• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Predator: Isolation?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So, after the disaster of Aliens: Colonial Marines (I know someone who liked it, but overall that game was very badly received) all Alien fans got what they deserve: an Alien game with a survival atmosphere. I don't have the game myself, but judging for some of the gameplay I've seen so far, the atmosphere is definitely there.
And I wondered... how fuc*ing cool would it be a Predator game like that, but set in the jungle in some sort of quasi-open world environment, with the Predator using his hunting techniques to stalk you, and you have to set traps like Schwarzenegger did in the movie, and other stuff like that?
Anyone who would like a game like this?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think a game that has you playing as the Predator with mechanics similar to the Arkham games could be great.

Maybe (I say maybe cause I don't have it) it already exists. It's called Predator: Concrete Jungle, for the PS2 if I recall correctly. I have to get that game by the way, looks interesting.

@KRSkull yeah, but with the same survival atmosphere as Alien Isolation you know... and not multiplayer. They included something similar to what you described in 2010's Aliens vs Predator multiplayer, a mode called Predator Hunt. But it wasn't executed well, imo.

@berto why not? It could be done like they did with the 2010's Predators movie, where you get abducted by a Predator and thrown in a foreign planet that serves as hunting ground. That way you would actually be Isolated ;)

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
A "Predator Isolation" game would be horrible, both to play and to the Predator lore, The Predator's aren't just hostile animals killing everything they see, they're intelligent hunters with a code, also hiding from them wouldn't do any good as they use infrared so they could see you from a mile away.
In the first Predator movie the Predator always had his eyes on Arnold and his team, they couldn't hide from him, Mac and Dillon tried to sneak up on the Predator and they got wasted, unless the game let you use the mud camo against the Predator which would prob come off as over powered and I don't think it could work.

The best Predator game out there is Predator Concrete Jungle, I'd like to see a Next Gen version of that game, only done way better and maybe open world.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Maybe (I say maybe cause I don't have it) it already exists. It's called Predator: Concrete Jungle, for the PS2 if I recall correctly. I have to get that game by the way, looks interesting.

@KRSkull yeah, but with the same survival atmosphere as Alien Isolation you know... and not multiplayer. They included something similar to what you described in 2010's Aliens vs Predator multiplayer, a mode called Predator Hunt. But it wasn't executed well, imo.
I use to have Concrete Jungle and it's not like the Arkham games. It's also not very good. The Arkham games are good incorporating both stealth and action game mechanics which would be great for a character such as Predator.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I use to have Concrete Jungle and it's not like the Arkham games. It's also not very good. The Arkham games are good incorporating both stealth and action game mechanics which would be great for a character such as Predator.

I think I'll get that game anyway to try it myself. Who cares, I'll surely find it for 2 coins xD

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think I'll get that game anyway to try it with myself. Who cares, I'll surely find it for 2 coins xD
Cheap then why not? It's one of the only Predator games out there and while its not very good, it's also not the most terrible thing ever.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Another possibility, maybe, would be making a game more action-RPG oriented, exploring the "civil war" between the Jungle Hunters and the Super Predators which was only introduced in the 2010's movie.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Chancey289 I finally got Predator Concrete Jungle. Got past the movement and combat training, and the game shows good potential! Unfortunately I cannot play it further today, but I'll see how the game will behave later :)

Top Bottom