• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Other Reboots/Ideas

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Make Bloody Roar into something greater than Hudson. Konami needs fighting games!

- Beasts
- Insects
- Birds
- Aquatic Creatures
- Dinosaurs
- Mythical Creatures
- Mutants

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Final Fantasy, I think square would do well to let another developer take a stab at the game series and sort of let them have free reign like Capcom allowed for NT
Legend of Zelda, fans have basically been playing prettier versions of Ocarina of Time for like 15 years. I would love Nintendo if they ditched all the lore and tradition and really did something new with the series for once.
NO, we need Versus 13 first, then they can reboot.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Oh yeah Trust me I know, metal gear fans would riot lol. And I agree with you 100% on dark cloud, it was a nice idea but very poorly executed. I think the only reason it sold well and got that amazing sequel was because it was a launch title. Thankfully, now we have Level 5 still around making great games
Dark Cloud 1 was still a game good overall, especially considering that it was a launch title, it's just that Dark Cloud 2 was everything Dark Cloud 1, but better.

The opposite happened with Luigi's Mansion. Launch title, one of the most beautiful looking game on the Gamecube, pretty much a complete idea and game, but people didn't like it that well. Poor Luigi, always getting the short end of the stick and pretty much hated by everyone. And this is why I don't like Mario, why? 'Cause the ass takes the spotlight from Luigi all the freaking time.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
NO, we need Versus 13 first, then they can reboot.
I still have this feeling Versus is either not ever going to be made and will be cannibalized by another game, or if it ever gets released will be just okay or just bad. Rarely is a game with a development cycle that long ever good in the end unfortunately. I think by reboot I just mean that ff needs to go in a radically different direction. I mean if you have ever read an interview about the design philosophies with a ff game it will perplex you, especially if you study anything like game design or are just knowledgeable on the subject.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I still have this feeling Versus is either not ever going to be made and will be cannibalized by another game, or if it ever gets released will be just okay or just bad. Rarely is a game with a development cycle that long ever good in the end unfortunately. I think by reboot I just mean that ff needs to go in a radically different direction. I mean if you have ever read an interview about the design philosophies with a ff game it will perplex you, especially if you study anything like game design or are just knowledgeable on the subject.
DukeNukemForever.jpg

The only difference, Gearbox said that this won't be a spectacular game. Square Enix is trying to make Versus XIII spectacular.

Mystiq Doom

Ah the activity in this thread makes me quite happy. Sucks I haven't been able to add to it till now (errands, car trouble) As those problems dictate, I won't be going anywhere tonight so I'll dive right into this thread.

Streets of Rage - please Sega, FFS, this needs to happen. I pictured the remake to SoR being kind of like Dungeon Fighter Online, where each style is deep and unique.

Legacy of Kain - Apparently LoK is actually being rebooted by Crystal Dynamics and Amy Hennig is coming back to do the story. I'm excited. It could be interesting if they decide to make part of the game feature Kain and Raziel on the same side until Kain betrays Raziel.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Ah the activity in this thread makes me quite happy. Sucks I haven't been able to add to it till now (errands, car trouble) As those problems dictate, I won't be going anywhere tonight so I'll dive right into this thread.

Streets of Rage - please Sega, FFS, this needs to happen. I pictured the remake to SoR being kind of like Dungeon Fighter Online, where each style is deep and unique.

Legacy of Kain - Apparently LoK is actually being rebooted by Crystal Dynamics and Amy Hennig is coming back to do the story. I'm excited. It could be interesting if they decide to make part of the game feature Kain and Raziel on the same side until Kain betrays Raziel.
I love the voice acting in Soul Reaver, especially Raziel's voice. Random video by the way, I don't remember which video or game Raziel laments about his situation. Also, I've never played the series, but I still find it interesting.

Mystiq Doom

I agree with people saying Zelda but it's probably a complete pipe dream as Nintendo is a company that resists change like no other.

But what I would want to see, is a more mature Zelda title. DmC mature? No, I'm talking about a game similar to Vagrant Story. By more mature we differentiate from "Gannon/other evil guy must be defeated" into "Gannon must be killed". Like, Link knows he needs to slay the baddie or be slain himself. Complete character re-design and different main weapons (again, like Vagrant Story).

I always looked at VS as a Zelda game made for my tastes (since I never liked the LoZ series personally).

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I agree with people saying Zelda but it's probably a complete pipe dream as Nintendo is a company that resists change like no other.

But what I would want to see, is a more mature Zelda title. DmC mature? No, I'm talking about a game similar to Vagrant Story. By more mature we differentiate from "Gannon/other evil guy must be defeated" into "Gannon must be killed". Like, Link knows he needs to slay the baddie or be slain himself. Complete character re-design and different main weapons (again, like Vagrant Story).

I always looked at VS as a Zelda game made for my tastes (since I never liked the LoZ series personally).
Darksiders is considered by some to be a Zelda/God of War/Devil May Cry/Prince of Persia game in terms of gameplay. Story-wise, it is its own thing; based on Biblical stories while adding some of its own flair.

3D Dot Game Heroes is an homage to the original Zelda. I don't understand why people call it a rip off when it even states that it is a game for people who want a nostalgia trip. Same thing with Darksiders being called a God of War rip off when the combat is different compared to God of War. So if you want mature as in you're the mature one now, let's visit the past, try 3D Dot Game Heroes. I did, but because I was never there for the original The Legend of Zelda and for some reason I can't play games like that decently, I don't like it for that.

But yeah, there isn't a game like what you said; taking Zelda game with a mature story.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
a Jak and Daxter reboot would be interesting as Naughty dog did try to reboot Jak and Daxter, they just tried to make it realistic like Uncharted. While I'm not against Jak and Daxter tackling more Mature/realistic themes, i feel they should keep in a more sci-fi/cartoony world.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...hty-dog-almost-made-a-new-jak-and-daxter.aspx

Ninja gaiden doesn't really have a complex contuinty as each game just ties up itself. The main problem with continuity is figuring out how the SNES games and DOA ties into the series so just figure that out.

Top Bottom