• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC gaming and rampant piracy

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Recently this thing has been getting to my balls now everyone and i mean EVERYONE is like yelling "PC Is a piracy hive" "PC gaming is for pirates and that's why no one makes exclusives anymore"

For that i say Bullsh!t ! Its like saying as if console piracy isn't a even an issue which is far from true Ps3 can be hacked easily and Xbox Dvd's are pretty much pirateble GTA 5 was leaked before its release date for Xbox WTF ?

Not only that developers go around saying that "PC gaming isn't profitable because of piracy" seriously this is kind of double standard that **** me off the most there is piracy EVERYWHERE ! so why is it only a big problem when it comes to PC but not for the consoles ?

Not to mention that Online multiplayer is big part of gaming and in PC playing pirated games online is pretty much impossible whereas in consoles its pretty easy only risk you have is getting banned from PSN or XLive.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Anything can be pirated pretty much, people will always find a way. It is just much easier to do on a PC, easier access to tools and no need to mod your hardware for it. Plus its PC's that are used to create the pirated console versions. Its actually not difficult to pirate PC online games but I shall not get into details obviously.

For example Crysis 2 was the most pirated game of 2011 with nearly four million illegal downloads. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, released in the November, was the second most pirated game, with around 3,650,000 illegal downloads. Battlefield 3 was a close third at 3,510,000 downloads. Fifa 12 took fourth place with 3,390,000 downloads. Portal 2 was fifth with 3,240,000. That was 3 times more than the nearest console pirated numbers.

PC Gamer

I used that example as it was the fastest actual numbered stats I could find.

Top Bottom