• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pose Design in Devil May Cry

Exejpgwmv

He goes into the poses of Dante in DmC, DMC 3, and DMC 4 @10:30.

Do you agree with his assessment?

I, personally, think he's pretty spot on about all three.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'm disappointed he didn't analyze the pose DMC4 Dante strikes in his Super Mode. It's much better than the pseudo-shrug.

latest

Exejpgwmv

I'm disappointed he didn't analyze the pose DMC4 Dante strikes in his Super Mode. It's much better than the pseudo-shrug.

latest
Yeah, but I think that shrugging one was the more popular pose.
Had the DT stance been the poster pose for Dante I think he would have covered it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Most of you probably know I studied animation in college as a career so a lot of this was discussed in my anatomy, character design and camara classes. The guy is spot on on everything. There is no denying his insight into the theory and application of posing and the correlation to a character's personality. He is absolutely right about Dante's poses, too. DMC4's is boring and it reflected a lot about how the staff that made 4 saw him.

Edit:
It occurs to me that I didn't mention anything regarding his views on the pandering, as he put it. Look, man, sex sells. You have sexy characters because no ones wants to play as some balding middle age cop with a busted knee or a lazy chick with a beer gut, and don't give me that crap about the representation of jack s*** because Twilight didn't draw legions of women because of its positive representation of women and what not, it was the shirtless men, ya hypocrites. I still agree that the pose for Tracer was pretty weak compared to the new one and while I would describe it more as coquet rather than pandering or sexualized the new one is the better of the two.

Last edited:
Top Bottom