• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
A new Prince of Persia game will come out next year, in May 2010. The game will be available on PS3, XBox 360, Wii, NDS, PC, and PSP. The game will take place on the Sands of Time universe.

The plot is taken from Wikipedia.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will return to the storyline established by Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in 2003 and previously concluded by Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones in 2005.[5] On December 14th 2009 Ubisoft UK released the first details of the story on their official video portal.[6]

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan-favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brother’s kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction.

The game is an interquel, taking place between The Sands of Time and Warrior Within.[1]

The DS, PSP and Wii version will be "featuring a different gaming experience than the more powerful platforms".

It is noted that the game will take place between the Sands of Time and Warrior Within, making it the second game in chronology for the Sands of Time series. The chronolgy goes like this: TSOT < TFS < WW < TTT

Also, the gameplay from the original Sands of Time series will return, with some new gameplay additions.

As a Prince of Persia game series fan myself, I am quite happy seeing that I get to play the Prince from the Sands of Time again. I find him to be much more cooler than the new Prince in the last Prince of Persia game. :)

Here is the short trailer for the upcoming game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGOrpNmIN3M

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Not sure what I think of this, I mean, I was always a fan of the original trilogy, but I've always felt that Sands of Time was the best of the three.
As far as I'm concerned, anything extra at this point would just be unnecessary, it was the Sands of Time trilogy for a reason, sure, it'll probably be a good game, there's no doubt about that, Prince of Persia was always the unique gem in the sea of crap in gaming, but I just don't see the point.

It's not like we really need to be filled in on what happens between the events of Sands of Time and Warrior Within, we were told that much during Warrior Within.

I'm also wondering if he's going to be haunted and stalked by the Dahaka again, because if he's not, well...Then we have a problem.

I will however say that I'm happy we're not playing the "new" prince, because he only served to irritate me, the move back to the old prince is a smart one, he was a well loved and well established character.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Maybe this is finally a POP series game that i might actually play... since POP 1-3 don`t run on my PC for some weird reason and POP 4 just stinks.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angelo Credo;195093 said:
Not sure what I think of this, I mean, I was always a fan of the original trilogy, but I've always felt that Sands of Time was the best of the three.
As far as I'm concerned, anything extra at this point would just be unnecessary, it was the Sands of Time trilogy for a reason, sure, it'll probably be a good game, there's no doubt about that, Prince of Persia was always the unique gem in the sea of crap in gaming, but I just don't see the point.

It's not like we really need to be filled in on what happens between the events of Sands of Time and Warrior Within, we were told that much during Warrior Within.

I'm also wondering if he's going to be haunted and stalked by the Dahaka again, because if he's not, well...Then we have a problem.

I will however say that I'm happy we're not playing the "new" prince, because he only served to irritate me, the move back to the old prince is a smart one, he was a well loved and well established character.

It may be unnecessary, but I rather play the Prince from the Sands of Time series in any new Prince of Persia game than the new one. I don't know, but the new Prince seems lack charismatic and charm, for me. Although the new Prince of Persia game have great gameplay, cool assisting character Elika, unique graphics, but the Prince himself kinda spoiled the fun of playing the game.

I would rather have a sequel for the Sands of Time series, but that would be even more pointless as we can conclude that The Two Thrones is the final game for the Sands of Time series, chronologically. If Ubisoft would make the Prince from the Sands of Time series have new adventures in future games, that would be a different story... Oh well, at least we can know what the Prince has been doing after the events of Sands of Time and before Warrior Within, and hopefully more details about Dahaka.

Meg

boo! i like the new prince of persia game. i was hoping the next game would continue the story of that game. i guess not. :(

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Im so happy that we are going back to the orginal prince as the new one was a twat :lol:
Thanks choas master :D

Top Bottom