• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Phineas

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
He must know a lot about the Nephilim.

Wonder what his purpose is? To guide Dante to his destiny?

He must know his father well. Maybe old friends?

What's the story? What's his connection?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
He was a friend of Sparda's imprisoned by Mundus in the Upturn level.

We don't know anything more about him than that right now o.o

Devil Player

He must know a lot about the Nephilim.

Wonder what his purpose is? To guide Dante to his destiny?

He must know his father well. Maybe old friends?

What's the story? What's his connection?

That's one of the most interesting things that keep me curious about the game...

He seems to be a demon. You see a video showing other demons attacking him. Why would demons attack another demon? Why would a demon help Dante?

Part of me believes that Phineas guy could indeed be Sparda in disguise. He is weak and needs help. Dante is the guy who will help his own father, without knowing that he was his father. Remember Onimusha Dawn of Dreams? Tenkai was Samanosuke Akeshi all the time.

Tthe only problem is that Phineas is a black guy, lol. Both Dante and Vergil are white guys. So, it wouldn't make sense. Well, it may be just a disguise, like Jester for Arkham.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think Phineas did know Sparda, and got mad when Sparda was locked away. That's why Phineas is being punished with the loss of his eye when Dante finds him. Phineas is also locked in Limbo as part of the punishment.
He does act like a guide to Dante, giving him advice after his eye is returned. He tells Dante to kill Lilith and the child and helps Dante get into Bob's news tower.

As for what will happen to Phineas later on, that is a mystery.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I think Phineas did know Sparda, and got mad when Sparda was locked away. That's why Phineas is being punished with the loss of his eye when Dante finds him. Phineas is also locked in Limbo as part of the punishment.
He does act like a guide to Dante, giving him advice after his eye is returned. He tells Dante to kill Lilith and the child and helps Dante get into Bob's news tower.

As for what will happen to Phineas later on, that is a mystery.
Maybe Phineas would be freed if Mundus was killed o.o you think?

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i think Phineas was much closer to Sparda than he implied. perhaps the two were close, so Phineas knew of Sparda and Eva before Mundus. as a result, when Mundus wanted Spardas location he went to phineas and tortured him by removing his eyes. then imprisoned him in bob barbasses realm where phineas fashioned his new eye.

he feels incredibly guilty for fighting nephilim back in the old days and even worse about what he did to Sparda. he sees helping Dante as a way of making it up to an old friend. and also wants revenge on Mundus.

He's a scholar his name being that of the seer in jason and the argonauts. perhaps he can see everything hence why mundus went to him. his physical attacks are probably nonexistant. but i imagine he has a lot of power i spells etc he just hasnt got it in him to use any out of guilt etc (theory)

Frazz

General gamer
That's one of the most interesting things that keep me curious about the game...

He seems to be a demon. You see a video showing other demons attacking him. Why would demons attack another demon? Why would a demon help Dante?

Part of me believes that Phineas guy could indeed be Sparda in disguise. He is weak and needs help. Dante is the guy who will help his own father, without knowing that he was his father. Remember Onimusha Dawn of Dreams? Tenkai was Samanosuke Akeshi all the time.

Tthe only problem is that Phineas is a black guy, lol. Both Dante and Vergil are white guys. So, it wouldn't make sense. Well, it may be just a disguise, like Jester for Arkham.
I really like this idea as it would be very unexpected and generally awesome as perhaps Sparda is so weak he couldn't complete his disguise - that is why he doesn't have one of his eyes and why he is not wiping out them harpies. However he is probably just a new character! :)

Devil Player

I really like this idea as it would be very unexpected and generally awesome as perhaps Sparda is so weak he couldn't complete his disguise - that is why he doesn't have one of his eyes and why he is not wiping out them harpies. However he is probably just a new character! :)

Exactly, I really hope seeing Sparda appearing or making at least something in the game...

I think Phineas would be the perfect chance to be such character. It would be like The Usual Suspects. You don't need to show Phineas turning into Sparda , nothing like that. Make it happening like Kevin Spacey being Keyser Soze. He starts showing that he could be such character.

For example, Phineas could vanish and he could say a single line like "Thank you, now i can rest in piece, son". That would nail it.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

that would be brilliant. and in all fairness every great story needs a mystical negro (slightly racist but look at all the gr8 films)
i love the idea that sparda is interacting with Dante so earlly in the game. or at all actually :D

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Can Phineas be like the "old mystic" from the Prince of Persia Sands of Time to Dante? Guiding him on his journeys to reach his full potential of a nephilim?

He did say "Good hunting, my master" so he must be a caretaker to Dante & Vergil when he was with the family. Both didn't remember much.

Triceranuke

Can Phineas be like the "old mystic" from the Prince of Persia Sands of Time to Dante? Guiding him on his journeys to reach his full potential of a nephilim?

He did say "Good hunting, my master" so he must be a caretaker to Dante & Vergil when he was with the family. Both didn't remember much.
He said he had never met Dante and only recognized him cause he reminded him of Sparda.

Top Bottom