• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PSP Must Plays (I'm Asking)

berto

I Saw the Devil
So I talked to the dude at gamestop and he told they'd be stopping PSP support soon.

I'd been putting this off for a long while now, and once they stop it means I won't be able to grab those games I'd been eying. The thing is, when the PSP was around I had one but never the money to try all the games that looked interesting. Actually, I don't have the money now, but they are much cheaper now a days and I figure, before they go quietly into that good night and I have to pay more for shipping and handling than the actual game is worth I'm hoping to get a list of PSP games that are must haves.

There are lists galore out there but I think I rather hear from my homeboys and girls here.

I do own a PSP, owned like 3, but I've only played a small handful of games and I have a few others I haven't gotten around to playing.

So, here's what I've played:
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (So Awesooooome)
Lumines I & II
Persona I, 2 and P3P (have not beaten any of them)
Patapon
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (Never beat it, it's really hard)
2 Disgaea games
Gods Eater Burst (Not my kind of game since my friends don't like to play 'em)
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (Terrible game)
LittleBigPlanet PSP
Silent Hill: Origins (Another awful, downright unplayable, game)
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (Honestly, I only got it because it has Dante in it and Trish is playable, but it's only ok)
Worms: Open Warfare (I never got good at these games)
Fate/Extra (it was alright)

Here's what I have but haven't played:
E3: Every Extend Extra
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
The 3rd Birthday
Kingdom Hearts
Dissidia 012
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Knights In The Nightmare
Yggdra Union
Jeanne d'Arc

Anyway, I'm ganna put some money aside to buy a few PSP games before I have to travel to my (not so) local retro shops to buy them but I'd like some suggestions from other PSP owners.

I guess we could also make this a PSP general thread but I don't think there are too many of us left, so, however it goes down.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Anyway, I'm ganna put some money aside to buy a few PSP games before I have to travel to my (not so) local retro shops to buy them but I'd like some suggestions from other PSP owners.

I guess we could also make this a PSP general thread but I don't think there are too many of us left, so, however it goes down.
Funny thing is the most fun i had with psp was playing retro games.

Metal Slug Anthology or Metal Slux XX (IMHO better than Contra)
Ys Seven/Ys Oath of felghana (IMHO this is better than 2d legend of Zelda games)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Capcom classics collection remixed/reloaded(i'd suggest to get remixed because reloaded has 3 versions of Street fighter 2)
Ultimate Ghost'n'goblins(its also a remake of the NES so remember to GET THE KNIFE!)
Gurumin A Monstrous Adventure(its exactly like ys but in 3d with megaman legends graphics)

Though you should play more Dracula X because you can unlock Symphony of the night(redubbed) and original rondo of blood,if its still hard for you just play as maria!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I always wondered why Maria was so superior to Belmont. It's like Castlevania rule. In the one on N64 was the same problem, with female protagonist, being much tougher than male... (Women power?)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I always wondered why Maria was so superior to Belmont. It's like Castlevania rule. In the one on N64 was the same problem, with female protagonist, being much tougher than male... (Women power?)
She's a joke character,its as if the game considers you a little girl if you can't beat the game in its original difficulty :D

In the N64 the whip controls were so awful that it made it the magical girl seem unintentionally powerful.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
lol knew it was something suspicious :D (Though Psp Castlevania also suffers from control problems)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ys Seven/Ys Oath of felghana (IMHO this is better than 2d legend of Zelda games)
I never got into Y's. I know of it but when I saw it at the store it never piqued my interests. I'll give it a go. Played most other JRPG's all the way from FF to Atelier. I'm actually in the middle of La Pucelle right now.

Though you should play more Dracula X because you can unlock Symphony of the night(redubbed) and original rondo of blood,if its still hard for you just play as maria!
I did not know this.

Sure, why not. Trish is apparently more powerful than Dante, supposedly she's got brute strenght.

Top Bottom