• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

platinum games to develop dmc5 ?

hyped or not hyped is the question

• hyped!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • not hyped

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

No not hyped. I rather they give it to Shinji Mikami. I already saw what Kamiya would do with Dante *looks at Bayonetta* and i'm kind of glad he has no interest in DMC. Mikami in all his games have given his characters a bit of realism and world weariness that Dante has been severely lacking. Too bad Mikami is with his development house Tango and they were bought by Bethesda. I don't see Capcom calling him anytime soon.

I would say Vigil Games would be great to work on DMC, but you know how that went. From Software the guys who did Otogi might be good candidates. But, i really don't want Platinum games to be involved. They should work on there own stuff.
According to Kamiya the story of Bayonetta was not meant to be taken seriously.
I dont think Kamiya is bad at stories.

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
Kamiya is not a story writer tho. Also if he didn't want the story to be taken seriously then why are there so many long cutscenes in that game. Obviously Mikami's supervision of DMC1 made it special and not as obnoxiously annoying as Bayonetta came out to be. Bayonetta is a great game but i find Bayonetta herself insufferable and totally unlikable. But Kamiya doesn't like directing sequels to any of his games, so i'm pretty glad he has no interest whatsoever in the DMC franchise. He just like making games that he wants and they're mostly new games that aren't sequels.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Reasons why I'm hyped:
  1. I like DMC1 Dante the most. This is the Dante interpretation Kamiya did. And I find this Dante the best out of the rest of the "Dantes" that came after him. His personality (when to use the right emotions), his full suit, etc. (I would prefer Rebellion though as his weapon now that the Sword of Sparda belongs to Trish; let's see how he can interpret Dante's sword).
  2. The underworld is dark and creepy in terms of vibe.
  3. For its time, I kinda liked DMC1's story; although it is quite choppy.
  4. The demons look and feel menacing and disturbing too (kudos to DarkSlayerZero for this).
  5. Kamiya intended DMC not exactly as a series, but like the Final Fantasy series, where after every game after another has a different cast of characters. Now, I don't know about setting, but as long as demons are the main foes, then I'm really hyped!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I just want this done so that everything can go back to normal. And no campy kitsch, please. It needs to stay at DMC1 levels of seriousness.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I can see "maybe" a DMC/Bayonetta crossover somewhere but i don't see Platinum getting their hands on DMC.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'd love it if it was set after DMC2 and the story revolved around a resurrected sparda that went rogue and dante sacrifices himself to save everybody. nero marries kyrie and runs the DMC, trish runs off, lady goes about her business and lucia would ave died near the middle anyway.
gameplay should be like DMC3. music like DMC anime, demons that resemble DMC1 demons, and after the game, you should be able to take calls for services. also, unlockable skins.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'd be thrilled if P* was making DMC5, I wouldn't even have to research the game because I'd know they would make the extremely intense gameplay focused Devil May Cry game I've wanted since DMC4.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
i'd love it if it was set after DMC2 and the story revolved around a resurrected sparda that went rogue and dante sacrifices himself to save everybody. nero marries kyrie and runs the DMC, trish runs off, lady goes about her business and lucia would ave died near the middle anyway.
No offense but that sounds horrible :blink:.

though in all fairness i think its impossible to recreate the atmosphere of DMC1 simply because it was semi-resident evil which also has lost its way years ago.
Wow that's the best DMC1 trailer quality i've seen.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
It looks more confusing than Prometheus.

lucia calls dante and trish for help. they go help. they meet lady and nero at the city. its abandoned. then dante recognizes that this is the city where his mother died. and he goes to her grave. dante rages and comes to when he sees demons. theres a big fight then at the end one mutters "we fight for sparda" and then the game kick off. sometime later lucia sacrifices herself for the team and everybody books it. in the end the final confrontation with sparda, it is revealed that he was never really dead, but trapped in hell and wasn't able to escape until a few of his soldiers freed him. when he came back he found that eva and vergil were dead and that eva and vergil were long dead and vergil's power was being used as a bettery for humans. this outraged sparda and he turned against them finally "seeing what mundus was trying to tell him all along". so dante and sparda have a huge battle and dante sacrifices himself to kill sparda. in the end trish disappears, lady goes off to do her own thing, nero gets married to kyrie and starts running the devil may cry. the end

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
How does lucia know about trish and is trish even in contact with dante anymore ? did Dante return from hell ? what happened to him in hell ? what caused the once happy dude turn into a silent guy ? so many questions you'd have to answer before progressing the plot.

