• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Phobias

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Now, for your entertainment, a list of my personal phobias!

Clowns. Had a scarring experience with a clown as a small child, and I will never under any circumstances find a clown funny.

Claustrophobia. I think this comes from years with a ~dysfunctional~ family, but I hate being confined. Crowds in particular.

Feet. No rational explanation. They're just creepy >.>

Osaka

trollololol
Master Vergil;301394 said:
Oh, and this was the bull frog trying to assault me that night:
african_bullfrog.jpg

I think it was only slightly smaller than that one, because it was HUGE.

Quite cute, menacing looking, but still cute lol.

Oh, and anything small and wriggly that will suck my blood or try to eat my flesh. If it does, I will kill it on sight.

Watching this vet program, on sky 3 I think, which had the vet popping out these maggots that were about the size of 10p's out of a hole in a dogs skin. Stomach churning indeed.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Very much so. I have this total... revulsion I guess, for other living things crawling on me or trying to use me so they can live. And I've never been able to hurt myself and I hate to see any wounds on myself. From my own POV, I am quite happy to eat other creatures so that I can live, but that's just nature for you. Horrible.

I remember I had a great time with this particular phobia when I was out trekking in the desert. Huge mosquitoes trying to get into my net, leeches in the wells. Blargh!

I'm not afraid of the usual phobia-inspiring creatures, spiders, moths, snakes, sharks, etc. We used to own a tarantula and quite a few reptiles/amphibs. I just don't like the creatures that make their living parasitically. I got to see a lot of those when I worked for a year in a hospital. *barf*

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
gotta agree with Lexy also, i do find parasitic creatures absolutely disgusting, mainly endo-parasites but their all horrible, i used to come across a lot in my old job too, if ever their was a wild caught animal, it was like a Christmas present filled with all sorts uragh gives me the heebee jeebees! :\

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well when Im younger I was afraid from dark but that ended easily. Now I have only hate for real blood and sight of this are disgusting me :(

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Isn't it odd how 'phobias' are said to be irrational fears?

A lot of phobias I have heard of or have myself I wouldn't call irrational at all. Fear of flying isn't irrational really - we weren't meant to fly, and it's a long way to the ground out of a plane. It's natural to be afraid of heights and falling because both of those things can end up as injury or death, and flying is related to those. Blood - indicates you or something/someone else is hurt, and it suggests injury or death, pain, or transmissable disease. And since many snakes are venomous, it's not daft to be afraid of them either. Necrotising poison isn't pleasant. . .

And the sea - I can't think of anything more alien to a human being than to be stuck in the middle of a vast ocean, when we can't survive floating in the water forever, can't breathe under it, and it is full of other creatures some of which might devour us.

And insects - they are just so strange to us, almost like little aliens. We know some of them will bite us, or sting us, and some of them are associated with death and decay and filth/disease. When I have a stick insect or something on my hand I'm not afraid of it, but it isn't exactly comfortable to have this bizzare armoured creature wandering about over my skin. And a fear of parasites is pretty justified, I think... some of them are not only super gross but fatal.

Some fears are definitely more strange though. Alfred Hitchcock had a fear of eggs. That's pretty weird. Or someone I know has a fear of balloons... there doesn't seem rational reasons for that.

And trypophobia (Google Image that and see if you have it!) is a weird one o_O

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
One word - or is it two words....

Belly Buttons - they gross me out, I wouldn't say it was a phobia as such, more of an ewwwwww! They are just awful! :(

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chaos Master;301630 said:
Phobias of blood, cockroaches, lizards, snakes, and heights.

Remind me never to invite you over to my house, cuz I've got a Burmese python who's still growing.

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;301681 said:
Remind me never to invite you over to my house, cuz I've got a Burmese python who's still growing.

That is f*cking awesome! I totally want a snake. <.<

_____

Onto phobias:

Immense fear when it comes to injections... Those needles. I just can't stand it. I'd rather get beaten, hitted, maced, scraped, you name it. As long as it just doesn't go in me! Oh god I hate needles...
Vaccinations are horrors that must be done. I get this date that in about two months I'll get an injection for the swine flu. I can't stop thinking of it, can't stop fearing it. The day of the injection is just getting closer and closer. ;_;

Aside from that, a huge fear of hospitals. I know what they do in there, cutting people and all that with a so clinically clean room that feels so dry and empty. Just waiting for the needles. ;_;
I can't stand watching an operation, I simply puke. It's disgusting. I never want to be operated at, I never want to get to the hospital. I hate medical stuff... I HATE IT! D:

Osaka

trollololol
Lexy;301635 said:
Some fears are definitely more strange though. Alfred Hitchcock had a fear of eggs. That's pretty weird. Or someone I know has a fear of balloons... there doesn't seem rational reasons for that.

I remember hearing that Peter Sellers had a fear of the colour purple, even going to the length of shutting down a day’s filming because an actress wore purple. Apparantly he associated the colour with death.

Top Bottom