• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Private: Forsaken Past.... Of Broken Saints

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa watched Albel move towards the door, but he wasn't fast enough. Pulling out her sword, she flew towrds Kyrian, and knocked him back from Albel a good two feet. "Albel, hurry, and I'll hold him back."

Resa watched as Kyrian got back on his feet. "Okay, Kyrian, let's play." Resa muttered as he flew back towars her. Their swords met, making sparks fly everywhere. When Resa looked back towards Albel, she got a kick to the stomach, sending her back towards the door.

Resa quickly skid to a stop and help Albel to his feet. She whispered few words, then there was a blinding light.

~*~*~

Resa and Albel where in a warehouse on the other side of town. Resa leaned against the wall, holding her shoulder. "Are you alright?" she asked. "Sorry, I had to pull a quick exit, or both us would've died."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"I...I've been better, my ribs are broken, I have a concussion, I can barely breath..." Albel's breathing grew heavy and laboured, he held his hand over his mouth to cough, only to take it away and see blood.

"Ohh...That can't be good."
He dropped to the floor of the warehouse, the cold rushed through him, sending shivers down his spine, propping himself up against a broken pillar, he sighed before trying to speak again.

"I'm sorry Resa, I let you down, we should have ran...Hah, I'm far too proud to admit defeat..." He closed his eyes, his injuries took him into unconsciousness.

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa walked over to him, dropped to her knees. "No... It's my fault..." she whispered, "Ohh Albel... I'm sooo, sooo sorry..."

Resa looked around for a first aid. She found it, and did her best to fix up Albel's wounds. Once she was finished, she put the heat blanket under his head.

She moved towards the wall, and sat down, leaning her head against it, she closed her eyes, and darkness quickly fell over her. Brinning back the memorires of her past...

Oh, how she wished she could forget.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Albel...Go, leave me, there's no helping me now..."

"Father you reckless fool, don't do this! I need to pay for my own mistakes!"

"This...This is not a fate you deserve son, you're bitter...Alone, lost, and I don't blame you for not being able to let your feelings go. You shouldn't have to suffer for that...No one should suffer death for their feelings."

"Please. Father. Don't do this...Don't be such a sentimental old fool!"

"Boy if there's one time you ever listen to your father's words, make it now, don't die in vain, just run!"

~~~

"Father!"

Albel shot bolt upright, drenched in a cold sweat, the moonlight shone through a broken window, lighting up the dim, dark warehouse. He stood up, pain still writhed through his body, though to less of an extent now, he looked down at his body, seeing himself plastered in bandages.

He limped forward, seeing Resa leaning against a wall, he picked up the heat blanket and pitifully limped towards her.
The air had a bitter chill to it, unnaturally so, though given what had just happened to them, it was no surprise.
He draped the heat blanket over the shiver girl before making his way towards the stairs.

He walked up the metal steps as quietly as possible, reaching the top, he walked along the catwalk overlooking the warehouse, it was filled with old, empty boxes, he thought it was probably an old food storage. Albel opened the first door he came to, it lead out to an open balcony overlooking the ocean, the moonlight bathed the sea in a calming midnight glow, the rain and thunder had long since stopped.

Albel leaned over the railings, looking out onto the ocean, he thought to himself.

"That damn dream keeps plaguing me...Again and again, over 10 years ago and I still can't forget...It should have been me damn it...Why did he sacrifice himself for me? Why should anyone? And yet here I am with this woman who put her own life at risk to save someone she barely knows, at least not properly..."

He looked down at his cold, steel arm, letting out a sigh.

"It's nothing but a reminder...I still have my life which I should be thankful for...But I'm not, this arm just tires me, a constant reminder of what happens when people put their lives at risk for me...I didn't deserve to be saved. I failed my father. I even failed Resa, so why did she save me?"

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa awoke to find herself alone. She quickly stood up and looked around. "Albel?" she called out. When she got no reply, she started to walk around the warehouse.

When she finally found him, she walked up behind him. Placing her hand on his shoulder lightly. "Hey, come back inside. Kyrian might find us..." the words she spoke scared her in the worse way. "Please.." she sqeauked.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Surprised by the hand that appeared on his shoulder, Albel turned his head. Seeing the girl behind him, he took her hand off his shoulder and turned out to face the sea again.

"I'm aware of that, but something like that...He'll keep coming after you, wherever you run, I dare say he knows where we are now anyway, he's just toying with us..."

He stood up proper, no longer leaning against the barriers. He walked towards the door back inside before turning back round to face her.

"Resa...I have two questions for you, one is important, the other...Can wait. One: What is that thing that's chasing us? You seem to know it well and I would like to know my enemy...And two: Why did you put your life at risk to save me when you could have quite capably left me to die and got further away? I'm just slowing you down."

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa looked at the ocean. It's time to tell him... "I saved you because... I'm tired of others dying for my past mistakes. Kyrian is my problem, and mine alone. I was stupid to let him live that night..."

"Kyrian kidnapped me from my foster home when I was 8, it wasn't the first time he and I had met. Three years before that he had come to home and murdered my parents right in front of me. But, when I was 8..." she had to pause to allow the memory to take full focus. "He knew what I was, which gave him more reason to take me..."

"You and I are alike Resa Moon..."

"I don't know what his movative was, but... He trained me, to be a killer. During training, if I didn't do well enough, he'd beat me to the point of death. It was like this everyday. I was in so much pain, I couldn't cry, even if I wanted too, I couldn't. During Sword Fighting, he figured out that my Shoulder was my weakness, and thats why he attacked me there first...."

She took a deep breath, then looked at Albel.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Albel met the girl's gaze and sighed.

"Hmph, fed up of people dying for your mistakes...Understandable, I'm tired of people getting themselves killed trying to save me, I can't say that even after all of that, I understand your motives for saving me when you could've left me, but that was your choice...For better or for worse I suppose you're going to have to live with it."

He swept back his hair and dusted himself off, he felt a shiver down his spine as the cold sea air hit him.

"I would say that I apologise for what has happened in your past, but apologies don't fix what has already happened, nor do I presume it is what you want to hear, so I shall say this instead, I told you I would offer my assistance for as long as necessary and even in this I will help you, your motives are your own, if you want to kill this Kyrian for revenge...Or for any other reason, then that's yours to keep, I shall not press the issue further...And perhaps, in due time, I shall tell you what haunts my past also."

He made for the door back inside with the sole intention of making some attempt at getting a decent night's sleep.

"Good night Resa Moon, get some rest, I feel tomorrow will be an incredibly long day."

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
"Night Albel." Resa sighed. She looked out towards the ocean, then followed him inside. Kryian is waiting for her, so she has to be ready at all costs. Albel had witness Kyrian's power for the matter of five seconds... But that was soon about to change...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Is it normal to push people away so much? I'm tired of people sacrificing themselves to save me...Why didn't I push her away too? Instead I let her come closer than arm's length and now she could die in an effort to protect me...I'm racked with self doubt...How can I claim to protect someone when I can not even protect myself?"

Albel thought to himself as he walked back inside the warehouse, he continuously looked back at Resa, almost paranoid that she could hear his thoughts. He yawned quite loudly, the events of the past few days were beginning to catch up with him, he hadn't slept properly in quite some time. He sat down on the hard concrete floor, leaning up against the same broken pillar as he was sat against before.

His eyes grew heavy, sleep was starting to overtake him, though the chill of the night air that came billowing through the broken windows sent shivers down his spine, the hairs on his arms stood up on end , but eventually he surrendered himself to sleep.

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa slid down the wall and leaned her back against it. She wanted to sleep, but since Kryian was out there... It made it diffcult to do so. And every little sound that was made throughout the warehouse scared her into thinking Kryian was there with them.

It was around 2:30, when Resa had the idea of getting up and leaveing Albel here by himself, and her going off on her own. But it wasn't safe for him anymore, she figured, Kryian would go after him, and kill him, to draw her out.

She pulled her knee's to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. She laid her head against the top of her knees, and felt tears steam down from her eyes.

"Resa stop..." she told herself. "Don't make yourself stressed out more then you already her. You need to rest... Albel won't be able to protect you. You have to protect him for a change."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Albel The Wicked...What happened to that title, hmm? You were a force to be feared not long ago! You killed anyone foolish enough to get in your way! Anyone idiotic enough to tell you what to do, and now what are you doing? Sitting in a warehouse in the dead of night, on the run from some pathetic demon, feeling sorry for yourself! Stop being such an emotional fool and pick yourself up! This is precisely why emotions make us weak and exactly why we stopped paying attention to them! They prevent us from doing our job!

