• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC Players: Does 60FPS 'feel' much different?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Any PC players out there feel like answering a wee question for Me? I play DmC on Xbox 360 (which as We all know is locked at 30FPS) something which I believe is actually a first for a Devil May Cry title.

Anyway, I'm curious as despite loving the game and feeling smooth 90% of the time, My game will make the odd hiccup and temporarily skip a heartbeat so to stay, and I usually suffer an infuriating bug where if I attempt to Demon pull a Pathos' shield off, and then immediately try to Angel Lift Myself towards it, Dante will fall to the ground and nothing will happen until I let go of Left Trigger.

So, let Me know if those extra 30 makes much difference 'feel'-wise, thanks!

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
I play with less than 60fps on a PC (integrated graphics card :() and it already looks smooth as hell, with occasional but not frequent spikes.

Dante47

It's great.
At 60 frames per second, it allows more hardcore players different possibilities with the sped up and more fast paced gameplay. It's not a different experience entirely, but it's enough to make a dent.

Romy

Generally, you can see a big difference between 30 and 60 FPS and yeah, 60 is smooth as hell, and naturally, it's far more enjoyable to play.

MasterBlasterAA

i primarily play on the 360 but i downloaded it for PC just to see how the combat feels. Honestly its not very different (although the PC version looks incredibly gorgeous). PC just feels slightly faster, and the only noticeable difference is the lack of the pause in the Roulette move. I have had some issues (like the one you described) on the PC version as well so i dont think its a framerate issue

MedicoreR

I can clearly say ''the console versions are joke'' after playing PC version.
Insane difference both in graphics and little less combat wise.

ace3005

If Ace can't do it ?! Who will ?
after finishing dmc , 3 times on xbox 360....I bought the pc version from steam and I finished it all the way and I have only one rare artwork to unlock, I can tell you the console version is crap compared to the pc version....graphics on 360 suck in comparison to pc but not only that the different in fps from 30 to 60 is huge , I tried to play the 360 one time and I found it very ugly and sluggish (compared to the pc)...so yea the pc version is superior in every way plus its cheaper and you can buy all the dlc
Btw use GeForce Experience to optimize the game if you have slower pc

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
after finishing dmc , 3 times on xbox 360....I bought the pc version from steam and I finished it all the way and I have only one rare artwork to unlock, I can tell you the console version is crap compared to the pc version....graphics on 360 suck in comparison to pc but not only that the different in fps from 30 to 60 is huge , I tried to play the 360 one time and I found it very ugly and sluggish (compared to the pc)...so yea the pc version is superior in every way plus its cheaper and you can buy all the dlc
Btw use GeForce Experience to optimize the game if you have slower pc
Hey fellow Noctis, except your old Noctis. Hello.
and I can't wait to play it on PC. :D

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Like some have said already, it's not a huge difference, but it is still enough to make an impact in your eyes during combat. Feels a lot more fluid and the lack of pauses during many attacks is a wonder. So, 60 fps is wonderful, but 30 fps is not bad for me either. I finished my first run on 30fps (until I lowered the res a little bit to amp the framerate) and it still felt good.

ace3005

If Ace can't do it ?! Who will ?
How can you say its not a huge difference when you clearly said you don't have the pc to run the game at 1080p all max with 60 fps or more. Trust me its a huge difference , don't believe me ? Just run dmc 3 at 30 fps see how that feels or try bayonetta on xbox(60fps) vs ps3(30fps) or dmc 4 at 30 vs 60 fps
PC version is superior and I blame the xbox and ps3 or unreal engine or maybe development while I love the game I don't think ninja theory have really good programmers than can optimize games ...just look at there other games while they are good games, they have poor graphics and bad responsiveness

Btw I also run dmc on my laptop and I used geforce experience to optimize the game and it runs at 720p everything on low with hd textures on , and the game runs at 58-60 fps and still looks better than the xbox version , I think thats why they released the pc version so early , they probably played both versions and they said holly crap the console versions suck ass . I hope they make dmc 2 but I want ninja theory to only handle design and story , leave the programing and optimizing to the pros(Japanese) . DMC has a lot of bugs and the pc version already received like 2 or 3 updates so...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
60FPS is nice, sure. But once you've tasted 120FPS, you can't go back.

Dominus

I hope you guys getting 120 fps have a 120hz lcd monitor.... otherwise you will feel that 120 fps but you won't see it lol... That's actually what I do for my PC games with a 60hz monitor to get less input lag, 120 fps @ 60hz...

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I hope you guys getting 120 fps have a 120hz lcd monitor.... otherwise you will feel that 120 fps but you won't see it lol... That's actually what I do for my PC games with a 60hz monitor to get less input lag, 120 fps @ 60hz...
I'm going to be building my own comp, I got the hardware for the tower and what not..just need a good monitor, any suggestions?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
BenQ XL2410T. It's a sort of middle-of-the-range 3D monitor model, but it does the job. Only bought it for the 120hz, to be honest; can't stand 3D.

Top Bottom