Dante. If anybody out there can put my mind at ease & give me a legit explanation of why the TRUE hero is being pulled away then please........do so!!!!!! My e-mail address is [email protected] :mad:

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I know why they wanted to bring in different games not just devil may cry fans *Not my words* basically they want to get some people who know nothing about DMC.... great.

Sleeping Giant

Actually I remember reading somewhere that Dante will be a playable character in DMC 4, as well as Nero, so I'm expecting we're going to see something like DMC 2 (Dante and Lucia).

Dizzyconscience

When I heard about Dante not being the main character in DMC4, I was ****ed. :( I don't like to think that this new punk can beat Dante... Its not coo'.. They build up Dante as this awesome badass guy and now brought this sissy look alike right into the picture to beat him down.. D:

Force_Edge

Master of Muppets
I think the Nero concept is cool. Originally I didn't like it but then I realized what they wanted to do, I think. While Nero isn't half-demon, or demon at all, he fights a bit differently from Dante, and his arm-thing makes it all for a unique experience. I enjoyed Vergil more than Dante (in DMC3:SE) and it's obvious that Vergil's influenced Nero. Vergil's famous Helmbreaker line "be gone!" can be heard when Nero fights. And he has a fire, the kind I like. That's a personal opinion, but I do think Nero comes with a personality. And Dante'll never be in the back seat, never will be.

But yes, I understand you. IT would've been great to play with Dante for the first time on amazing PS3 graphics but then again, DMC5 will have even better graphics, Capcom will have gained more experience, and thus it might just turn out to be even better. I'm all for them experimenting with DMC4, as long as they don't flop.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
i think maybe they have a plan or something with nero and later tell this stuff in DMC 5 or maybe not all i know is that as a long as you get to play as Dante and they tell his story line i could care less whether he's not the main character, because if you get play as him and his story it's mostly the same as DMC 2 with Dante and Lucia but this time it's Nero and Dante, it doesn't matter you still get to see and play as Dante...

Some of you guys reading this will probably get mad at me for saying this stuff about Dante, i Personally like his cocky attitude and his fighting style but again as Long is Dante is in the 4 game i could care less whether or not Nero is the main character that just means to me that we can play as a new character with a newish kind of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom