• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

((PROMPT)) Pink

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
My entry for this week's prompt: Swords. This was done in about an hour and it isn't proof-read, so don't expect anything mind blowing.

Warnings: Dark themes, mentions of girl/girl.

----------------

Madeline opened her eyes, and all she could see was pitch black. She shook her head and blinked, once, twice, before her vision was finally clear enough to make out the outlines of a bedroom. A bright pink bedroom. Everything in the room was a hot pink, nearly blinding because of the intensity of the color.

She tried to move her head, but something was restraining her. That was when she noticed every part of her was sore. And every part of her was in someway chained to the floor. Her head, her arms, her legs, her mid-drift. Her mind yelled at her to scream for help, for anything.

Try as she might, nothing but a strangled cough passed through her lips. Every effort after that proved just as futile as the first try. Finally, after several attempts, her voice echoed through the room.

“Ah, you're awake. . . .” a female voice somewhere above her said.

Madeline's eyes went wide. Her throat closed up and she couldn't utter up the “Who's there?” like she so desperately wanted to. Her brown eyes stared blankly at the ceiling, and a stray strand of her red hair laid on her cheek, tickling her nose. She sneezed, and the voice above her chuckled.

“Poor, poor Madeline. Bound like a dog on a leash. You pitiful girl. You don't even know where you are, do you?”

Despite every nerve in her body screaming at her not to answer, she said: “No.”

The voice chuckled again. “You remember Kacy, yes? Your ex-girlfriend. She moved Junior year, did she not?”

Madeline gulped in a large mouthful of air and replied with, “What does she have to do with this?”

“This is her old room.”

Madeline shook her head. “No, it's not. Her room wasn't pink.”

Madeline heard footsteps walk towards her. Her breathing speed up as the footsteps neared. Finally, the stopped, and Madeline could feel a presence standing next to her. However, since she couldn't move her head, she looked out of the corner of her eyes and saw bright pink boots, two inches from her face.

Madeline swallowed and tried her best to keep calm. The small noises that made their way out of her throat showed no sign of her internal struggle she was having with trying to find her 'happy place'. The pink boots hovered her face over Madeline.

Bright green eyes and platinum blond hair. The woman looked like an angel, but Madeline knew she was far from that.

“Silly girl,” the woman said. “This is Kacy's room. Or a replica of it, at least.”

“Why is it pink?”

“Because it's my favorite color, of course!” The woman's face broke out into a wide grin, showing a dazzling array of pearl white teeth. They looked positively beautiful against her creamy white skin.

Madeline shut her eyes. “Please, let me go?”

The woman chuckled and stood up. “In dear time, poor Madeline,” she said, and she walked away from the red head bound to the floor.

Dread filled Madeline's insides once more. She had no idea whatsoever who this beautiful woman was and what she wanted with her. All she knew was that she was in danger and there was a high probability she would be killed.

Tears streamed down her cheeks at the realization of what would happen to her. The sobs racked through her thin frame and she mumbled, “Please, God, I'm sorry. Please don't let me die,” over and over and over again. The woman's laughter still sounded through the room and echoed in her ears. It was almost as if she was going to go insane from that sound.

She had no idea how long it was until the woman spoke once more. It could have been several minutes or several hours.

“Fun time is over, poor Madeline.” The woman sighed. “This may hurt . . . a lot.” Her laughter sounded again, only this time it was more sadistic than before, and she sounded almost as if drunk with ecstasy.

Madeline's cries only grew louder. “I'm sorry for cheating on you, Kacy. I'm sorry for not being a better daughter, Mom and Dad. I'm sorry for not being a better Christian, God. I don't want to die. Oh please.”

A horn sounded and broke Madeline out of her state of self-pity. Something fell right next to her head, and when her eyes landed on the object, she screamed.

Not even an inch from her right ear was a katana, an elaborate pink rose painted on the blade and a hot pink hilt.

“Oh my God! Stop, please! What did I do to deserve this? Please. . . .” Madeline choked out between blood curdling sobs.

“Lift your head up, poor Madeline,” the woman said.

Madeline did just that, and found that her head restraint had been cut by the sword. She let out a sigh of relief. However, when the horn sounded again, she let out another scream. This time, the pink katana landed between her slightly spread legs.

“If you had been male, you would have just gotten neutered.”

Madeline let out a shaky breath and pulled her legs apart. She closed her eyes and kept quiet as the horn sounded one, two, three more times. She was free to move. She began to get up, but the horn sounded once more.

Madeline looked up, and a katana was falling right towards her head. Her eyes went unbelievably wide, and she let out one last shriek. She shut her eyes tightly and waited for death to take her.

After what seemed like an eternity, nothing happened. She opened her eyes and found herself in a white room covered in posters. She gripped her sweat drenched blankets tightly and let out a long sigh before flopping backward onto her bed.

She laid there for what seemed like an eternity when her mother came rushing into her room. “Maddy, wake up!” her mother said frantically.

“I'm up,” Madeline replied, sitting back up. “What up, Mom?”

“It's Kacy. . . . She's dead. Her mother just called me and . . . and, I'm so sorry, sweet heart!” Her mother took her in her arms.

Madeline was in shock. “H – how?” she said.

“You know how she collected katanas?”

“Yes.”

“Well, she had one of the over the head of her bed. . . . There was an earthquake in the middle of the night and it fell and impaled her through her skull.”

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is slightly disturbing. It's like one of those ghost stories that you don't actually believe unless a good friend tells you about it.

Top notch work. ;)

Mutull

DreadnoughtDT;254080 said:
This is slightly disturbing. It's like one of those ghost stories that you don't actually believe unless a good friend tells you about it.

Top notch work. ;)
This. Seriously. This was awesome, Dani! And I know I told you this in our PMs, but I'm totally blown away by it. Awesome work. ^.^

Top Bottom