• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Playing as Vergil

It seems it's actually possible to use him, I found a way to switch costumes/controls but when I use Vergils presets I get a black screen when in game. Has anyone else messed with this?

Update: His moves, styles, character template and main menu is in the game already. Possibly from the patch, it looks as if he has his own demon/angel moves though. Still haven't found out how to switch him with Dante though.

Update2: Bloodypalace is also in there...
;+DifficultyInfo = (DifficultyName="BloodyPalaceTab", DifficultyDescription="BloodyPalaceDescription", GameMode="DevilMayCry");

I tried removing the ; to un-comment the line but it doesn't show up in-game, I'll have a mess around.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Those files are probably there so that the patch process won't cause too many problems when the full dlc rolls in.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Exciting stuff, KF! Reckon you might be able to work your magic and unlock the Bloody Palace and/or Vergil DLC prior to the official launch?

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
This is exactly what I've been wanting from the start,and made a whole thread about.If someone manages to swap him for vergil before dlc launch,it would be beyond epic,I would happily alpha test it.

And yeah,his model,animations and all that is in the game as I suspected,I mean you battle him after all,even the exclusive boss moves such as blocking and parrying.

Exciting stuff, KF! Reckon you might be able to work your magic and unlock the Bloody Palace and/or Vergil DLC prior to the official launch?
It's possible, but whether or not I'm capable of doing it I have no idea lol...

This is exactly what I've been wanting from the start,and made a whole thread about.If someone manages to swap him for vergil before dlc launch,it would be beyond epic,I would happily alpha test it.

And yeah,his model,animations and all that is in the game as I suspected,I mean you battle him after all,even the exclusive boss moves such as blocking and parrying.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini

Search for: [NTGameFramework.NTPlayerStart]
You'll see the setups for using Dante, in the first line it links to his mesh, controls, animations and stuff. Then below it has Vergils in the actual player setup, then 3 mods for Dante which is his DLC and then it has the ones for cutscenes which include Kat, Phineas, Rage and Warrior. So it seems strange Vergil is in the playable section.

Now head over to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Config\DefaultUI.ini

This is just text variables so nothing will happen here but if you search for:
[DevilGame.DVGFxMovieHandler_Frontend_Callbacks]

You will see the following:
IntroMapName = "Ch00_Cityscape_Main"
DojoMapName = "Dojo_Standalone"
StartMissionCheckpointName = "PreviousMissionComplete"
VergilMainMenuMapName = "MainMenu_Startup_Vergil"

Scroll down a little to find this:
;+DifficultyInfo = (DifficultyName="SecretMissionsTab", DifficultyDescription="SecretMissionDescription", GameMode="DevilMayCry");
;+DifficultyInfo = (DifficultyName="BloodyPalaceTab", DifficultyDescription="BloodyPalaceDescription", GameMode="DevilMayCry");
They are both commented out so they do not appear, changing the comment symbol doesn't do anything though so to access BP you must have to change a command in another config file. I can't remember what file it was in since I was half asleep whilst doing this but there's a .upk file that contains most of the models and assetts and inside is some of Vergils stuff including his move list which I wont post for the sake of spoilers.

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
If only the game was made in MT framework engine,like DMC 4,it would have been easier, for me at least, to mess around with the game files more and maybe somehow get to the bottom of this,but I'll experiment for now.

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
OK,I've got my hands on the tools to extract and decompress .upk files,as well as look at their code,the trick is to know which HEX value to edit though,on top of not knowing where vergil's stuff is.

UPDATE: I think I found it.Now I need some help editing this and putting all of this together to see what happens

OK,I've got my hands on the tools to extract and decompress .upk files,as well as look at their code,the trick is to know which HEX value to edit though,on top of not knowing where vergil's stuff is.

UPDATE: I think I found it.Now I need some help editing this and putting all of this together to see what happens
Follow the guide someone wrote for X-Com it's the same premise although if you get any errors try again since sometimes the tools corrupt, I think it might be because they are for another game and not DmC.

UPDATE: Looking through the DevilGame.upk the functions and class files are in there for Vergils moves, including a few that I thought were removed like Taunting...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Good luck, man. With you and KF on the case, methinks we'll be all playing as Vergil before the end of the week. ;)

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
Follow the guide someone wrote for X-Com it's the same premise although if you get any errors try again since sometimes the tools corrupt, I think it might be because they are for another game and not DmC.

UPDATE: Looking through the DevilGame.upk the functions and class files are in there for Vergils moves, including a few that I thought were removed like Taunting...
Yes,all sorts of goodies in the DevilGame.upk; summoned swords,blistering swords and........ storm swords?

And there's also this in the config

;+CharacterDescriptors=(FriendlyName="UseVergil", TargetPlayerControllerClass="DevilGame.DvPlayerController_Dante", Tags="Normal; NoCoat; WhiteHairPatch", ModCompatibility="Vergil", ReplacementPlayerControllerClass="VergilDLC.DvPlayerController_Vergil",

Yes,all sorts of goodies in the DevilGame.upk; summoned swords,blistering swords and........ embedded swords?

And there's also this in the config

;+CharacterDescriptors=(FriendlyName="UseVergil", TargetPlayerControllerClass="DevilGame.DvPlayerController_Dante", Tags="Normal; NoCoat; WhiteHairPatch", ModCompatibility="Vergil", ReplacementPlayerControllerClass="VergilDLC.DvPlayerController_Vergil",
I know, I found that earlier and posted it in the first post I think it was. So he's definitely in there just a question of how to activate him.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I know, I found that earlier and posted it in the first post I think it was. So he's definitely in there just a question of how to activate him.

27964504.jpg

As an update I've been looking through the .upk files, extracting them. I've found a few things but nothing seems to be working yet, I can confirm though that Vergil is definitely in the game he's just not been activated/unlocked yet. As for Bloody Palace I've found confirmation of it in the .ini but I haven't seen any mention in a few of the .upk files. I was a little busy tonight with helping a friend set a Minecraft server up so I'll take a good look tomorrow and hopefully find something. :)

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
I tried removing the ; to un-comment the line but it doesn't show up in-game, I'll have a mess around.
Try looking into NTGameFramework.upk to and find NTPlayerStart to un comment this somehow and get it to show ;+CharacterDescriptors=(FriendlyName="UseVergil", TargetPlayerControllerClass="DevilGame.DvPlayerController_Dante", Tags="Normal; NoCoat; WhiteHairPatch", ModCompatibility="Vergil", ReplacementPlayerControllerClass="VergilDLC.DvPlayerController_Vergil", ReplacementCharacterTemplate="Vergil_Archetypes.VergilPlayerCharacterTemplate")
I can't find it though

Top Bottom