• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Origin of the Judge of Death Carving?

So I have a bit of a weird question. I started playing the Devil May Cry series in light of the new game that's coming. In the second mission in the first game there's a mission called "Judge of Death". There's a statue/carving in the wall with the sword Alastor. Once you get it out the background changes to this Symbol:

Now I really like the Judge of Death symbol here. May even get a tattoo of it. But I was just wondering if anyone knew the origins of the carving? Was it original work done by the art team or was it based of of something? Any idea on the name of it other than just Judge of Death? I'm trying to find more on it but I'm not getting far.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think the art was just done by the guys who made the game. Still, it has a lot of detail for something you'll only be seeing a few times, seeing as for some reason the carving disappears once night falls.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So I have a bit of a weird question. I started playing the Devil May Cry series in light of the new game that's coming. In the second mission in the first game there's a mission called "Judge of Death". There's a statue/carving in the wall with the sword Alastor. Once you get it out the background changes to this Symbol:

Now I really like the Judge of Death symbol here. May even get a tattoo of it. But I was just wondering if anyone knew the origins of the carving? Was it original work done by the art team or was it based of of something? Any idea on the name of it other than just Judge of Death? I'm trying to find more on it but I'm not getting far.
I know I'm a few months late to the game but if you still want some info on this I can tell you that while I don't know where they got the actual image I can tell you that the architecture and design of the castle are based on Spanish architectural landmarks, like La Sagrada Familia and other works by Antoni Gaudí. If you look up some of those there might a statue or design they got it from.

Top Bottom