• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible Devil May Cry Tournament (with possible prizes)

Want to see a new DMC tournament?

• Yes sir!

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Not really.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Rockrobs215

Come on, get up! You can do better than that!
I was thinking of setting up a tournament that included the entire DMC series. It would be 9 rounds like so:

1. DMC1
2. DMC2
3. DMC3-Dante
4. DMC3-Vergil
5. DMC4-Nero
6 DMC4-Dante
7. DmC-Dante
8. DmC-Vergil
9. Freestyle

The rules vary a bit each round, but the general rules are below:

1. No more than 3 clips per entry
2. No more than 6-7 minutes in length
3. Just by a combination of a set of judges and/or votes from members of the community
4. Only enter the rounds you want to
5. Each round will be anywhere from 2-4 weeks, depending on popularity
6. Must be on Dante Must Die difficulty and/or Hell and Hell on DmC
7. Can be submitted to any of the following: devilmaycry.org, phantom babies, my Youtube channel (Rockrobs215), or I MIGHT see it in my random Youtube searches for other entries
8. All enemies in the area must be dead before clip ends.
9. You can (and are encouraged) to use your own music and/or sounds
10. If you can't use a capture card, make sure you have decent quality video otherwise.
11. Mods that don't affect gameplay are perfectly fine.

Now the individual round rules

1. Can use any costume or version of Dante.

2. Can use any combo of Dante, Lucia, and/or Trish.

3. Must use Dante. Can use any style (Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Royalguard, Quicksilver, Doppelganger). Can use any combination of these styles.

4. Must use Vergil.

5. Must use Nero

6. Must use Dante

7. Must use Dante. Can be on Dante Must Die or Hell and Hell. "Cheap" glitches may result in lower rating, depending on voters' feelings on the matter. Not necessary, but try to avoid areas with an exceptional number of color-coded enemies. It's just boring to fight them. Witches don't count technically in that category however.

8. Must use Vergil (Vergil's Downfall and/or Bloody Palace if he's available to use there). As of right now, no other rules besides Vergil Must Die or Hell and Hell difficulty required.

9. Anything goes. You can use any game, character, style, or clip number you want. Must still be under 7 minutes and on the appropriate difficulties.

Further on entries: You can enter once in the first 8 rounds, but can enter up to 3 times in the Freestyle round. However, only the highest rated (best) entry will count at the end. Basically, give yourself more exposure.

Prizes:

Up for debate. Whether it's an item, money (via paypal), or simply the thrill of competing/showing off, is currently unknown. Will be easier if non-competitors donated/contributed to this aspect.

For those who are familiar with it, this is very much inspired by the True Style Tournament series that has been off for several years. Whether it will be TST5 (I've spoken to the TST4 organizer about this a bit), a spiritual successor, or something completely different is yet to be seen.

Any feedback on this would help.

seraphmaycry

4chan...iv heard its worse then hell

well we all know where DmC2 will be set

*hopefully people understand im joking even if i don't like 4chan*

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
4chan...iv heard its worse then hell

/vg/ is surprisingly an ok place to discuss video games. Not exactly the best either, but compared to its parent board, /v/, it's a heavenly place of discussion.

Simply put, if you try to even mention anything /vg/ talks about in /v/, your thread will be eaten alive in seconds.

Top Bottom