• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS4 and X1 controller thread

IncarnatedDemon

Just a thread to express thoughts and experiences on these new controllers. I have no experience with either, but i want to say they both look good. Though Microsoft doesn't seem to have learned anything, as their D-pad seems to be the same...
jp-console.jpg

I am not into sharing of videos plus it seems PS4 has speakers...which is redunant in my opinion.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Even though I will never be getting the new Xbox the controller looks pretty good and I've always enjoyed using the Xbox controller for things. I don't see what you're saying about the Dpad. It's not the same and has been improved.
xbox360_controller-480x309.jpg

Do they look the same to you?

As for the PS4 controller I'm just glad they fixed those flimsy triggers because that was one of the worst things about the PS3 controller. The speakers I heard were gonna be used to stream the PS4 audio because it also comes with a headphone jack. That can be cool because when I want to play a game and not disturb anyone else who may be sleeping in the room I can just plug in the headset.

I haven't read much on the controller yet.

IncarnatedDemon

Even though I will never be getting the new Xbox the controller looks pretty good and I've always enjoyed using the Xbox controller for things. I don't see what you're saying about the Dpad. It's not the same and has been improved.
xbox360_controller-480x309.jpg

Do they look the same to you?

As for the PS4 controller I'm just glad they fixed those flimsy triggers because that was one of the worst things about the PS3 controller. The speakers I heard were gonna be used to stream the PS4 audio because it also comes with a headphone jack. That can be cool because when I want to play a game and not disturb anyone else who may be sleeping in the room I can just plug in the headset.

I haven't read much on the controller yet.
It looks like the X1 controller d-pad is similar to X360, and X360 d-pad is inferior to PS controller. Not saying its very bad, just that PS d-pad>Xbox360.

Also if you like the Xbox controller you should maybe order a pc wired version. That huge battery chunk will be removed :D

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
The X-One controllers look uncomfortable to me for some reason. :S Maybe I'm just used to the 360's ones, but.... *still thinks the X-One controllers don't look comfy to use*

The Playstation controllers don't look any different from the old ones, imo, though. :/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yes. It isn't a 3rd party brand either. I have a younger brother so buying a 2nd controller was kinda mandatory.

IncarnatedDemon

Excellent. I have used the Xbox360 a bit at friends but i havent really used it alot. But i bet i will like it.
I used PS1, PS2 and PS3 controllers (PS console all the way). So a Xbox360 controller for computer will be a nice change :)

People say that the analogs of PS controllers are put in wrong place (to close eachother). PS4 seems to have tried to tackle that issue.
But again it will be great to see how i will feel about the Xbox360 controller.

Thinking about it...and this is just a thought, but i believe Xbox buttons are superior to PS ones. As Xbox buttons are round and elevated while PS one is flat and not so high above the surface controller.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Well, for what my buddy had time with both controllers.
He says they are both equally great. The X1 controller has more precise movement, that the smaller thumbsticks, but better grip to it and easier movement makes it perfect for practically any type of game. They got rid of the horrid Disc-Shaped D-pad from the X360 Controller to something more traditional, the X1 D-pad is more indented into the controller so to say. Instead of sticking right out, it's into it more so your thumbs don't slip out of place if in a fighting game. Like KI for example.
Triggers are great, more natural placement for your index fingers, rumble motors inside them...well he didn't get a chance to test those.
Buttons are closer together to make it easier for things that require A+B combos, faster button tapping so to say.

Now, The PS4 controller is wayyy wayy wayy better than the past dualshocks. He didn't give me much detail on the PS4 Controller, the only thing he said was it's bigger and not as...well weird on your hands for shooters. He didn't mention the speakers inside the controller, but the LED light on the back of it wasn't working, kinda flickered then stopped shining, triggers are once again improved! :) It's pretty awesome.

But if he were to choose, he'd chose the X1 controller over PS4, since...well he's more obsessed with actual facts and not well interested in PS4.

Me though? X1. It's more natural to me, I don't know why. Though it'll be hard to get used to.

aoshi

I don't understand why new buttons were not added(Both PS 4 and X1). Since PS 2 and older consoles, We have only 4 face buttons and 4 trigger buttons.:|

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I don't understand why new buttons were not added(Both PS 4 and X1). Since PS 2 and older consoles, We have only 4 face buttons and 4 trigger buttons.:|
o_O you know what would happen if we did!
968375-n64_controller.jpg

IT'D BE LIKE THIS ALL OVER AGAIN :(

That and because it's more natural to players, you know? Me personally...I want keyboard and mouse to be compatible.
That's my way to play.

Top Bottom