• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS4 and X720

Which console will you buy?

• PS4

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • X720

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
Thought a thread like that would be nice to have.

More and more rumours are coming each month about the new generation of consoles, which Sony and Microsoft musta been making them in a basement since 2010. One of the EA developers probably trolled us all by assuming that he saw the new consoles.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Depends on whether they do this "Online account linked to games" thing (you know, the whole "we have to stop pre-owned games thing")

Kammosjuttu

Consoles are so expensive, that it makes me sad that they have to push out new ones constantly. When a new console comes out, the games will be made to that and it forces to buy the expensive machines if one wants to play the new games. If it comes to it, that I have a pile of consoles which each has only a couple of games, it becomes very irritating. I already have 7 consoles, within this month 8... so, if I can avoid buying new consoles, I'll do that happily, but if they manage to make some very very intereting games to PS4, I think I'll have to just put up with it, save money like crazy, and buy it. And hope, that the games won't get any more pricey than they are already...

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Consoles are so expensive, that it makes me sad that they have to push out new ones constantly. When a new console comes out, the games will be made to that and it forces to buy the expensive machines if one wants to play the new games. If it comes to it, that I have a pile of consoles which each has only a couple of games, it becomes very irritating. I already have 7 consoles, within this month 8... so, if I can avoid buying new consoles, I'll do that happily, but if they manage to make some very very intereting games to PS4, I think I'll have to just put up with it, save money like crazy, and buy it. And hope, that the games won't get any more pricey than they are already...

Wow. I thought being a PC gamer sucks. Reading your story makes me feel a little better and worried at the same time. Worried cuz I'm really looking forward to next gen consoles, don't know if it'd be PS4 or XBox720. So from what I understand, PS3 games won't work on PS4 and neither Xbox360 games on Xbox720, right?

Kammosjuttu

Wow. I thought being a PC gamer sucks. Reading your story makes me feel a little better and worried at the same time. Worried cuz I'm really looking forward to next consoles, don't know if it'd be PS4 or XBox720. So from what I understand, PS3 games won't work on PS4 and neither will Xbox360 games on Xbox720, right?

Yes, I've heard so that you can't play PS3 games on PS4. That sucks! And about the new Xbox I've not read about, but it might be the same case with it...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I voted PS4 just cause but we all have a clue that the next generation consoles may suck even more than the current ones due to corporations just milking us for all our money...I just wish I can travel back in time and just well kill the moron who had the idea of DLC in the first place to save us gamers the heartache.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Well by the time a new console comes for both companies the last ones will have been out for nearly 10 years. So they wont simply have been pushed out quickly, PC components also have less than a 10 year turn around for upgrades. Consoles are only usually pricey on release, they go down to decent prices shortly after release and have some good bundles for Christmas etc.

Kammosjuttu

Well by the time a new console comes for both companies the last ones will have been out for nearly 10 years. So they wont simply have been pushed out quickly, PC components also have less than a 10 year turn around for upgrades. Consoles are only usually pricey on release, they go down to decent prices shortly after release and have some good bundles for Christmas etc.

When there are many companies releasing consoles, handheld systems and whatnot, they come out rather quickly. And many of them have various versions published one after another. Like all different Nintendo DS-versions, with the latest 3DSes; the XL version got out rather quickly after the normal version, even though Nintendo had first said, that they would not make an updated version of the 3D one.
But yes, I usually wait for some time before buying my consoles so that I could get them for a little bit cheaper. Yet, not always the prices go down any significant amounts.

Dark Drakan

Admin
When there are many companies releasing consoles, handheld systems and whatnot, they come out rather quickly. And many of them have various versions published one after another. Like all different Nintendo DS-versions, with the latest 3DSes; the XL version got out rather quickly after the normal version, even though Nintendo had first said, that they would not make an updated version of the 3D one.
But yes, I usually wait for some time before buying my consoles so that I could get them for a little bit cheaper. Yet, not always the prices go down any significant amounts.

Yeah thats a pain with the multiple variations in consoles and the handheld market has been a joke for this so I understand what your saying there.

Top Bottom