• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poll: Future Platform of Choice

Which Platform Will You Use In The Future?

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ok...

Now that we've established that Xbox One wants to control everything you do, and now that Nintendo wants to take ad revenue out of people's pockets with their new YouTube copyright measures, I believe that all hope lies within either the PS4 or the Steambox.

I've allowed for multiple votes and, damn it -- I accidentally pressed 'enter' before I could implement the 'Ouya' and 'Linux Gaming Platform' options. Oh well.

Either way, I was just curious to see what people would want to play over the next few years. And feel free to post your opinion on the unfair practices of any gaming company in the poll up there.

The more options we have at our disposal, the better it will be for the consumer and ultimately, the gaming market itself.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'd go with the Wii U if Nintendo does what they the did with the 3DS then I'd buy one but for right now the only games I want are Pikmin 3, SMT x Fire Emblem and Bayonetta 2. If they get some more good exclusives and over saturated the console with Mario games then I'd be willing to shell out the money for it

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
So, no choice as of right now. That's good enough for a safe bet.

Yeah why would I want to get a PS4 right now? Drakengard 3, Watch Dogs, GTA V, MGS: Phantom Pain , MGS: Ground Zero, and The Last of Us are all going to be on PS3 as well and basically any games for the PS4 only aren't that exciting for me, now if Persona 5 or Kingdom Hearts 3 were on it then maybe I would consider a PS4...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Persona 5
Very true. There are so many games that will be released in the near future that everyone wants, and so few games on next-gen that no one wants. I hope they don't release P5 on PS4, though. It would be a shame to have to buy a new platform just for that.

Still, I wouldn't blame them for doing so. It could be a huge system seller, since the Persona series is getting more popular by the day.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Right now I'm happy with my PS3, PS2, PC, SNES, Sega Gamegear and sometimes my roomie's xbox360.

I don't want to change consoles just yet, but if I do, then I will probably go for PS4.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Very true. There are so many games that will be released in the near future that everyone wants, and so few games on next-gen that no one wants. I hope they don't release P5 on PS4, though. It would be a shame to have to buy a new platform just for that.

Still, I wouldn't blame them for doing so. It could be a huge system seller, since the Persona series is getting more popular by the day.

It may not be true but I think Persona 5 might be for wii u i mean Atlus has been very loving to Nintendo especially with the SMT franchise I mean we've gotten Soul Hackers and releases of Devil Survivors with added content which wouldn't mean anything since Persona 1-3 were remade for the psp with the port of 4 being for the Vita but SMT4 is being made for the 3DS which is a main title in the Megami Tensei series so who knows with that

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I liked your post, but could you please use some punctuation in between your sentences? Thanks.

Edit:

I had bought the Vita just for P4G. So, it wouldn't be the first time I bought a system just for that series.

Also, what's your avatar supposed to be? I can't make out what's supposed to be in the picture.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I liked your post, but could you please use some punctuation in between your sentences? Thanks.

Edit:

I had bought the Vita just for P4G. So, it wouldn't be the first time I bought a system just for that series.

Also, what's your avatar supposed to be? I can't make out what's supposed to be in the picture.

Oh, sorry about that I usually forget punctuation when typying. ^-^'Though on the subject of the Vita my friend is getting a Vita for P4G as well since I got him into the series haha. My Avatar is supposed to be of Azure Balmung from .hack Gu
(Skip to 1:20 to see what I mean)
Though I can't seem to find any pictures of this part in the trailer, but it looks so bad ass Dx

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nice. I'm very glad that you were able to get him into the series. And Azure looks awesome as well.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Nice. I'm very glad that you were able to get him into the series. And Azure looks awesome as well.

FREAKING YES!!! Whenever I see that trailer I get all excited about how awesome that scene is haha. As of now I've gotten my friend into Persona and Devil Survivor. Now only if I could get him into Digital Devil Saga and the Megami Tensei series... Oh and if your looking for good games for Vita ,since you know there are so many to pick from, here's a game you might be interested in maybe..if not you can just ignore it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Sticking with all my old retro consoles and titles as well as the current gen for now. However in about 2 years or so if I see a Little Big Planet 3 and a bigger library of exclusives and next gen games I will consider a PS4. I'm giving the PS4 about 2 years to make its case.

My brother has a WiiU so technically I already have one because I can just play it whenever. Some future WiiU titles actually have me interested to possibly toss some money at the thing. There's word of some Earthbound and of course the inevitable and upcoming new Super Smash Bros. and Zelda titles. I may consider Pikmin 3 down the line. I enjoyed Pikmin. I can't wait for some Mario Kart to pop up on this thing though so hopefully Nintendo will start showing they actually want the WiiU to do better by putting some actual games on the thing.

Xbox however is completely out of the question.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i currently have a Xbox 360 but it is one of the older models so if i could i would get a new one. at this point in time i am not considering buying an Xbox One. In the unlikely event that i somehow end up with enough money to do so i would want to buy a PS4.

i am also considering the Wii U but at the moment the only game on it that interests me is Bayonetta 2 so a few more things would have to be added for me to buy it. and if i somehow ended up with a lot of money i would want to buy PS2 and PS3 to make up for the PS4's lack of backwards compatibility.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
It may not be true but I think Persona 5 might be for wii u i mean Atlus has been very loving to Nintendo especially with the SMT franchise I mean we've gotten Soul Hackers and releases of Devil Survivors with added content which wouldn't mean anything since Persona 1-3 were remade for the psp with the port of 4 being for the Vita but SMT4 is being made for the 3DS which is a main title in the Megami Tensei series so who knows with that

This happens and i'm getting a WiiU. Right on it's release day.

Meg

I have a PS3 and just got a PS Vita. I still have a DS, but I need to blow the dust off of it. I'll be getting a Wii U eventually. :D

LeoXCV

Single life for life
My set-up in the future will likely be a 360 (Already got), DS (Already got), PS2 (Planning on getting soon), PS4 (Will at some point get one, not sure if it will be on release though) and a gaming PC (Already got, just needs a new graphics card and a new hard drive as well as a new desk to put it on for regular use).
Originally I was planning to eventually have both Sony and Microsoft next gen consoles since that's what I did with this gen. Sadly the Xbox One's reveal has made me ditch that idea. Unless a miracle happens at E3, I don't think that will change.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
We all know that PC is the king :lol:
Only if you can afford it. Right now, I'm just waiting to see if I can save up enough for something I want. I have Persona 4 Golden and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation to keep me busy in the meantime.

I also have older games, such as Castlevania: Dracula X and Persona 3 Portable. I still have a ton of stuff to do (since I haven't even started on P3P), so I probably won't be getting anything at all for a good long while. I still have to play the New Game Plus on P4G, and I still haven't gotten around to even doing that yet. Internet takes up almost all of my free time.

I should have put "Internet" as an option up there, too. But, technically, it also counts as "PC". Oh well.

Edit:

here's a game you might be interested in maybe..if not you can just ignore it.
I like the look of the game, but like most games, it will be the gameplay itself that will end up influencing my decision. I'll have a closer look on youtube later on.

And while I really like the idea of Shin Megami Tensei, I really dislike the fact that there aren't any "real" Social Links in the other games outside of the Persona series.

It's not even that hard to do; Yakuza and Grand Theft Auto have "Social Links", so maybe more games (not just the main SMT series, but other series as well) should have that idea implemented as well.

However, Persona is enough for me, since there's already so much to do. But in the future, I want more games to have this feature.

I'd like one of the future Arkham games to allow the player to balance the life between Bruce Wayne and Batman. The stakes would be much higher if that ever happened.

Anyway, that's just one example. Almost any superhero game (not to mention crime and AC games) should be able to have social links. It would end up improving the game overall.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.

The only game of the main series that has been released outside Nintendo consoles was Nocturne. I, II, if... and Strange Journey were released on Nintendo first. Devil Summoner series (Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers and Raidou Kuzonoha) were released on Sony/Sega consoles first. Avatar Tuner (Digital Devil Saga) in PS2 only. Megami Ibonroku series are divided in Persona series (5 main games and 6 remakes/ports), Sony consoles only and Devil Survivor (2 main games and 2 remakes/ports) in 3/DS only. There's P4 Arena too in 360 and PS3. The rest aren't worth the mention, in my opinion.

As you may see, almost all games were released in Sony first (or at least they got a version after) and the Persona series were always Sony exclusives. If SMTIV is being released in 3DS instead of Vita is most likely because 3DS is way too ahead in sells.
And while I really like the idea of Shin Megami Tensei, I really dislike the fact that there aren't any "real" Social Links in the other games outside of the Persona series.

It's not even that hard to do; Yakuza and Grand Theft Auto have "Social Links", so maybe more games (not just the main SMT series, but other series as well) should have that idea implemented as well.
I don't see any reason to put Social Links in the main series. P1 and P2 IS/EP don't even use them, they would completely broke the passing and the atmosphere. In P3 and P4 you can see the daily lives of every character aside from the action, in the main series the characters don't have that much time to interact with others since they are always fighting demons or they are just in a mission. For example, it is mentioned that the protagonist of Strange Journey is more closer to demons that the humans in his crew.

Since Persona is just a spin-off of the main series I think the mechanics and themes should stay there.

Top Bottom