• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Payday developer & Starbreeze working on Walking Dead co-op title

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just been announced that Payday developers
Overkill Software along with Starbreeze Studios are working on a co-op Walking Dead game.

The Walking Dead creator and Skybound Entertainment CEO Robert Kirkman said in the new take on the zombie survival series is "co-op game that all of the Walking Dead fans have been waiting for (better than the awful Survival Instinct I hope).

Starbreeze CEO Bo Andersson Klint said the developer "will bring The Walking Dead into the world of first-person shooter co-op games," and that it will be "gameplay focused, ferocious and bring chaos to the traditional industry model."

The title will be powered by Starbreeze's Diesel engine, "updated for the next generation." It is expected to launch in 2016, which is when "Washington falls," according to the announcement trailer.​

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You lost me at FPS co-op game. I already got Left 4 Dead and turning The Walking Dead in to something like that is missing the point.

Dark Drakan

Admin
You lost me at FPS co-op game. I already got Left 4 Dead and turning The Walking Dead in to something like that is missing the point.

If they capture the right mood/atmosphere it could work. Starbreeze aren't bad at that & Payday developers have experience in multiplayer area. A L4D style game wouldn't work as we already have it but a decent story, well paced co-op FPS could work.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If they capture the right mood/atmosphere it could work. Starbreeze aren't bad at that & Payday developers have experience in multiplayer area. A L4D style game wouldn't work as we already have it but a decent story, well paced co-op FPS could work.
Here's the thing though, The Walking Dead is not about shooting and fighting zombies.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Here's the thing though, The Walking Dead is not about shooting and fighting zombies.

I know I enjoyed Telltales series immensely but if done right it could be half decent. Hopefully they learnt the lessons from Survival Instincts & how straight up FPS mechanics just don't work with it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I know I enjoyed Telltales series immensely but if done right it could be half decent. Hopefully they learnt the lessons from Survival Instincts & how straight up FPS mechanics just don't work with it.
Just not feeling it man. I mean these guys did great doing something like Payday but they'd probably be better off doing their own original zombie game than making a game for a franchise like The Walking Dead. TellTale has pretty much got that covered because those are basically definitive Walking Dead games. To be honest, those video games actually were sometimes better than both the show and the original comics.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just not feeling it man. I mean these guys did great doing something like Payday but they'd probably be better off doing their own original zombie game than making a game for a franchise like The Walking Dead. TellTale has pretty much got that covered because those are basically definitive Walking Dead games. To be honest, those video games actually were sometimes better than both the show and the original comics.

Yeah I agree with you & I'm skeptical about it too but enjoyed Starbreezes work in past & liked look of Payday 2 so guess it's a wait & see.

Top Bottom