• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prove of Lady's spin off game plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Too bad, a game with Lady as the main character would have been a much better game than DmC.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
"1UP: Dante's Pandora is so over the top and awesome that we'd like to know who came up with the idea, how you rationalized it into Dante's arsenal, and anything else that's interesting about it's development.

HI: I wanted to have a transforming, multi-purpose firearm in Dante's arsenal. Something that could be used as an over the shoulder rocket launcher, or a crossbow, etc. In its final form I wanted it to transform into something that would be even bigger than Dante himself.
I was thinking about Gundam when I asked for this. I also wanted the weapon to shoot out a lot of small missiles, kind of like some of the fighters in Macross. This was something I was unable to do in Devil May Cry 3. The design team took these requests and really ran with them and put some really awesome, crazy forms into the final weapon; not only things I asked for but their own ideas as well, such as the flash you get when you 'open Pandora's Box.' I'm really happy with how it turned out."

This line had me dying of laughter.

Think about

Pandora Mode Super Devil Justice Fighter Mk. 666

Also in that interview that guy said Dante was hundreds of years old. Either the interview is fake, the translator got it mixed it up, or the interviewer made a mistake and Itsuno never saw to correct him....or he was just over-exaggeration/joking about his age and you needed to be there to see the tone of his voice.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Typical!Everytime we got a translation from japanese, this kind of weird things happen: they put words on people's mouths, false data, etc.This happened to the DMC3 manga dialogue and DMC novels, so I'm not surprised if they used a real interview and inserted some "poo" to make it look legit.I guess Itsuno isn't fluent in English too, so poo passed under the radar without him knew about it.
But I remember Itsuno said ( still in DMC2 era) he was counting on Dante to become a full demon towards the end of his life and that demons were cold and insensitive, ( let us ignore Sparda's tale), so or the guy is joking or canon is inexistent( or better, the two).
Take it with a grain of salt.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
A game with Lady as the main character? Definitely WOULD NOT play it.
I would prefer a game with Trish as the main character though. Although, personally I can't see what sort of game they would give either of them.

But I remember Itsuno said ( still in DMC2 era) he was counting on Dante to become a full demon towards the end of his life and that demons were cold and insensitive, ( let us ignore Sparda's tale)
Take it with a grain of salt.

Vergil matured early then :p
I think that's the best thing to do with video game news until proof exists.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I just glanced and saw "the goal with DMC 4 was to raise the quality of the series on all levels."

laughing-hysterically.gif

tumblr_mqcsmxrXbB1sxviy0o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mp8ndghmlf1qz4rgp.gif

u7NrYTm.gif

THAT was raising the quality?! Freaking idiots man.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
A game with Lady as the main character? Definitely WOULD NOT play it.
I would prefer a game with Trish as the main character though. Although, personally I can't see what sort of game they would give either of them.

I almost expected when the 3 upgrade rumor came out that Vergil AND Lady would have been playable. I remember thinking if they made Lady, how much of a pain in the ass her game would be due to her lacking anything but gymnastics skills and big guns. Surely it would be less fun because transforming into a demon is what we want.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I almost expected when the 3 upgrade rumor came out that Vergil AND Lady would have been playable. I remember thinking if they made Lady, how much of a pain in the ass her game would be due to her lacking anything but gymnastics skills and big guns. Surely it would be less fun because transforming into a demon is what we want.

I thought she was going to be a playable character because she was in the background of some achievements/trophies (why? I can see the point of Vergil being in there, but not her.)
Also, because you've said 'gymnastics', I immediately thought about Lara Croft. So instead of Lady being a Tomb Raider, she'd be a demon killer who does gymnastics...blergh...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I thought she was going to be a playable character because she was in the background of some achievements/trophies (why? I can see the point of Vergil being in there, but not her.)
Also, because you've said 'gymnastics', I immediately thought about Lara Croft. So instead of Lady being a Tomb Raider, she'd be a demon killer who does gymnastics...blergh...

I guess if she were playable, it would be like playing on a handicap or a hard mode... she can't transform/avoid flinch, she can't regen, can't use a devil arm, she wouldn't have any super powerful moves except maybe with the rocket launcher. I suppose it would have been a neat little extra if they had put her skin in there, but boy would it have been hard unless they dumbed everything down for her or left health items all over the place, or having to utilize her dodges/gym madskillz to avoid getting cut to bits. Plus it would make everything Dante said and his promise to sort everything out on her behalf kind of meaningless.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I guess if she were playable, it would be like playing on a handicap or a hard mode... she can't transform/avoid flinch, she can't regen, can't use a devil arm, she wouldn't have any super powerful moves except maybe with the rocket launcher. I suppose it would have been a neat little extra if they had put her skin in there, but boy would it have been hard unless they dumbed everything down for her or left health items all over the place, or having to utilize her dodges/gym madskillz to avoid getting cut to bits. Plus it would make everything Dante said and his promise to sort everything out on her behalf kind of meaningless.

I guess they could make a spin-off game for her.

Dante only promised to deal with Arkham the fact he still lets her fights demons afterwards shows how limited said promise was.

Lady isn't a normal human, someone stated somewhere she was said to be the strongest human, and I mean its possible for a human to be quite strong or adept in gameplay in this game sure certain factors had to be altered to make her different from the other demon characters.

