• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Postapocalypse games

Picard

Starfleet Demon
So I have been thinking... in some games, such as Drakengard/NieR series, Fire Emblem, etc. you get to play out consequences of actually losing the game, though it usually happens in separate games (e.g. Drakengard/NieR) or else in DLCs (e.g. Future Past for Fire Emblem Awakening, Heirs of Fate for Fire Emblem Fates). Other games are set in what is postapocalypse world from the beginning (Fallout series etc.). So what about games which simulate the consequences of failure - Dante failling to stop Vergil/Mundus/Sanctus etc.?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought of something similar for a potential DMC x Bayonetta crossover. Its the same world but seperate timelines. DMC is where Sparda intervened in the Lumen/Umbran war and suceeded while Bayonetta is where he failed.

I think it could be a cool What if style game or if you wanna resolve DMC2 have that be a timeline where Dante failed to stop one of the previous games.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wanted to see a new generation of hunters after Nero and the others. If only in a way of Terminator.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think 5 was the closest we got to this. 5 starts out with Dante failing to stop Urizen and Redgrave city gets destroyed over a month.

Top Bottom