• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC: the game hangs during gameplay.

Romy

My specs: Dual Core 3.0 GhZ, NVidia GeForce 9800GT 1 GB VRAM, 4GB RAM.

I can run the game on full settings, but even when I put the resolution down, the game sometimes hangs for 2-3 seconds and then it continues to run. It happens 3-4 times during 1 minute. Any idea how to fix this?

ReRave

smug jerk
Reinstall. Might be a software-issue.
If not, your processor's frequency and RAM might not be enough, have you checked the minimum requirements?
A decent graphic card can only get you so far.

I do not want to accuse of anything, but if you happen to have a pirated version of the game: those are often buggy.

Romy

Reinstall. Might be a software-issue.
If not, your processor's frequency and RAM might not be enough, have you checked the minimum requirements?
A decent graphic card can only get you so far.

I do not want to accuse of anything, but if you happen to have a pirated version of the game: those are often buggy.

Yeah, minimum requirements are lower than my specs. Like I said, I run it on highest settings. Sometimes, it plays flawlessly, but sometimes it freezes couple of seconds every minute. Yeah, I have the pirated version, but Reloaded's are always perfect.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Its probably your cpu, but i ran this game with my old athlon X2 +5200 2,6GHz perfectly on highest.. So i dont know. Does this happens with DmC only, or other games aswell?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Yeah, minimum requirements are lower than my specs. Like I said, I run it on highest settings. Sometimes, it plays flawlessly, but sometimes it freezes couple of seconds every minute. Yeah, I have the pirated version, but Reloaded's are always perfect.

Romy

DRIVERS DRIVERS DRIVERS DRIVERS

Can't stress this enough.

Checked that already. All the drivers seem to be working fine. And that's probably not the issue since it doesn't always happen. Sometimes I get a few freezes during a one-minute period, and sometimes I play like half an hour without those glitches.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Checked that already. All the drivers seem to be working fine. And that's probably not the issue since it doesn't always happen. Sometimes I get a few freezes during a one-minute period, and sometimes I play like half an hour without those glitches.
Is it up to date? How about vcredist? Or directx? Try setting the texture and shadows to low.

Top Bottom