• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PlayStation or Xbox?

CIAdevil

Devil Dante
I was thinking to better buy Xbox since is cheaper and it has more games.

But the main reason will be that is cheaper

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
CIAdevil;81085 said:
WoW, Thank you very much for your answers. Seems like i will go for the ps3 since i have a lot of ps2 and ps1 games and is all compatable with the ps3 and this is all about DMC so I will have DMC, DMC2, DMC3 and DMC4 is playstation. I belive DMC was born in Playstation 2 so i will stick with ps3 and save my self from buying an extra expensive dvd for the blue ray movies :) and since i have a pretty decent computer I will play the rest of the games in my pc :)

A wise decision, though if you had a Playstation 2 it'd make sense to go with PS3 for backwards compatibility ( as you stated games), the 60GB version has backwards compatibility they don't all have like the cheaper 40GB, rumour going around about Sony fixing it soon through Updates through Net, wouldn't hold my breath! seen an interview with Sony saying there happy with the 40GB sales ( sells the most due to price ), There's 3 versions of PS3 40GB, 60GB, 80GB ask in shop which has backwards compatibility as far as I know only the 60GB has ( thats the one I choose, no problems playing PS2 games, haven't tried PS1games except for Wipe Out which I bought on Playstation Store ( online shop )

Anyone with Playstation 3 should read this !!!!!!!

Also discovered if your mates have PS3 get them to put their profiles on your PS3 ( usernames & Psn names & email addresses ) I did it with my mates, heres the beauty of it, when they buy anything from the Playstation store its yours for free includes games & game upgrades its cheating ( so what ) if their profiles are on your PS3 all you do is go to Playstation store logged in as one of your mates then go to View Downloads ( top of page ) download what you want, go back out and wait for it to download, usually you'd go to install after downloading but instead log your mates profile off logging your own back in, now go to install game and its yours ( I only paid for 1 game since I found out, got new upgrade called Broken Mirrors for Warhwk, Tekken DR, all free of course, the only thing you can't download is the actual Warhawk game, well it does download it but you can't play it, something to do with it being a different profile to yours though buy it and get Omega pack & Broken Mirrors for nothing . Sony gave you the ability of logging your mates profiles so your mates wouldn't ruin your score in games but I like to think there generous as well, Ha, Ha. Bet you can't do that with an Xbox, Ha, Ha.

evilweevle

but then again only the 60 gig ps3 is backwards compatible now so dont count on being able to play them on a 40, plus not all games work 100% either, some have dodgy emulation issues so i wouldnt count on all your old games working either, i say if u want to play ps2 games then just keep your ps2 in all honesty.

base your descision on a console for the games u wanna play and nothing else, obviously if u cant live without Gran Turismo 5 get a ps3, and if like me you think that metal gear, GT and final fantasy are overrated then an xbox will do you fine.

the one thing im concerned about with ps3 is that the bluray drive is very slow loading, and future games will need substantial installations if the game worlds are going to be bigger, with better graphics, textures etc, just to keep the games loading fast. i can see that in a couple of years that 60gig hard drive wont be big enough especially when some really incredible games start coming out for it ina couple of years.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
aka958;80997 said:
well i prefer Xbox360 , sure they talk alot about the 3 red rings or something but what the hell?!??! it has never happened to me, the only game that have been stoped in gameplay was the one that i losed and found on the ground a week later :) and you got achivements its super COOL..... it got superb Games to (ps3 got some cool games too but not like Xbox360) example : Lost Planet, Turok, Bioschock and much much more!

Lost Planet is on the PS3 as well, the demo is available to download on the Playstation store now. Bioshock is also rumoured to be coming to the PS3. Anyway, I prefer the PS3. When you install it you get barely any loading times and the graphics are slightly better.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have PS3 and don't need XBOX 360. I have PC. Will always be better.

Top Bottom