• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

platinum games to develop dmc5 ?

hyped or not hyped is the question

• hyped!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • not hyped

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

old twitter response from kamiya
sure, wer ready

so if pg was asked to make the gameplay for dmc5, and story was a collaboration between pg (kamiya made dante duuh) and itsuno with advice from a excellent writer (rihanna pratchet).
will you be hyped?
and it wont be a reboot, possibly further developing neros story.

it would be awesome. would love to see pg trying to make a nero or vergil gameplay. while itsuno, kamiya and rihanna collaborate on story.

why itsuno, kamiya and rihanna...
itsuno worked on previous games
kamiya ...he can be of use for the story and character
rihanna...to ask for guidance.

so yeah...a dmc5 made by pg with nero or vergil will be awesome. more worried about story.

Sunaka Marién

Not hyped, more worried. I'm sure the gameplay would be superb, but for some reason I can't get friends with platinums characters. Out of all their games I played, I couln't find a character I actually liked ._. So I'm really not sure if they'd be able to write Dante in a way I can like him, even with Itsuno's help, and if that were the case, I'd just be a big bad 'NOPE.'. Gotta admit I didn't play many of their games, though...
And if it was only about Nero and possibly Vergil, I'm not sure if I'd be interested at all :/
But then again, I could mean that we'd get back 1Dante, which would be awsome :3
But yeah, I'd be worried until the game was out.
It's never going to happen.:(
You can always dream~

IncarnatedDemon

I've said this before, I think it would work better if Mikami was added into the equation. It's his hand that gave DMC1 that ambiance it's so famuse for and his characters have that bravado that Dante got from him.
And ill continue agreeing with your wisdom! :)

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Anything related even slightly to nero is gonna bee a severe turn off.
the reason the last two games didnt become top tier DMC games is because it strays from the original protagonist ( at least in my opinion ).

Plus, nero sucks.
ping.php

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
old twitter response from kamiya
sure, wer ready

so if pg was asked to make the gameplay for dmc5, and story was a collaboration between pg (kamiya made dante duuh) and itsuno with advice from a excellent writer (rihanna pratchet).
will you be hyped?
and it wont be a reboot, possibly further developing neros story.

it would be awesome. would love to see pg trying to make a nero or vergil gameplay. while itsuno, kamiya and rihanna collaborate on story.

why itsuno, kamiya and rihanna...
itsuno worked on previous games
kamiya ...he can be of use for the story and character
rihanna...to ask for guidance.

so yeah...a dmc5 made by pg with nero or vergil will be awesome. more worried about story.
If "Rihanna" is involved and it's a failure, We'd have no option but to stand there and watch the series burn :p
( Sorry for being so lame )

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not hyped, more worried. I'm sure the gameplay would be superb, but for some reason I can't get friends with platinums characters. Out of all their games I played, I couln't find a character I actually liked ._. So I'm really not sure if they'd be able to write Dante in a way I can like him, even with Itsuno's help, and if that were the case, I'd just be a big bad 'NOPE.'.

Kamiya isn't a douche. He'd give us what we want. My faith in this guy is infallible. If he were to give us Dante, he'd give us the real deal, not some watered down version.

I'M HYPED!!!!!!
DO IT PG!

IncarnatedDemon

If "Rihanna" is involved and it's a failure, We'd have no option but to stand there and watch the series burn :p
( Sorry for being so lame )
Its fine, it was just a suggestion at the top of my head.

I think any fan of dmc who have above average story telling skills or skills related to a story can be a great asset to a dmc 5, but one important criteria for all the potential "story advisor" is that they must have a deep understand of all the four games.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The only thing I would worry about is;

1: Can Kamiya get back into the DMC1 vibe and not simply copy and paste his Bayo style onto DMC?
2: Can Kamiya actually write a DMC story? I played bayo, I was not impressed.
3: Though Bayo and MGR were slightly close to DMC, it still wasn't DMC, so can Kamiya really do the gameplay again?
4: Will Dante be like his DMC1 self, or a further continuation from his DMC1 self?
5: Would that mean Reuben Langdoon will have to work for PG to do DMC?

EnJ

Shade
I guess not. Until i see some trailers.
Just need to know what type of Dante and what type of gameplay they will make.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i would say that this would be a very good idea if one condition is met. for this to work Platinum games would need to acknowledge all the games in the franchise and continuing the storylines of all the games (explaining Nero, showing what happens after 2, and accepting 3 as Dante's origin instead of the original idea). if Kamiya were to try to ignore or downplay events that happened after other people took over the series or bring back non-canon ideas of his i would recommend that he have no involvement in Devil May Cry at all (i would still recommend that Platinum develop the game in that case as long as they find a director that will acknowledge the current form of the series.)

IncarnatedDemon

i would say that this would be a very good idea if one condition is met. for this to work Platinum games would need to acknowledge all the games in the franchise and continuing the storylines of all the games (explaining Nero, showing what happens after 2, and accepting 3 as Dante's origin instead of the original idea). if Kamiya were to try to ignore or downplay events that happened after other people took over the series or bring back non-canon ideas of his i would recommend that he have no involvement in Devil May Cry at all (i would still recommend that Platinum develop the game in that case as long as they find a director that will acknowledge the current form of the series.)
I agree.

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
No not hyped. I rather they give it to Shinji Mikami. I already saw what Kamiya would do with Dante *looks at Bayonetta* and i'm kind of glad he has no interest in DMC. Mikami in all his games have given his characters a bit of realism and world weariness that Dante has been severely lacking. Too bad Mikami is with his development house Tango and they were bought by Bethesda. I don't see Capcom calling him anytime soon.

I would say Vigil Games would be great to work on DMC, but you know how that went. From Software the guys who did Otogi might be good candidates. But, i really don't want Platinum games to be involved. They should work on there own stuff.

Top Bottom