• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Petition - Bring back Stephen Russell for Thief 4

Dante47

If you don't know, Eidos Montreal plans to resurrect the beloved stealth franchise, Thief for next generation consoles. It will be a reboot of the three games from before.
Here's a trailer for the game.

In the former three titles, the charismatic and cynical hero, Garrett, was voiced by Stephen Russell, who brought much personality to his character.
However, in the latest entry, he has been replaced by a much younger actor, yet the character Garrett is still the main playable protagonist.

As a fan of this series and of Stephen Russell's voice work, this is certainly not a deal breaker on this newer game. I love the Thief series to death, but this newer and far less talented voice actor is a hindrance to the game's great potential. I'll anticipate this game further once Russell is on the cast.

"The Rageaholic" puts his opinion on the decision quite well.

BRING BACK STEPHEN RUSSELL FOR THIEF 4

If any of you want to dispute this choice to replace Stephen Russell, you can help by signing this petition, here.
Or click here, https://www.change.org/petitions/eidos-montreal-square-enix-bring-back-stephen-russell-for-thief-4

Every vote counts, so please help.

Dante47

It's not to actually win Eidos over and get Russell back, though I would love that, it's to make a statement that there is a demand for this, and to show that fans don't forget or forgive these kind of things.

Besides, for the game Hitman:Absolution, it worked.

Dark Drakan

Admin
They said they originally spoke to him to do the voice over but they also wanted the actor to be able to do their own stunts to make the voice sound more authentic & not like it is a voice over put over an animation. This is something that the old actor apparently can no longer do so they had to pick someone younger.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Oh Eidos, still trying to worm your way out of a Legacy of Kain game? *shakes head in disappointment*

Dante47

They said they originally spoke to him to do the voice over but they also wanted the actor to be able to do their own stunts to make the voice sound more authentic & not like it is a voice over put over an animation. This is something that the old actor apparently can no longer do so they had to pick someone younger.
Why doesn't this newer actor perform the stunts, whilst Stephen Russell voices over him?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Why doesn't this newer actor perform the stunts, whilst Stephen Russell voices over him?

They wanted the voice & motion to be done at the same time so the players could hear strain in the voice etc as the actor is also performing the tasks as they speak. Rather than having a voice put over the animation, for immersion & realism effect.

Top Bottom