• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Problem - Cannot move right and press three other buttons simulatenously (PC ver.)

gessie

Problem - Cannot press "D" and press three other buttons simulatenously (PC ver.)

Hi,

I have a problem, and I hope someone here might be able to help me.

I've installed DMC4 on my PC, and everything works fine. Except for one thing: I can't use "D" or "H" buttons (those are the only ones I discovered so far, at least) and three other buttons (e.g. charging gun + devil arm + lock on) at the same time.

This is VERY limiting, especially when I'm expecting a Streak/Stinger but get a normal attack instead. Or when the "Jump" button doesn't respond when I want to do an Air Hike to the right while being locked on.

Any ideas?

P.S. I had this problem in DMC3 as well, but I figured it was just a bad port to the PC. However, I haven't seen anyone else complain, so I'm guessing there's something wrong on my end.

Re: Problem - Cannot move right and press three other buttons simulatenously (PC ver.

tell me something do you use the keyboard or a joystick?

gessie

Re: Problem - Cannot move right and press three other buttons simulatenously (PC ver.

Keyboard. Hence the H and D buttons. ;)

have you tried to change the controls from the options?

gessie

Yes. That's how I found out that "H" causes the same problem. I tried to change the movement keys to YGHJ rather than WASD.

Sparda™

Did you buy the game or just torrent-downloaded It.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil

Sparda™;157721 said:
Did you buy the game or just torrent-downloaded It.

This post makes no sense at all!!! It has no relation to the controls. Did not expect this from you...

Sparda™

In fact, has much to do It, and If you have something against me personally, PM me, don't flame on a thread.

If he torrent-downloaded It, there's a high probability the game could be corrupt or badly copied.

gessie

I got it from someone else, but it's a direct rip of his original.

Sparda™

Hm, I thought there was something strange. Rips could be done in the wrong way, some files could become corrupt during ripping etc.

I'd suggest you uninstall DMC4 from your PC, and use his original disc to install It.

gessie

It's going to be a while before I can try that (friend lives across the ocean :p), but thanks for the help.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium

Answer: It's your keyboard
Keyboards have a 3 key rollover. This means that you can't press 3 keys at once without it getting mad at you. There are 3 ways to solve this...
Use 2 keyboards (my answer also cheaper)
Buy a gamepad
Buy an "n-rollover keyboard" from online, they aren't sold in shops usually.

I hope that has helped, but I'm afraid that there isn't anything you can do without buying something...

gessie

Thanks, that's helpful. :D I thought it'd be something like that, since DMC3 gave the same issue (btw, Virgil owns).

I'm actually thinking about buying a gamepad. But I heard lots of gamepads don't work (well) with DMC games. What should I look for?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium

Look for something like this and you should be okay. DMC4 give instructions for a 360-PC controller, so that would be your best bet.

gessie

Ok, thanks. :D

Top Bottom