Albel's eyes widened, he sat bolt upright momentarily, seemingly managing to talk himself out of the slump he was in, if only briefly, a small smile spread across his face, until he heard Resa's crying.

He ignored it, whether he didn't care or if he was just blocking it out, not even he knew anymore, but he was certain that this was only temporary, after what Kyrian had done to him before, he knew he wasn't ready to even think about fighting it again, and after that, he'd be right back where he was now, in some warehouse somewhere, feeling sorry for himself, but he figured he may as well make the best of it whilst he can.

A small laugh escaped his lips as his smile widened slightly, he gripped his sword and looked up at the moon shining through the broken glass.

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa looked up and realized that Albel was awake. She quickly wipped her eyes, then rose to her feet. "I'm going outside for some air." she then turned and left.

~*~*~

"Get too your feet Resa Moon!" the gaint Kryian stood over her, sword drawen, and ready to beat her again. What's the matter with you?!"

As Resa tryed to get to her feet, she got a kick in the face. She could feel the blood in running down her face. From her mouth, her lips, her nose, and small gashes on her face.

"P-p-ple..." Her plea was cut short due to anoter kick.

"Some Demon you are! If you should even call youself a Demon!"
~*~*~

Resa laid her head against the railing as she let the memory take place. How she didn't die when she was with him, amazed her. She should be a match for him, but she wasn't... Did he get stronger? Or did the heart attack do something to him? Was it even a heart attack?

All the questions ran her her head. But it came to one simple answer...

"Albel, we need to go!"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Albel leapt up, his hand instinctively reaching straight for his sword.

"Already? I'm assuming you know something I don't, otherwise you wouldn't be taking off in such a hurry, still...I have no room to complain really, dare I ask where you plan on going?"

Albel started towards Resa, stopping just beside her, his free hand moving to grab the railing.

"Quite a nice night really, and a little too quiet...Is it just me or...Have you noticed that not even the crickets have made a sound since we've been awake? Or am I just being paranoid?"

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
"Nope, your not... It must be..." Resa looked at Albel. "Kryian had a heart attack, the day I was able to escape... But now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that was even a heart attack.."

Resa started back inside. "All I know is, we have to get you somewhere safe, so I can lead him away from here."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Get me somewhere safe? I do not hide from anyone, I will not run from this foe just because he caught me off guard, should he come, things will be different." He snarled, looking out ahead of him.

The sun was beginning to rise, an orange twilight swept the sky as the cold, crisp morning air blew through the trees, the crickets died down as birds began to sing a morning call, Albel turned to Resa, noting the concerned look on her face.

"But very well...If you believe that is the best course of action then I shall follow your lead." Albel sheathed his blade, following Resa back inside.

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa started pacing, trying to come up with a plan... And the sad thing was, she didn't have a good grip on this. "I can send you stay with Melodey... She and I grew up with Kyrian... But... I don't know if she's trust worthy..."

She looked at Albel, and shook her head. "You can start helping ya know." she snapped without thinking. She walked towards him, and before she was able to speak, there was a loud crash... It sounded like glass was breaking.

"CRAP! We've been found!" Resa said, drawing her blade. "Albel, I'll give you a ten minute head start."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"A head start...Hmph, not a chance, wherever we run this...Disgusting thing is likely to find us, so if we can't kill it, let's at least give it something to think about if it decides to come after us again, hmm?" Albel laughed, walking forward to Resa's side he drew his blade, shifting his weight to a guard stance.

He held his hand out, muttering an incantation in an ancient tongue, a black, crystalline form seeped from his gauntlet. Albel tossed his sword up in the air, catching it with his gauntlet, almost immediately the crystals enveloped the blade in their own form, giving it a glossy, matte black finish.

Super sharp, the now jagged edges of the crystal sword seemed to warp, almost as if they were alive. Albel held it up in the moonlight before turning to Resa, it glistened and sparkled in the supernatural light.

"A little trick I'd been saving for such an occasion, you wouldn't believe how often I'd encountered demons in my past, this form proves...Lethally effective."

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Resa smiled. "I wish I had a fancy blade, just like you." She then stepped forward and waited an on coming attack. When nothing happened, she walked to where the glass had broke, and found nothing.

"He's here, somewhere..." she sighed, but put her blade up. "Show yourself Kryian."

There was a loud deep evil laugh echoing throughout the building. "You are no match for me... You or your friend..."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Albel giggled to himself, almost with a schoolgirlish sense of glee, he smiled, his eyes peered out from beneath his fringe menacingly as he spoke.

"Heheh...No match for you hmm? We shall see this time, won't we, demon? You're too far from home...You're in my domain now, and it's not a place many creatures live long in."

A black, shadowy aura emanated from Albel, the same shade as the crystals covering his blade. He lightly put his hand on Resa's shoulder, pulling her forward ever so gracefully before turning to her, looking into her eyes.

His own had turned a sinister deep red, he spoke in a shallow, cold voice.

"I assume you want a part in this conflict, stand by me otherwise you'll be left out."

Kyrian stepped forward, laughing manically, stopping not too far in front of the mismatched pair.
Albel eyed up the demon, a fickle smirk spread across his face, he closed his eyes, then plunged his crystalline sword into the ground...Everything around them fell away, the warehouse, blankets, empty boxes, not even the light of the moon was to be seen, just darkness.

Albel opened his eyes, the blood red eyes of both him and Kyrian were the only things visible, until a dim twilight came to life. Albel's appearance had changed, in place of his purple ceremonial garb and sarong was a tough, deep black and red trimmed, dragonscale style jacket and trousers.

His claw adopted a similar colour scheme, deep black with a red trim around the outer edges of the metalwork on the gauntlet, the man himself was much more pale, his hair had taken on a radically different colour scheme from his former black and blonde, instead taking on a brown, fading to red style.

A new sword emerged from the ground, in the same place where he had plunged the former one into the ground, a sword with a golden, regal decorative handle, inscribed with runes along the blade sprung forth, the runes glowed an eerie crimson.

Huge, towering black crystals littered the battlefield, Albel stepped forward, laughing softly, he spoke in the same shallow, empty voice.

"I told you demon, this is my world..."

----

OOC: Just an appearance contrast for reference.

1: Standard, no transformation/trigger.

2: Secondary, post black crystalline transformation/trigger.

Top Bottom