• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Post your katana

V

Oldschool DMC fan
You used to be able to get various Japanese blades for dirt cheap here. Before the ban.

To be honest, I'd much rather save and get a proper, hand-made Japanese blade even if it cost several grand. Why? Craftsmanship shouldn't die. I'd be happy to pay that much for a genuine piece of skilled swordsmithing (not to mention the other work that goes into making the handle - rayskin and cord - and the saya) in the proper way. It can take over a month to make a sword by the traditional technique, by hand, and that's why they cost so much - the swordsmith's got to eat too in that time.

The thought of the knowledge and amazing precision and timing required to make Japanese katana just being forgotten or replaced by factory-made stuff is sad. That's why if I had a few grand spare I'd happily have a custom one made and shipped over. I respect artisans and the swords themselves are beautiful.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Awww Lexy, you have no idea how much I would give to have a sword like that!
I look forward to seeing Credo's collection :D

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Militaria/Swords/auction-296206185.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Militaria/Swords/auction-295788854.htm
^that's like our E-bay. The set in the last link is owned by somebody who lives here in the same area as I do, but they don't want me to swing around and see the swords in person (and I'm not buying it unless I can have a good hard look at it)
Other than that, I don't have any swords of my own. I haven't had the cash to spend on it, and anyway when I do purchase a katana, I want the real deal, so no replicas or cheap swords for me. That, and I'll need to wait until my kids are older and know not to EVER touch mommy's things. As it is now their likely to turn each other into chop-suey if they got hold of a blade.

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
Will this do?
1774518734_06112010_1.jpg

Realy i want a real katana :(

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
@ Lexy - wow that's so pretty!

We have a few things - they are my boyfriend's and I don't really like them - they're all old and rusty. He has an aincient posioned dart that still has poison in it! >_<

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hey, here are my katana's.

I threw images together of the full size ones on paint, so i'm sorry if its a bit messy.
The scabbards are rubbish... in fact, i'm pretty sure one is broken. The blade is loose on another katana and the third blade won't come out very well... so they would be pretty useless in a fight.:D They probably got damaged when we moved.:(

4706860210_7a5ce3a936_b.jpg

These are my miniature katanas. The smallest blade is probably 6 inches long. My mum also has a set like these.

4706194257_b7984303d4_b.jpg

*Sorry about the paper underneath the big ones, but the blades are greasy, and i didn't want to get my bed dirty.:D

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;246864 said:

:wub: :wub: :wub:
How often do you clean them? I don't think they're supposed to be greasy. >_<
...can you appoint me as your katana keeper? I'll keep 'em nice and sharp and shiny for you ;)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Nice!

I want a tanto...

I imagine the grease is put on them by the maker to prevent rust. You wouldn't think rust would find its way into a dry house, but when my katana was in storage it rusted. I had to clean it and burnish it up again. >_<

Captain Ren

Tribble
I almost bought something like that at anime north. among other kind of swords... but i only bought a pirate gun thing xD

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, the house isn't really dry... So, yeah, i suppose if the katana's weren't greasy, they would've rusted. (Damp, glorious damp.)

Cv: Katana keeper... be my guest... they only need dusting once a month anyway.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Solar;248803 said:
i3wfg7.jpg

zj81gh.jpg

I got it for 29 euros. I really hope you aren't jealous.

I really hope you aren't stabbing it into your bed. >.>

I have one almost exactly like that, though. The handle has wrappings, however.

Top Bottom