• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Original Creator and Producer, possible?

VergilNeroDante

I was thinking, if the original creator and producer were to make a return do you think Capcom would allow them to continue the original series and make it more interesting than what have had in the previous installments?

I was asking this because I read up somewhere where Kayima, if possible to continue the original if Capcom allowed it.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Considering the bad blood between Kamiya and Capcom at this point, while Kamiya may be open, Capcom may not be. Hard to gauge, but he was one of the princible members of the original team that did not come back for DMC4...

ZeroLove

Kamiya is doing his own thing and I think it is better like that. Let's just enjoy the new games he and Capcom are making seperately instead of wallowing in the past.

VergilNeroDante

I know but i read somewhere where he would consider making another DMC (original) if Capcom allowed it. DOes he have rights to DMC still or no?

VergilNeroDante

Kamiya is doing his own thing and I think it is better like that. Let's just enjoy the new games he and Capcom are making seperately instead of wallowing in the past.

I'm not wallowing about anything. I'm just asking a simple question, that honestly needs a simple answer and what other game besides Bayo has Kamiya made?

ZeroLove

I'm not wallowing about anything. I'm just asking a simple question, that honestly needs a simple answer and what other game besides Bayo has Kamiya made?

I would take a wild guess and say he is working on the sequal. But that's the thing, he's moved on and so has Capcom. Time for the fans to do the same.

seraphmaycry

i hope he comes back dmc4 was not enjoyable for me to easy and nero was basicly a reexture of dante the bringer was like gilgamesh red queen was a more agile rebbelion with boosting and blue rose slower ebony and ivory oh and there was one arc for two characters WTF

VergilNeroDante

Well I think personally that Kayima isn't THAT prideful. I'm sure he still hangs out with some of the former Capcom staff, so I think if DMC 5 comes out (I have faith it will), I believe that Itsuno, Kayima, Kobayash and some other should come back and make DMC 5. DMC 4's atmosphere, to me wasn't dark enough and you never got to play in Hell this time either. DMC 1 and DMC 3 had these atmosphere's and thats why i enjoyed playing them, even now I still do. I just think that they should have done that instead, but I hope that the next original installment, that it will provide a dark atmosphere, with amazing pumping metal music to go with it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't call kobayashi back since I dislike his work with DMC but I'm cool with itsuno,kamiya and shinji mikami who was producer for dmc1 coming back.

Only questions left are whether kamiya can write a good story or whether he would care about contuinty enough to adresses issues from games he didn't create.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Kamiya's ideas for DMC would have been to switch to a new hero anyway for a sequel, he's noted that in a couple interviews, so it essentially would have been like in DMC4. Based on what was realeased over the years, it was essentially gonn'a be that DMC2 featured Dante's son and probably just Mundus returning as he promised to do. Not really all that enticing IMO, or inventive in the storyline. We actually got a good look at his rendition of a DMC2 with Bayonetta as it was...just, really repeating it all over again.

VergilNeroDante

Kamiya's ideas for DMC would have been to switch to a new hero anyway for a sequel, he's noted that in a couple interviews, so it essentially would have been like in DMC4. Based on what was realeased over the years, it was essentially gonn'a be that DMC2 featured Dante's son and probably just Mundus returning as he promised to do. Not really all that enticing IMO, or inventive in the storyline. We actually got a good look at his rendition of a DMC2 with Bayonetta as it was...just, really repeating it all over again.

Oh, I never saw those but I guess you have a point on that. Well either way, Dante's son I think would be an interesting character to play as if he or she was created. Alas, either way, I'm still wanting to know if Kamiya still has some rights to DMC, since he is the original creator of course.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Kamiya's pretty much forfit creator rights to DMC once he left Capcom, he's had no say in the series really since DMC1, it's part of why he made Bayonetta. Kaimya even stated that Bayonetta and DMC1 are in the same universe, which probably means he doesn't count anything after DMC1 at all in his version of the DMC world.

VergilNeroDante

Kamiya's pretty much forfit creator rights to DMC once he left Capcom, he's had no say in the series really since DMC1, it's part of why he made Bayonetta. Kaimya even stated that Bayonetta and DMC1 are in the same universe, which probably means he doesn't count anything after DMC1 at all in his version of the DMC world.

Alrighty, makes since i guess. Bayo and DMC 1 in the same universe eh, thats alittle weird then i guess.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Eh, Kamiya also said that in a straight up fight, Bayo would wipe the floors with Dante, even though Ddante is half Demon and Bayo is a witch. I think he's just beeing bitter and vindictive about thE whole fallout with Capcom over the years

VergilNeroDante

Eh, Kamiya also said that in a straight up fight, Bayo would wipe the floors with Dante, even though Ddante is half Demon and Bayo is a witch. I think he's just beeing bitter and vindictive about thE whole fallout with Capcom over the years

Eh sorry Dante would win hands down.

Top Bottom