• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

parkour anybody?

Azurel

I just beat Mirror's Edge. Yes, it's somewhat frustrating figuring out where to go, and when you've figured it out, missing your jumps. But I loved every second of it. It's an experience, and now I'm totally in love with Faith (and maybe even her twin sister Kate) because of it.

But it was something I always wanted to do, (jump around skyscrapers) but never could in real life. Because they're too far apart. And most people have problems with you climbing on buildings, so, it was something that really isn't feasible in most places.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I just beat Mirror's Edge. Yes, it's somewhat frustrating figuring out where to go, and when you've figured it out, missing your jumps. But I loved every second of it. It's an experience, and now I'm totally in love with Faith (and maybe even her twin sister Kate) because of it.

But it was something I always wanted to do, (jump around skyscrapers) but never could in real life. Because they're too far apart. And most people have problems with you climbing on buildings, so, it was something that really isn't feasible in most places.
well cool i might have to pick mirror's edge up soon. :)
and yeah i can relate to the "people get mad at you climbing on things" it happens to me alot :p

Azurel

well cool i might have to pick mirror's edge up soon. :)
and yeah i can relate to the "people get mad at you climbing on things" it happens to me alot :p

lolol. I know right. No fun is allowed in reality. EVER. And people wonder why we spend so much time in our fantasies (books/atmospheric music(preferable)/games/movies/shows/role-playing blogs)

Anyway, if you liked the demo, you'll love the game. Guaranteed. I hope. Maybe. Ok, you'll hate the constant dying but love the one successful jump you execute over the cityscape.

Heads up: Dishonored is coming. It looks to be a spectacular first person game with some parkour in it. It will also allow you to play any way you want. Yes, even if you don't want to harm a single enemy. It's a different kind of role-playing. I'm pretty sure someone started a Dishonored thread already, so, I won't go into any more detail.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dishonore...sions-stealth-action-and-all-options-between/

EDIT: Apparently the frustration factor is also apparent in DMC3. (They were on the same list. Maybe it's because they have the same haircuts?)

http://www.gamesradar.com/19-most-rage-inducing-games-fill-us-hate/

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
lolol. I know right. No fun is allowed in reality. EVER. And people wonder why we spend so much time in our fantasies (books/atmospheric music(preferable)/games/movies/shows/role-playing blogs)

Anyway, if you liked the demo, you'll love the game. Guaranteed. I hope. Maybe. Ok, you'll hate the constant dying but love the one successful jump you execute over the cityscape.

Heads up: Dishonored is coming. It looks to be a spectacular first person game with some parkour in it. It will also allow you to play any way you want. Yes, even if you don't want to harm a single enemy. It's a different kind of role-playing. I'm pretty sure someone started a Dishonored thread already, so, I won't go into any more detail.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dishonore...sions-stealth-action-and-all-options-between/
exactly! and i live where there is nothing fun to do, so i have to get creative and parkour let's me do that, but some people don't appreciate that! So eff them, but yeah video games are also a good way to escape.
btw i've seen dishonored and i am very interested in what i've seen, so i shall keep an eye on that. :)
p.s. okay i'm definitely getting mirror's edge one day :)

Salthanath

I'm not Grade S, But I'm no Grade D Either
Been doing Parkour for a good 4 Year's now, It's brilliant to pass the time, It's good for getting around places as well, Not to say that's it's dangerous either but Everything come's with risks

Salthanath

I'm not Grade S, But I'm no Grade D Either
ah, so you're probably pretty good at it now aren't you? :)

You could say that, I'm not the best, But I'm not the worst Either, I don't the freerunning stuff, Y'know, Backflip's and all that stuff, But give me a location to get to, And I'll get there in the most imaginative way possible

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You could say that, I'm not the best, But I'm not the worst Either, I don't the freerunning stuff, Y'know, Backflip's and all that stuff, But give me a location to get to, And I'll get there in the most imaginative way possible
cool, i have been practicing alot lately and i'm starting to learn new tricks and more fluid with my movements.

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
I could never do that, you have to be fearless o_o I've seen it in movies, and they raced some free runners on top gear once ^_^
(Skip to 1:30)
(Skip to 1:18)

aoshi

Wow, a thread on parkour and not a single mention of games like prince of persia and assassins creed.

Assassins creed, yeah, was not that much concentrated on parkour but still can parkour when completing the assassination and need to flee the spot before guards can catch up. Same can be seen in prince of persia warrior within , when we had chase sequences from dhahaka.Actually all 3 prince of persia games have a lot of parkour(not sure about prince of persia 2008 as i have not played it).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Parkour/Free-Running is no easy feet.

I respect and admire everyone who tries this. But practice makes perfect. There's being brave and then there's being stupid. Never think you should make a leap if you may be thinking it'll be your last.

I know that they have to train themselves to land. And train to essentially land 'bad' or worser than they had planned to. And a lot of the landing involves going into rolls on the floor, which you also have to teach yourself to do. It's not as simple as just doing a roll, it's about the timing. A huge amount of this type of skill is down to timing.

KRSkull

Never tried parkour because i am afraid of heights. but i have seen a few people do it. and i have seen it in a movie called District B13.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I'm a parkour fan. It's probably one of the few sports out there other than Kendo and Japanese Jujutsu (not Brazilian) that I can really get into.

Top Bottom