• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

order your char here..

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
HAHA! i'm back!

i'm still committed guys, but i'm really taking my time, as usual i'm lazy and moody..

so here is @Rebel Dynasty 's request, reeves, she's the first one to request so i'm giving her 3 pics, i hope you like it and do correct me for anything..

reeves_colored2_by_absolitude_corner-d9bc40f.jpg

reeves_coatless_colored_by_absolitude_corner-d9bc408.jpg

reeves_full_dress_by_absolitude_corner-d9bc40w.jpg

the last pic is quite big in size, so maybe you'd want to print it, please do..

and oh, i'm closing requests, but for those who're already giving and commenting of wanting to, you are still able to request, but for any other, i'm sorry, maybe next other time..

again, patient okay guys.. and sorry for taking so long :)

absolitude

I just PM'd you. ^_^

whoa, i didn't realize you used the pic for sig.. i'm flattered!

Man, that dude's looking casual. Love the second one with his hand in his pocket like "Yeah, so what's up? What do you want?". Sweeet bro!

thx LoD, yours and others' request are ready for digital work, just gotta find the power to do it.. and i was going to put a puppy in the direction he's seeing, but i remembered i would've made an ugly pup, it'll instead looked like a mix of pup and something else..

And you're doing that with a mouse?
Damn, you got my respect, this must be a pain!

a pain indeed, i woke up with slight pain on my palm and thumb's cushion.. lol.. but as hobbyist, we certainly enjoying working this don't we?

Okay again wow i like style of art OP is making and well soon also well im hestitaing to PM for art of character too.

you've already posted you wanting to in the thread before, you sure can, i'll eventually do yours, just wait for the time alright :), i'll pm you when i'm ready

absolitude

Of course I did. ^^ You did an amazing job. I hope your hand heals up soon, though. ^^; I can just imagine the time that went into all three.

nah, it heals up when i'm doing daily routines.. it just hurts only when waking up.. what took more of the time is that the funny thing about being an amateur is you'd notice some mistakes in drawings when coloring them.. it really is funny and weird

absolitude

True, even though I'm more of a half hobbyist nowadays XD
I'm currently looking for a job in the graphics design department, since I'm starting my final semester in communication design next week.

i knew it, i've always guessed you were majoring something in design.. best wishes for you buddy

man those look fantastic
i can't wait to see more

thx you :D .. and i honestly can't wait to fill my DA album with new variety of characters yayyy

I never got my picture

lol, you came in second in order, rebel PM-ed me for it.. wait up okay, i'm a man of my word, tho it takes time

Erian1Mortal

Premium
lol, i dunno, something about your knowledge, your gadget, the blog, your art's layout, and how you talk about art and designs.. those just gives me the idea of you being a design student
I never really thought about that all that much XD
I mean I've been using Photoshop and learning about design since way before even going to design school, but now that you mention it, maybe it's really visible through my way of talking. But looking at your skill level, it'd be hard to believe you're doing it only as a hobby, have you taken some courses as well?

absolitude

hah! you really know this department i see, i did took courses backthen, before that i was so confident with my drawings, then boom! i realized how ridiculous mine were.. the courses didn't last long, only attend 8 sessions or so, i skipped so much then i stopped going entirely--the lazy;undetermined;indisciplined;moody part, i was more into music that time

but thx for that courses, i got the knowledge to draw properly. thing is you really can't just draw or know how to, firstly you need to know how to do it properly and after that, it's all up to you to develop the style..

and by making this thread, i'm actually learning again, back in the courses, it was basically the mentor told you to draw something and then they pointed out where you are mistaken, it's amazing imo, how we actually learn from mistakes, but we definitely need others to point them out..

oh look, i'm telling a story.. :D

EDIT : oh, one thing i remember very much is that the tutor told us to go read blade of immortal, it's a fine example of pencil art, and it is..

Erian1Mortal

Premium
yeah I know how that is XD
I'm still struggling with realism, I'm doing a "back to the roots" at least once a year to learn more about the basics and each time I get better with anatomy and stuff. But since I actually started out with a totally anime style it's always visible XD
I actually never took any courses before I went to study.
http://img05.deviantart.net/e98a/i/2011/360/f/6/wb__niko_concept_sheet_by_erian1mortal-d4k9lnz.png
http://img06.deviantart.net/9f0c/i/2012/235/a/1/defiance__irina_by_erian1mortal-d5c4cdn.png
that was pretty much my limit back then (those were also pieces I did send in with my portfolio). I cannot ojectivly tell how much or if I've even gotten better at what I'm doing but I know I got faster.

absolitude

yeah I know how that is XD
I'm still struggling with realism, I'm doing a "back to the roots" at least once a year to learn more about the basics and each time I get better with anatomy and stuff. But since I actually started out with a totally anime style it's always visible XD
I actually never took any courses before I went to study.
http://img05.deviantart.net/e98a/i/2011/360/f/6/wb__niko_concept_sheet_by_erian1mortal-d4k9lnz.png
http://img06.deviantart.net/9f0c/i/2012/235/a/1/defiance__irina_by_erian1mortal-d5c4cdn.png
that was pretty much my limit back then (those were also pieces I did send in with my portfolio). I cannot ojectivly tell how much or if I've even gotten better at what I'm doing but I know I got faster.

yeah, realism is rather hard, it's the shading that determines it, and shading is hard, i quit the course before i went there.. gonna have to keep learning by myself

anyway erian, i see you're on the right track already, you should make it working in the design industry, nothing beats working in the line of things we like

Erian1Mortal

Premium
yeah, realism is rather hard, it's the shading that determines it, and shading is hard, i quit the course before i went there.. gonna have to keep learning by myself

anyway erian, i see you're on the right track already, you should make it working in the design industry, nothing beats working in the line of things we like

Yeah, I think I'll do some more figure drawing stuff, might help.
The slidshow websites are not the same as actual classes but it's better then nothing (nothing beats drawing from real life!)

True!
That's why I finished Economy class and then switched fields, to many numbers for my taste XD

Gray Knight

Well to crossover into your other thread with DmC versions of characters could you do a DmC version of Nero and a DmC version of a kind of composite between Lucia and Kyrie.

Top Bottom