Lets look at it from a style perspective.

She can pull off gunslinger feats quite easily especially shown in the cutscenes with her in DMC3.

Trickster would have to resort to a more advanced/better version of DMC2 acrobatics removing teleports and dashes with rolls, wall running, and other acrobatics like feats.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well the promise is more like them saying lets work together in the future than I'll fight your battles for you.

From a storytelling standpoint Lady is probably the best choice to hold a spinoff but from a game-play standpoint she isn't she would require a genre shift to survival horror(which is ironic considering DMC's RE roots)

I guess you could play on her having to become part demon as a part of the game's plot. It make the game play a little closer to Dante's while giving you a whole range of new story ideas to play with. Even if part of what makes her cool is the fact she's just a regular human but then how would she react to becoming one?

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I never bought totally that idea she was only a human woman. Humans don't have maroon/reddish eyes. I suspect there were more "things" planned to this character, but Capcom, maybe for laziness, maybe for lacking of interest, lt them fell apart.
About becoming a demon: I guess we make more of a fuss about that than her would do. She is alone, she's not tied to anyone and basically defenseless and she just can really count on herself. Maybe she would become disturbed about that change, but if she could deal with the idea she has the blood of the man she most hated running in her veins, being a demon wouldn't be worse.
I know people says is a kind of cool she is a human and they refuse let Capcom change her nature,But it's Lady's humanity that most plays against her since since fans rejects her and doing anything with her because she's human. Being human in DMC is a bad thing.A radical but tasty change wouldn't hurt the character.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I guess they could make a spin-off game for her.

Dante only promised to deal with Arkham the fact he still lets her fights demons afterwards shows how limited said promise was.

Lady isn't a normal human, someone stated somewhere she was said to be the strongest human, and I mean its possible for a human to be quite strong or adept in gameplay in this game sure certain factors had to be altered to make her different from the other demon characters.

Lets look at it from a style perspective.

She can pull off gunslinger feats quite easily especially shown in the cutscenes with her in DMC3.

Trickster would have to resort to a more advanced/better version of DMC2 acrobatics removing teleports and dashes with rolls, wall running, and other acrobatics like feats.

It could be done, it could even be done well if they had put thought into it. Tbh I was surprised they bothered to give us Vergil. Even that seemed a bit half-assed though. Only 2 cutscenes and no Dante fights. I would have loved to have fought against Dante

aoshi

Man, You DmC faggots got nothing but hot air....

Let me show you how its done...
tumblr_mfra2qaos71r1pc0po1_500.jpg

iv3h.png

kdt2.jpg

2s6g.jpg

metal_gear_rising_vs__dmc__devil_may_cry_by_admiralakbar101-d5dfkmv.jpg

dmc_reboot_by_qlyoma-d307a5b.gif

dontebyjojjeed601z18.gif

devilmaycry5bywesker500.jpg

i8VZIML3AOkTZ.jpg

lgfb.jpg

dante_DMC_comic.jpg

dmc_devil_may_cry_ending_is_so_lame___epic_fail____by_rave_oh_lution-d5r4lw9.jpg

And that's how its done, Bitch.

I am sick of your constant bitching on DMC 4. We know you don't like the game. Quite frankly, It's a hard game for any casual. And i am sure it would be mighty hard for someone like you figuring out controls and what not. Please spare this forum your BS.

DMC 4 was next logical step in DMC to add throws , hence buster mechanics were included. Its an action game for crying out loud and its well executed in that department. Please cry yourself a river.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I never bought totally that idea she was only a human woman. Humans don't have maroon/reddish eyes. I suspect there were more "things" planned to this character, but Capcom, maybe for laziness, maybe for lacking of interest, lt them fell apart.
About becoming a demon: I guess we make more of a fuss about that than her would do. She is alone, she's not tied to anyone and basically defenseless and she just can really count on herself. Maybe she would become disturbed about that change, but if she could deal with the idea she has the blood of the man she most hated running in her veins, being a demon wouldn't be worse.
I know people says is a kind of cool she is a human and they refuse let Capcom change her nature,But it's Lady's humanity that most plays against her since since fans rejects her and doing anything with her because she's human. Being human in DMC is a bad thing.A radical but tasty change wouldn't hurt the character.

well i'm cool with Lady being revealed to have powers/ more than just human but it depends on the reveal and how its handled.

im not against lady being human but im cool with taking risks with the characters cause i rather they be compelling than static.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Man, You DmC faggots got nothing but hot air.....
Woah woah woah - let's keep this more civil please guys. No need for name calling, especially using terminology which will most definitely cause offence.

Keep it nice people. Thanks

berto

I Saw the Devil

And that's how its done, Bitch.
Keep it civil. Absolutely no reason to get offensive.

I just glanced and saw "the goal with DMC 4 was to raise the quality of the series on all levels."

DMC4 fell on the same hole as alot of Capcom titles, the money. DMC4 was literally twice the game at the beginning and they had their budget cut and they were left with alot of content and no money to do it with.

It's no excuse, if there was a plan for more they should've stuck with it and delivered, considering how much they sold Capcom would've gotten their money's worth.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Let me show you how its done...
Seriously.gif

I should be saying something, buuut considering how much I actually DO ride on DMC4 for being a bad game, I really can't get mad.

meh, whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom