• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[POLL] Best scene in Devil May Cry

Vote

• You don't have a soul

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dante's awakening

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Jackpot

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Bravo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noone can have this

• Do i know you?

• The King

• Summon and Kill

• One more Game

• Make Time

• Feather

• Yamato

• Might controlls everything

• Stand back

• Thank You Mother

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

dmc4 was a lazy story with good things here and there. We never got to see what Dante was thinking in mid of all the chaos.
All we saw was Dante do this, that, say this and that.

He reminds me alot of Kyouraku Shunsei.
When things weren't so chaotic he was relaxing, but once thing got bad he steps up to help out.

Dante didn't have to watch out for Nero.
He could just go relax in his shop after the second fight with Nero.
But what did Dante do? He stayed around to help Nero.

Hell...Dante was watching Nero from beginning of game:
3:36

So i am sorry that you are like "Why you joke so much Dante?".
But he is a supporting character in 4, and if one thing we know with dmc it is that things are implied. We must think for ourself.
And in midst of all this , ocasionally cool stuff are mixed into it.
dmc4 Dante is far from immature. He just doesn't like to be a drama queen, and i think that is a good quality.
But you can't simple conclude that Dante is immature in 4. He was pretty responsible.

Now enuff with talking about dmc4 Dante.

I call him TrollDante for a reason.

Thank you :D

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Hm, that reminds me: I quite liked the scene in which Nero gets his DT and starts talking like Vergil/Sparda.
Still, probably would go with Jackpot; it's great to see Dante and Vergil fight side by side with each other's weapons.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
he wasn't acting like an immature cynical troll like he was in the entire game.

Actually he was alright in the beginning...but then he spoke and that's where it went downhill for him.

dmc4 was a lazy story with good things here and there. We never got to see what Dante was thinking in mid of all the chaos.
All we saw was Dante do this, that, say this and that.

Dante didn't have to watch out for Nero.
He could just go relax in his shop after the second fight with Nero.
But what did Dante do? He stayed around to help Nero.

You mean when he just stood there and watched Nero get ingested by the Savior without doing a damn thing about saving him?

yep, he sure helped him out that time.

But he is a supporting character in 4, and if one thing we know with dmc it is that things are implied. We must think for ourself.

So Dante should have at least been a little more mature since this is a few years after DMC1.

dmc4 Dante is far from immature. He just doesn't like to be a drama queen, and i think that is a good quality.

Doesn't like to be a drama queen huh?

I beg to differ.
But you can't simple conclude that Dante is immature in 4. He was pretty responsible.

:D

As responsible as a clumsy anime girl trying not to be clumsy.:/

IncarnatedDemon

How does Dante chosing to not give Nero a hand when he is being taken into Savior make him immature?
We don't know why Dante didn't help him out. And Nero went into savior with a middle finger pointing up to Dante.
Not saying "Nero showed him the finger, Dante shuidnt help him out", i am saying...where there really big danger?

And how does Dante having fun acting make him a drama queen?

A drama queen is someone whos like "OMG wer screwed omg my life! omg omg omg omg"!
short: a drama queen is someone who makes drama.
Dante having fun acting is not drama. Even Agnus was acting in that particular scene...

I really don't understand why your argumenting for Dante being immature in 4.
If you joke alot, it doesn't mean your immature.

at 8:20, Dante sends Yamato to Nero to help him:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You mean when he just stood there and watched Nero get ingested by the Savior without doing a damn thing about saving him?

Dante also knew Nero would survive and kick Sanctus's ass in the end. He would've helped Nero if he thought he was in real danger - as he did when humans were dying in the streets and he asked Trish to save as many as possible. But he wasn't in danger, which is why they did their whole 'cool talk' routine, with Nero flipping him off. It's not that hard to figure out.

So Dante should have at least been a little more mature since this is a few years after DMC1.

He 'should have been' nothing. This is just what we got. However, I think his personality makes sense considering DMC3. DMC1 was developed by different people and featured a different Dante. DMC is not so much a series in terms of story as it is a series of unrelated/vaguely related plots.

Doesn't like to be a drama queen huh? =>
(Agnus and Dante drama play scene)
- I beg to differ.

Yes, but that's not actual drama in the sense that no one was in danger, and nothing bad happened. Besides, that was an intentional drama play acted out by Dante and Agnus. Like IncarnatedDemon said, that was not drama, it was Dante (and Agnus) having fun doing a spoof on a drama performance.

I don't see how being cynical and making all kinds of jokes and taunting enemies is 'immature' either. Dante just knows his limits, he knows how to push demons' buttons and it's just his character. This is who he is, and to be honest, I find saying 'F you' repeatedly and jokes about how large your d*** is much more immature than this. If you're going to criticize DMC4 Dante, don't forget DMC3 Dante. No offense, just my views.

DragonMaster2010

How does Dante chosing to not give Nero a hand when he is being taken into Savior make him immature?

Not immature. I meant responsible for his possible only family. You'd think he'd be a bit more worried about losing the only family he would probably ever see again.

We don't know why Dante didn't help him out. And Nero went into savior with a middle finger pointing up to Dante.
Not saying "Nero showed him the finger, Dante shuidnt help him out", i am saying...where there really big danger?

Like said, this IS the last bit of family he happened to find. I just think he should have really tried to save him or something.

And how does Dante having fun acting make him a drama queen?

Because there's time to have fun, and time when there's a giant demon apocalypse you just came from that needs to be taken care of before the people are slaughtered, because Y'know, just because they escaped the city doesn't mean those demons aren't gonna find him.

A drama queen is someone whos like "OMG wer screwed omg my life! omg omg omg omg"!
short: a drama queen is someone who makes drama.
Dante having fun acting is not drama. Even Agnus was acting in that particular scene...

Then I apologize...I mean over-dramatic...or in other words;

I really don't understand why your argumenting for Dante being immature in 4.
If you joke alot, it doesn't mean your immature.

Again I apologize. I just don't see Dante as someone of a serious or deep person in DMC4. Just a joke, and a bit immature.
at 8:20, Dante sends Yamato to Nero to help him:

Nero: "Oh wow, thanks for almost stabbing me in the face with that sword you sent my way."

Dante also knew Nero would survive and kick Sanctus's ass in the end. He would've helped Nero if he thought he was in real danger - as he did when humans were dying in the streets and he asked Trish to save as many as possible. But he wasn't in danger, which is why they did their whole 'cool talk' routine, with Nero flipping him off. It's not that hard to figure out.

True, but still its the fact that you're letting someone get digested into a giant demon statue that you know will be a bitch to destroy...and you just sit there and f*ck around.

He 'should have been' nothing. This is just what we got.

So? Why should I accept what I got?

However, I think his personality makes sense considering DMC3. DMC1 was developed by different people and featured a different Dante. DMC is not so much a series in terms of story as it is a series of unrelated/vaguely related plots.

I know this, but come on, if the anime can keep Dante's character from DMC1 in tact, why can't DMC4 do the same?

Yes, but that's not actual drama in the sense that no one was in danger, and nothing bad happened.

So the hell gate being opened and millions of demons pouring out and killing people along with a psychotic pope riding a giant lazer shooting demon statue is "nothing bad"?

Besides, that was an intentional drama play acted out by Dante and Agnus. Like IncarnatedDemon said, that was not drama, it was Dante (and Agnus) having fun doing a spoof on a drama performance.
Raising_eyebrow.gif

So...basically Dante (and Agnus) being stupid...as usual.

I don't see how being cynical and making all kinds of jokes and taunting enemies is 'immature' either.

There's a difference between taunting demons and spending time reenacting a terrible parody of Shakespeare while demons are killing everyone.

Dante just knows his limits, he knows how to push demons' buttons and it's just his character. This is who he is, and to be honest, I find saying 'F you' repeatedly and jokes about how large your d*** is much more immature than this.

Oh here we go. Every time. Where did I even say anything about DmC? Just becase I said DMC4 Dante was immature you suddenly bring DmC's two scenes that were small jokes and not drawn out farther then needed.

If you're going to criticize DMC4 Dante, don't forget DMC3 Dante. No offense, just my views.

At least DMC3 Dante had an excuse; he was a young frat boy goof who knew nothing about what he was getting himself into.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yes, but that's not actual drama in the sense that no one was in danger, and nothing bad happened.

So the hell gate being opened and millions of demons pouring out and killing people along with a psychotic pope riding a giant lazer shooting demon statue is "nothing bad"?

I was referring to the drama play reenactment.

At least DMC3 Dante had an excuse; he was a young frat boy goof who knew nothing about what he was getting himself into.

But he pretty much stayed like that throughout the game, just like how he doesn't act serious in DMC4 either. This is who he is, there's no way around that.

Oh here we go. Every time. Where did I even say anything about DmC? Just becase I said DMC4 Dante was immature you suddenly bring DmC's two scenes that were small jokes and not drawn out farther then needed.

You didn't; I decided to bring it up myself. I didn't even imply you said anything about DmC, so please don't start this nonsense again. If you misread it, I apologize. Anyway, I think it's a pretty decent comparison. These are not just jokes; they sort of show what Dante is like, just like with DMC4.

Oh, and about Dante not being helpful when Nero got absorbed: don't you think he did that on purpose? He probably already knew the Savior was only destructible from the inside. Aside from that, Sanctus is inside it, so there's no sense in keeping Nero outside of it.

DragonMaster2010

Oh. Then allow me to use it again in this way; How can you be choosing now to be a joker when people are suffering with a demon apocalypse outside?

But he pretty much stayed like that throughout the game, just like how he doesn't act serious in DMC4 either. This is who he is, there's no way around that.

Not necessarily;

Even though DMC3 Dante was written with a one track mind for the most part, he at least had his small batch moments were he did become serious about things, meanwhile DMC4 Dante had about 2 serious moments.

You didn't; I decided to bring it up myself. I didn't even imply you said anything about DmC, so please don't start this nonsense again. If you misread it, I apologize. Anyway, I think it's a pretty decent comparison. These are not just jokes; they sort of show what Dante is like, just like with DMC4.

But there's a difference between just saying f*ck you and recreating an entire play of an actual good play and making it an insulting copy just to get a cheap laugh.

Oh, and about Dante not being helpful when Nero got absorbed: don't you think he did that on purpose? He probably already knew the Savior was only destructible from the inside. Aside from that, Sanctus is inside it, so there's no sense in keeping Nero outside of it.

So what was the point of Dante saying "Cause I'm about to send this guy on a one way rip to hell" implying he COULD have killed off Sanctus himself, but didn't simply because he wanted to show his mouth off.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
So what was the point of Dante saying "Cause I'm about to send this guy on a one way rip to hell" implying he COULD have killed off Sanctus himself, but didn't simply because he wanted to show his mouth off.

I think the whole point was to have Nero kill Sanctus. I don't know in which mission he said that, but he was probably referring to the exterior of the Savior. You do get to shatter the Savior's crystals, after all. Sanctus was Nero's job.

Oh. Then allow me to use it again in this way; How can you be choosing now to be a joker when people are suffering with a demon apocalypse outside?

Doesn't this count for almost every DMC game? You're acting like DMC4 is the first to do this. In DMC3, why taunt Cerberus when people are undoubtedly being killed by the demons coming out of the Temen-Ni-Gru? Why take your time when Mary (Lady) could be in dire straits? Besides, that wasn't quite the point, was it? You and somebody else were arguing that the way Dante acts in DMC4 is immature and/or stupid, because you think his jokes themselves are immature, not how he takes his time or how he acts toward humans.

Not necessarily;
(Videos of last missions with Dante in DMC3)

Even though DMC3 Dante was written with a one track mind for the most part, he at least had his small batch moments were he did become serious about things, meanwhile DMC4 Dante had about 2 serious moments.

I believe somebody else (IncarnatedDemon, perhaps) had already given four or five examples of him acting seriously. Besides, aren't these videos you showed two serious moments? So you're trying to prove a point, but instead show that DMC3 had about as many serious Dante moments as DMC4.

there's a difference between just saying f*ck you and recreating an entire play of an actual good play and making it an insulting copy just to get a cheap laugh.

I don't know which play you're referring to (The Divine Comedy?), as I never watch actual drama plays, but yes, I think the ''f*** you'' variety is more intellectually insulting than what DMC4 did. I'd say 'f*** you' is as much, if not more of a cheap laugh than the DMC4 play is (and I didn't even find it funny). At least if it's based on an actual play, you'd have to know the original play to get the joke.
And with that, I will leave this debate, because I have no interest in flaming (as there's a good chance that will happen just because somebody else may disagree or be insulted by either of our views).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
He does admit in the end that he was helping him only because he had business with savior not because he wanted to help nero personally.

That means he was just doing that for money..
hqdefault.jpg
not much but still.
>And Nero went into savior with a middle finger pointing up to Dante.
That's the only moment when i really liked nero.. for giving dante what he deserves.. that redeemed his character from all the cliched romance b.s.
>And how does Dante having fun acting make him a drama queen?
There's a difference between "having fun" and "Being an immature clown"
>If you joke alot, it doesn't mean your immature.
No you're ignoring the context.. if you joke around in a supposedly serious situation YOU ARE IMMATURE !

Would you joke around when people are dying ? I won't but dante certainly would because he's so kawaii right ?

Townspeople_of_Fortuna.jpg

AWW isn't that Cute ? A little kid is going to be killed by demons or worse is already a demon who'll be gleefully slayed by dante with a smirk on his face.

OUR HERO FOLKS !

IncarnatedDemon

He does admit in the end that he was helping him only because he had business with savior not because he wanted to help nero personally.
No, this is your interpretation of it. Other interpretations for why Dante chose to help Nero out is because of Yamato and Sparda.
Dante did not say "I only helped you because of my own reasons".
What did he say "Don't sweat it, i had my reasons for helping". This means Dante helped Nero for many reasons, one of them could be what i mentioned above.

And let's just assume (because i seriously don't believe it) that Dante did it SOLEY or primarily for money. He saved people and helped Nero for money.
Why did he not complain and instead said "We take what we can get" in the extra ending?
0:49

That's the only moment when i really liked nero.. for giving dante what he deserves.. that redeemed his character from all the cliched romance b.s.
Irelevant comment. I'll ignore it.

There's a difference between "having fun" and "Being an immature clown"
Point me to specific scenes where you think Dante is immature.

No you're ignoring the context.. if you joke around in a supposedly serious situation YOU ARE IMMATURE !
Would you joke around when people are dying ? I won't but dante certainly would because he's so kawaii right ?
Trish and Mary was put on job to kill lesser demons. While Nero to kill Sanctus with Dante supporting him.
Dante's job was to look after Nero and ensure Sanctus was defeated.

If Dante wasn't around, Nero would have died. Sanctus would have won.
Remember it was Dante who shot Yamato into Savior for Nero? Remember that?
It was Dante who told Nero "Wake up!".

AWW isn't that Cute ? A little kid is going to be killed by demons or worse is already a demon who'll be gleefully slayed by dante with a smirk on his face.
OUR HERO FOLKS !
Dante killed people who was evil. Sanctus and his accomplices.
Show me a scene where Dante is killing a innocent person? If you can't show me one single scene, then i suggest that you stop making bs accusation that Dante would kill innocent people.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

hqdefault.jpg
not much but still.

Then he could've let Nero die, right? I mean, he could've taken on the Savior by himself. Only he didn't. Like IncarnatedDemon said, ''Don't sweat it, i had my reasons for helping". This means Dante helped Nero for many reasons, one of them could be what i mentioned above. Besides, Dante generally doesn't do things for money. He hunts demons because he likes it, not because he's going to get rich doing it. He does need to support his Devil May Cry agency, though.

>If you joke alot, it doesn't mean your immature.
No you're ignoring the context.. if you joke around in a supposedly serious situation YOU ARE IMMATURE!

No, it means you make light of the situation, which can be considered a mature way of coping with things. Or not - it depends on which side of the issue you want to take. In the end, just because you feel it seems immature doesn't mean it is. We all have different opinions on this. We can't assume Dante left people to die, either. I mean, Trish came along, and Lady may have helped out, too. We just don't know.

Aside from that, I find your tone to be a bit odd, especially considering you don't know the meaning of the word 'kawaii'. You seem to have an aversion to Japanese characters and style, which makes it impossible to discuss this factually/objectively with you in the first place.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
No, this is your interpretation of it.
Interpretation ?? excuse me i'm quoting dante right from the game !
>"I only helped you because of my own reasons" "Don't sweat it, i had my reasons for helping".
Both sound exactly the same for me its just dante admitting that he wasn't there for nero but for his money.
>He saved people and helped Nero for money.
Nero was saving fortuna people with other order members but Dante wasn't he only came because trish stole his sword.. otherwise he would've never cared about nero or sanctus.
>Why did he not complain and instead said "We take what we can get" in the extra ending?
Because he doesn't give a f**k that's why ! he doesn't care if he's a broke,deadbeat no good idiot putzing around with his devil arms around making sexual innuendos.
>Irelevant comment. I'll ignore it.
Funny you just acknowledged it.
>Point me to specific scenes where you think Dante is immature.
Every scene in DMC 4 -_- except for maybe the ending.
>Dante's job was to look after Nero and ensure Sanctus was defeated.
Look after nero ? lol wut ? his only concern was yamato and Force Edge..
>If Dante wasn't around, Nero would have died. Sanctus would have won.
No.. Dante did not help nero he just let him have yamato that's not "help" in my book.. for it to be a help dante should helping him fighting sanctus or any other boss but nero fought all his battles alone.
>It was Dante who told Nero "Wake up!".
Wow that was really a great help -_- would it have killed dante to actually go inside and save him instead ?
>Show me a scene where Dante is killing a innocent person?
Demons were killing the forutna residents and dante was still being carefree despite a whole town possibility in the verge of destruction.
>Dante would kill innocent people
I never said he would kill innocent but he would kill demons who were innocent people before.
it means you make light of the situation, which can be considered a mature way of coping with things
Oh really ?? I remember the last time i was laughing at holocaust videos.
>You seem to have an aversion to Japanese characters and style
WTF ? where are you making these asinine claims from ? my all time fav anime is Rurouni kenshin and he's a character who mostly masks his tragedy by being a lighthearted funny person but when times get serious HE GETS SERIOUS ! unlike some p!ece of sh!t character i know >
images

>especially considering you don't know the meaning of the word 'kawaii"
Wait...how do you know i don't ? i take offense to your radical assumptions about me ! what if i assume that you haven't passed high school ? or you're just a 5 yr old ? would you like that ?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
>"I only helped you because of my own reasons" "Don't sweat it, i had my reasons for helping".
Both sound exactly the same for me its just dante admitting that he wasn't there for nero but for his money.

It seems you also don't know what quoting is. If he didn't say it, then you're not ''quoting Dante right from the game''. Fact is, that line can be interpreted in many ways. Just because you chose to interpret it in one way doesn't mean all the other interpretations evaporate.

Nero was saving fortuna people with other order members but Dante wasn't he only came because trish stole his sword.. otherwise he would've never cared about nero or sanctus.

Trish had been bringing them all kinds of devil arms from Dante's agency. You can't seriously think he just went ''whatever'' and let her take them? All of this was pre-planned. They did it to see whether or not the Order was evil or was going to abuse the devil arms. Dante attacks Sanctus in the beginning of the game.
Sanctus said ''she once brought us the sword Sparda'', once meaning it had probably been a while before the events of the game.

>Why did he not complain and instead said "We take what we can get" in the extra ending?
Because he doesn't give a f**k that's why ! he doesn't care if he's a broke,deadbeat no good idiot putzing around with his devil arms around making sexual innuendos.

Wait, first you say he does all of it for money, then you say he doesn't care if he's broke? Anyway, chances are he already expected he wasn't going to get much money, as he didn't seem phased by it at all.

>Point me to specific scenes where you think Dante is immature.

Again, that's an opinion.

>Dante's job was to look after Nero and ensure Sanctus was defeated.

Sure, Dante's so heartless and stupid he's going to give the Order his devil arms on purpose, then take them back again. Maybe he had planned to defeat Sanctus himself before the game started, I don't know, but in the end he let Nero defeat him. Would've gone a lot faster if he just took his weapons and left, instead of trying to disable the Savior to help Nero defeat it from the inside.

>If Dante wasn't around, Nero would have died. Sanctus would have won.
No.. Dante did not help nero he just let him have yamato that's not "help" in my book.. for it to be a help dante should helping him fighting sanctus or any other boss but nero fought all his battles alone.

The Savior? Also, he permanently defeated all the demons that escaped from Nero: Berial, Echidna, Dagon, pretty much all of them.

>It was Dante who told Nero "Wake up!".
Wow that was really a great help -_- would it have killed dante to actually go inside and save him instead ?

Wasn't the Savior impenetrable? Only Sanctus could go inside. Nero got inside by being absorbed. I guess Dante could let himself get absorbed, but I think he let Nero get absorbed to make Nero stronger. After all, this happened after Nero was unable to beat Dante and noticed Dante had hardly broken a sweat. That's where the 'student/master relationship' started. Dante is strong enough as it is.
Anyway, that's all I have to say about this. Got to get to homework.

IncarnatedDemon

No, both does not sound exactly the same.
One statement "I only helped you because of my own reasons" is selfish
Other statement "Don't sweat it, i had my reasons for helping" is honest and selfless.

One cares about his or her own interest, and noone elses.
Other statement cares about both his own and others interest.

And you haven't even proved that money was the primary reason for Dante to help out. There are more reasons for him to help out.

1. Nero is a good guy and he wanted to be like a big brother to him
2. Sparda was being worshiped, Sparda his father, and his brother's sword was being used
3. He doesn't want world to turn into demon ville

If money was all Dante cared about and was the primary reason why Dante went and helped out, then...wouldn't he:
1. Get more money by charging more for his service
2. or Destroy world and become ruler
No, Dante's reason(s) for helping out are because of Nero, his family business and the fact Dante is a compassionate individual.
Money was least on his mind.

Actually he told Mary that if things went wrong with The Order, he would step up and deal with them.
LADY: Peaceful worship can't be condemned, but the real problem is the Order.
Lately they've been running amok, catching demons and have even butted in
on some of my jobs.

DANTE: Maybe they're starting a zoo.

LADY: Not just demons. They've also been targeting Devil Arms, like the ones
you have.

DANTE: OK then, a museum. So what?

LADY: Well what if their intentions are foul and there's a diabolical plan
behind these apparently random acts?

DANTE: Well then I'd have something to keep me occupied and- Trish!

So your telling me Dante helped Nero and Fortuna for money, but reason why he didn't complain when his group got little money for their work is because he doesn't care about being broke?
If he doesn't care about being broke, how is money the primary factor to why Dante helped out.
Your contradicting yourself...

Point to them, and tell me why you think they are immature. I won't go around guessing/assuming.
Name three scenes and why you think they are immature.

If that was true, he would have taken Yamato from Nero, get Force Edge and then go home. But he did none of those. He let Nero keep using Yamato, and helped him out when he was in deep sh1t.
And at end he even gave Yamato to Nero.

There is a reason Nero is the protaganist. And Dante fought Savior on outside while Nero dealt with Sanctus on the inside.

My point with he called Nero out is that Dante intentions was to help Nero. And he did help him, he shot Yamato to him.

Demons were killing the forutna residents and dante was still being immature despite a whole town possibility in the verge of
destruction.
What scene are you thinking of? Show me what one in a video please.

I never said he would kill innocent but he would kill demons who were innocent people before.
That's a fair argument. As i think there is a possibility that some of the Order members who became demons could been good people.
As credo, even though was "evil", was a pretty nice guy.
But i don't think they were very innocent, the fodder order members who Dante killed, because what kind of innocent people would want to become a demon for power?
Plus we dont know how much they knew about Sanctus plan.

Top Bottom