• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Positivity Of The Day

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
We all have bad days. Especially with what’s been going on with the world the past couple years. So here’s a topic to put down anything positive that happened to you recently. Whether it be big, small, or even just plain silly.

For example: This morning at work, a co-worker came to see if I wanted Wendy’s again. This time for breakfast. Which was ironic cause I wanted trash breakfast food :ROFL: And boy, did that make me one happy girl cause it was absolute chaos with the dogs today lol

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Great topic!

First positive thing: Our daughter aka The Little Bean was at her grandparents today so we had a little relationship time with my spouse: we had dinner at the city centre, had sauna together and watched our favourite show. And when I went to get The Bean back she was happy and her granny was too, those two love each other :D

Also when I was going to therapy I saw swans at the nearby river. Made me smile. Seeing the signs of spring makes me super energized!

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
My brain is finally realizing that there are people that really do appreciate me for what I do to help others. Whether it be work or other means. I’ve struggled so hard to be there for others and not trigger so many other peeps. But I’ve been getting compliments so much lately and I’m finally like “Damn… they are being genuine” and it’s been helping my mindset a bit.

Great topic!

First positive thing: Our daughter aka The Little Bean was at her grandparents today so we had a little relationship time with my spouse: we had dinner at the city centre, had sauna together and watched our favourite show. And when I went to get The Bean back she was happy and her granny was too, those two love each other :D

Also when I was going to therapy I saw swans at the nearby river. Made me smile. Seeing the signs of spring makes me super energized!
That’s so awesome! <3

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
This is like a negative thing turned to be a positive thing. Long post for context.

A surprise renovation started in our house on Wednesday. Like, we knew it was coming at some point of the year and that we need to arrange another place to live while it's on because living in the middle of drilling noise and without running water would be a nightmare, especially with a baby. Buuut they screwed up the information part and on Tuesday we learned the work starts the next morning. 'Plenty of time for arrangements :D'

I've been super anxious on a variety of other things as well, I just have so much to do, I haven't had time to even attend religious stuff this month and it's really important for me so it's taking a toll on my stress levels. I'm feeling healthy, generally happy, sleeping well etc, just overburdened by stuff to do and places to go.

The baby is a lifesaver because when I am with her I just don't think about all the other stuff like my thesis or job or writing schedules or positions in associations or anything like that. But the renovation is bad for her too, she can't sleep in the noise, so it is a pain for both of us.

Sooo my in-law parents told us to go to their house so she could sleep and I could at least get rid of the noise.
AND THIS IS A PARADISE
So calm and silent, and as my daughter spends a lot of time with her grandparents here she has zero issues in making herself comfortable.

To make this arrangement perfect, their apartment allows me to comfortably write and/or study while she's having a nap, which isn't easy in our house. So I can write my thesis a lot more than back home, which speeds up my graduation, which is generally a great thing and not only in terms of stress management :)

And I wouldn't be here without the renovation hassle. Whoa!

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like these threads. That itself is a small positive. From a pc that was down for a week, keeping me up all day trying to fix it, it's back up and running now. Thats a good thing.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Learned about a promising scholarly viewpoint concerning the topic of my thesis! I'm feeling positive about the idea :)

Reactions: Meg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
My daughter who is only 8 came in to sit beside me on the couch, and then gave me a huge hug because she said i looked like i needed it

As i looked tired and she was passing her energy and good luck onto me with the hug

It has absolutely made my day and energised me

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My daughter who is only 8 came in to sit beside me on the couch, and then gave me a huge hug because she said i looked like i needed it

As i looked tired and she was passing her energy and good luck onto me with the hug

It has absolutely made my day and energised me
That is so sweet ♥ I hope I can experience something like that when my daughter is of age.

On the other hand, she did have a bath today, which is always fun for us all. She kicks and splashes and laughs and... yeah. If I feel a bit gloomy, just watching her enjoy life like she does in bath tub cheers me up.

She's also got a Posankka rubber pigduck. No reason to tell you this other than to make you say 'wtf Finnish statues'

Taramafor

Corner a coward, hunt them down. Call them weak and pathetic.

And suddenly they're demanding I come back after I told them they can flee.

Degradation done right is degradation that is honest. The truth with a playful attitude is just sexy I guess.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Just bought some of the train tickets needed for an upcoming gathering of some online friends. Continuing my way after that with another train to see some more online friends and sleep at one of them. It's gonna be a looooong weekend of socializing but at the same time I enjoy the idea of seeing people I haven't seen for a good while! :)

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I can't stand throwing broken stuff away if it seems like it could be fixed. Fixing clothes, furniture, etc is fun, but never a top priority on my chores list and as I'm a skilled procrastinator with suspected ADD, it is... well, an issue.

But this week I managed to
- sew a detached button back to my jacket
- wash Little One's new toys from the flea market
- sew a minor tear in my favourite trousers
- modify a dress that made me look like a prostitute after weight loss so that I can wear it again e.g. in religious meetings
- fix our living room carpet that was starting to dismantle from the corners.

Needless to say that's fairly positive! :)

Taramafor

Everyone needs their own approch to realize things themselves. I said the person is an open book to me. They said to read them. So I ran that test by them. After it was done they said they thought they could do it all on their own.

I already knew that. And said as such. Having already established my worth already it was childs play from there. Good times rolling on.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So I was visiting some online friends during the weekend. Travelled to the north, takes around 10 hrs one way. I booked a bed on a night train back south. Knowing I've got work on Monday, I had to choose between two night-trains to the south; either a train to the capital to work at the office or a train back home for remote work. Both arriving around 6-7 am.

Well. Last night someone had cut a freakin' ELECTRICITY CABLE on the tracks and all train traffic south from the middle of this country had to stop. The night train going to the capital was at least 5,5hrs late. I don't know if it was even more at the end, because I chose the one that goes back home instead of the capital and it arrived only 1,5hrs late.

Enough positivity for today. At least I avoided a major un-positivity o_O

And yeah I woke up around 5am, checked Google Maps and was like "why the f.... are we still in Tampere, am I in a wrong train or is the GPS messing up with me"

Taramafor

It's actually the angry ones that tend to notice when they contradict themselves when it's pointed out. Angry people seem a bit more considerate then people that lack a spine and are evasive. Even if they push you away it can quickly lead to fun and happiness quickly.

Between being angry and being a coward, work with anger. It's more likely to lead to honesty.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I was offered a permanent employment contract as a lawyer, beginning as soon as my graduation is official. And yes, I'm gonna take it.

Happy happy :)

Also it makes me feel flattered, my traineeship isn't even finished yet but they wanted to make their offer before I'd seek a post-graduate position elsewhere lol

Top Bottom