>They meet lady and nero at the city -- Reasons for their absence in DMC2 is needed

>Dante recognizes that this is the city where his mother died-- Dante has already gotten over this in DMC 3/1 no need to bring older plot points back agian.. its just pointless like kratos's family.

>dante rages when he sees demons--- This is out of character for dante he only got mad in DMC3 when he was young&brash dante post DMC 1 is a cool dude nothing can shake this guy.

>"we fight for sparda" and then the game kick off---- Sparda is a just a legend and i suppose he should be just left like that we already have had enough of sparda centric games. give us something new which doesn't have anything to do with sparda it only made sense in DMC3 because it was just between brothers who wanted power of their father.

>Sometime later lucia sacrifices herself--- Why bring her up if you're just gonna kill her ? its just pointless

>in the end the final confrontation with sparda----Making a supposedly legendary hero a simple boss ? i don't buy it i always see him as a legendary fighter who never lost to anyone and DmC game just disappointed me by making him lose to mundus

>trish disappears, lady goes off to do her own thing, nero gets married to kyrie----Like WTF was the point of these characters in the story ? they're just there ? that's my main problem with DMC4 Dante,trish&lady just seem to be "There" for the sake of it whereas the story was only about nero and kyrieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

>Dante sacrifices himself to kill sparda--Dante surpassed Sparda in DMC2 so even if they fight(very unlikely)sparda would lose.

>this outraged sparda and he turned against humans--the whole point of his character was about being more compassionate and by the looks of his dress he looks fairly intelligent so he wouldn't jump the gun he would do the same thing Dante does investigate and beat the bad guys.

If you pay close attention to DMC1 you'd realize how dante is almost the same as sparda as the various villains (even in DMC3) realize how close to sparda dante really is so expecting sparda going rogue is like expecting dante to go rogue.

Introduce another villains if you will... more ideas but please no going back.

Reasons why I'm hyped:
  1. I like DMC1 Dante the most. This is the Dante interpretation Kamiya did. And I find this Dante the best out of the rest of the "Dantes" that came after him. His personality (when to use the right emotions), his full suit, etc. (I would prefer Rebellion though as his weapon now that the Sword of Sparda belongs to Trish; let's see how he can interpret Dante's sword).
  2. The underworld is dark and creepy in terms of vibe.
  3. For its time, I kinda liked DMC1's story; although it is quite choppy.
  4. The demons look and feel menacing and disturbing too (kudos to DarkSlayerZero for this).
  5. Kamiya intended DMC not exactly as a series, but like the Final Fantasy series, where after every game after another has a different cast of characters. Now, I don't know about setting, but as long as demons are the main foes, then I'm really hyped!

I like everything that you said.
But ... the last part..I mean I'd still want Dante as a protagonist,and I don't want characters that will disappear so easily,especially if they make a good one,then I'll get attached to them.:'(
You can make a game or two about other character/s but I'd like it to stay focused on the main storyline and characters.

IncarnatedDemon

A virtue in human nature is temperance, and if your not familar with the word it means to take things with moderation. e.g eating 6 chocolate bars in a week is not moderation.
But eating one a week is.
Eat 6 bars in a week, you become fat, becoming fat is bad for your health. The taste of chocolate will be less stimulating as because you've been eating it alot.
Not to mention that your teeths will be affected.

Apply the same thing with Dante, if you see him alot you will grow tired of him.

So i am very positive to a new protaganist as long as i know Dante exists within the universe and is somewhere eating pizza and slaying demons.
Because i know i'll see that troll again.

And when you see Dante again...hype kicks in.
Since 2008, we have not seen Dante.
Will be awesome to see him again. Hopefully in a well developed game.
I dont want to see a rushed Dante again ever, even though i loved dmc4 Dante's trolling.

A virtue in human nature is temperance, and if your not familar with the word it means to take things with moderation. e.g eating 6 chocolate bars in a week is not moderation.
But eating one a week is.
Eat 6 bars in a week, you become fat, becoming fat is bad for your health. The taste of chocolate will be less stimulating as because you've been eating it alot.
Not to mention that your teeths will be affected.

Apply the same thing with Dante, if you see him alot you will grow tired of him.

So i am very positive to a new protaganist as long as i know Dante exists within the universe and is somewhere eating pizza and slaying demons.
Because i know i'll see that troll again.

And when you see Dante again...hype kicks in.
Since 2008, we have not seen Dante.
Will be awesome to see him again. Hopefully in a well developed game.
I dont want to see a rushed Dante again ever, even though i loved dmc4 Dante's trolling.

You got a point.

But if you get a Dante with a nice personality and also development in each game then personally,I wouldn't get tired,because it wouldn't be repetitive,but new situations and surroundings for the character.
I don't say Dante has to be the main character in each game,but I'd want him to stay as the main one.Just like in DMC4. It was fine having a new character with the action focusing on him,but the main protagonist remains the main protagonist.
Because the story revolves around that character,especially in DMC.

However,I'd be happy if there were to be many other characters.

IncarnatedDemon

You got a point.

But if you get a Dante with a nice personality and also development in each game then personally,I wouldn't get tired,because it wouldn't be repetitive,but new situations and surroundings for the character.
I don't say Dante has to be the main character in each game,but I'd want him to stay as the main one.Just like in DMC4. It was fine having a new character with the actions focusing on him,but the main protagonist is the main protagonist.
I'd like to see Dante as protaganist again but i dont know if it will be appropriate from a story perspective. By appropriate i mean ...why Dante as protaganist and not someone else?

Making a new story of "oh demons are attacking humans again, save us mr Dante", isnt that appealing in my opinion.

Maybe a game with Trish as protaganist, and we ocasionally see Dante pop in and out.
Or a game with Vergil.

Why Trish and Vergil?
1) Trish has barely gotten her own game (spin off), in my opinion she deserves it

2) Vergil = explain his character

Even a Lady game would be more appropriate than a Dante one in my opinion.

But honestly...Trish and Vergil is more important as they are two dangerous demons. And we need to know more about Trish :)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think I'd be hyped, as soon as I got confirmation that what I hoped DMC5 would look like sort of looks like that.
I think Platinum Games are the people to develop DMC5; they pretty much created DMC1, too, after all. What's ironic to me is that Bayonetta came closer to the feel or atmosphere of DMC than DmC: Devil May Cry did. I have no interest in a DmC2, but I wouldn't mind if it were released - I just wouldn't play it. Besides, he's not really Dante to me; he has a different personality, a different physical appearance, different clothing, different relationships... yeah, it's not Dante. ''Oh, but he still has some of the same attacks''. So? I could create a game not connected to DMC in any way, and put in the Stinger/Million Stab. Would that magically make the game Devil May Cry? No. This is exactly the type of weirdness you see in interviews with NT: the thought that Devil May Cry games should only have combo-based gameplay, and Dante, and that's it. ''There's your Devil May Cry. Don't mind all the changes; you've still got combos and a different version of Dante. Have fun!'' http://devilmaycry.org/687/score-ssstylish-exclusive-interview-ninja-theory.html

I don't mean disrespect to anyone, but Ninja Theory just isn't the type of developer to make a genuine DMC game. I wouldn't mind if DmC2 was released, but I think it's only fair that one last DMC be made, to finish the old series. I don't think Platinum Games would be interested, though. If I recall correctly, they said that DMC5 is not a game they'd work on - probably because they don't want to have anything to do with Capcom. If Kamiya has reconsidered, that's great. I think the series deserves one last game - one that stays true to the vibe of, say, DMC1. Maybe with a tiny bit of DMC3 in there. Only with DMC3/DMC4 gameplay.

Like MigsRZXAStylish said so excellently in his last post, the vibe is just great, the version of Dante is nice, the plot would be good enough, etc etc. I would want to see a sequel to DMC4, though. Somebody needs to explain where Nero came from, and he needs to get a full Devil Trigger form. Make him the most badass character you could think of. I know it can be done; I already managed to explain Nero without resorting to the 'He's Vergil's son' idea in the thread Nero's Origins: What do you Think? If I can do it, so can Capcom/Platinum Games.

Reactions: EnJ
Top Bottom