• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Original ideas for Trish Devil Arms

windleopard

Raijin

A chain whip which is used for crowd control and closing the distance between Trish and her opponents. Trish can enhance the whip's attacks by channeling lightning through it and can break it apart, commanding its segments to fly around and damage foes.

Garuda

A shield used for defense and offense. Trish can pull off tricks similar to Captain America like ricocheting them off enemies of surfaces. She can also magnetize the shield, allowing her to better control it's movement like a yo-yo.

windleopard

Ymir
A pair of stone maces for slow, damaging attacks. Trish can use them to command rocks fall from the sky, launch a barrage of sharp stone missiles, increase damage resistance, summon rock barriers and unleash a devastating earthquake for an ultimate attack.

As Trish becomes more skilled with Ymir, they gain access to three new modes: lava, steel and crystal.

Lava mode comes with increased attack speed and can launch fire balls of immense power. However, Trish loses the defense buff.

Steel mode is a sort of jack of all stats mode that can be enhanced with Trish's lightning powers. Trish can also magnetize Ymir and swing them around while attached to a "wire" of electricity.

Crystal mode can stun enemies and set them up for a combo by encasing them in crystal. It has the lowest attack power of the four modes but makes up for it with its ability to recover health.

Kitsune

A whip which can split into up to nine cords.

Last edited:

windleopard

Cu Chulainn
A spear that can extend to increase its already great range. It also has an attack that allows it to home in on the target and break through defenses. However, this move can only be used once per level.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Those are cool ideas but I'd focus on Trish's shape-shifting abilities from 4 more than giving her an arsenal.

windleopard

Those are cool ideas but I'd focus on Trish's shape-shifting abilities from 4 more than giving her an arsenal.
Can she shapeshift? It didn't seem clear. Also, how would that work in gameplay? As far as we can see, she can only take humanoid shapes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Can she shapeshift? It didn't seem clear. Also, how would that work in gameplay? As far as we can see, she can only take humanoid shapes.
She technically did it in 4 when she became Gloria. You could commit to the idea that she could shape-shift into other characters and explore it.

I liked the idea of Lady and Trish proactively seeking out potential threats. So there would be new mechanics around Trish having to convince other characters she's a grunt demon or henchperson.

In combat she would have to master someone else's weapon/fighting style. You could limit her to one weapon pee disguise and have her unlock the ability to switch weapons etc.

You could limit Trish's abilities to humanoid characters or play around with she can turn into. Atreus's Rage mode in GoW Ragnarok allows him to transform into a wolf. So I was thinking about doing something with Trish's abilities.

Last edited:

windleopard

She technically did it in 4 when she became Gloria. You could commit to the idea that she could shape-shift into other characters and explore it.

I liked the idea of Lady and Trish proactively seeking out potential threats. So there would be new mechanics around Trish having to convince other characters she's a grunt demon or henchperson.

In combat she would have to master someone else's weapon/fighting style. You could limit her to one weapon pee disguise and have her unlock the ability to switch weapons etc.

You could limit Trish's abilities to humanoid characters or play around with she can turn into. Atreus's Rage mode in GoW Ragnarok allows him to transform into a wolf. So I was thinking about doing something with Trish's abilities.
Interesting idea.

windleopard

Arachne

A harness with four spider-like limbs attached, each with a blade at the end. The blades can either fire laser blast, slice and stab enemies or generate sphere of energy to be launched at opponents. One combo would be hoisting an enemy up with one limb while stabbing or blasting them with the other three.

windleopard

Ares
A massive axe that basically serves as Trish's equivalent of Sparda. With it's long range, swift and devastating power and ability to unleash powerful bursts of energy, it is an invaluable weapon for Trish.

Top Bottom