• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Post your katana

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Anybody collect blades?

If so, do tell. Post a pic if you want.

(I'll post a picture of mine if I can find my camera...)

Doesn't have to be a katana, btw... could be any kind of weapon really. If you want to post your collection. I'm nosy.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've got...2 Katanas, a set of Sai, a rather large bo-staff, Eskrima sticks, a halberd and some variety of black steel training sword.
If I can find my camera, I'll post pictures. :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have only one katana to my name, but my friend has claymores, longswords, battle axes... You name it, he's got it. He even has a replica of Captain Morgan's cutlass, and another replica of Rebellion and Red Queen. He's quite the collector.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
At some point I had planned on getting a replica of Yamato ._.
You guys know what that looks like xD

Meg

BlueDevil;238175 said:
At some point I had planned on getting a replica of Yamato ._.
You guys know what that looks like xD

Like Yamato? ;)

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
I used to have this epic claymore...it had a skull at the base of its hilt with a stainless steel blade, and at the bottom near the guard the blade was serrated...

I also had two sets of swords- a katana, a kodachi, and a shortsword...the difference in the two sets was one had a traditional Japanese hilt and scabbard, and the other's hilt and scabbard were made of jade...

I had to leave them all behind in the move ;_;
I hope my cousin's taking care of them ;_; ;_;

unfortunately I dont have any sword :\
Just this one :
i39978_dsc00003.jpg

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I used to have a lot more swords and daggers, but I gave quite a few of them away when I moved. The only ones I kept were my katana, the Hadhafang, a hunting knife which was a birthday present from an old friend, and a bone knife with a stone blade (because it's so purdy).

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Aha, here it is:

lexykatana.jpg

It's hard to see in my pic there but the tsuba has a dragon on it, as does the kojiri.

aka958

Don't trust people
Where the hell do you get these from?
I don't think you can just buy swords in the nearest grocery store.

The only thing I've got close to such weaponry is a kitchen life.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You can buy them from custom crafters, or get them factory made.

Mine is a mass-produced factory made model, made of stainless steel. Lightweight, easy to wield and swing, and sharper than a reaper's wit.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;241487 said:
You can buy them from custom crafters, or get them factory made.

Mine is a mass-produced factory made model, made of stainless steel. Lightweight, easy to wield and swing, and sharper than a reaper's wit.

So... What do you use them for? Cutting bread?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think they're more like owning a 'work of art' than a utensil, aka. Although they do chop vegetables quite competently. ;)

You can't buy these so easily in the UK any more. Labour brought in a law a couple of years back banning the sale and import of factory made katanas.

You can also get them from the Royal Mint, or from swordmaking artisans.

aka958

Don't trust people
Lexy;241494 said:
I think they're more like owning a 'work of art' than a utensil, aka. Although they do chop vegetables quite competently. ;)

You can't buy these so easily in the UK any more. Labour brought in a law a couple of years back banning the sale and import of factory made katanas.

You can also get them from the Royal Mint, or from swordmaking artisans.

Doesn't sound cheap though. Spending four months salary on a sword when you could've upgraded your computer... Nah, if I would get the chance, I would probably buy one myself.

Top Bottom